Windows 10: How to know which Windows 10 version a Windows 10 ISO file includes?

Discus and support How to know which Windows 10 version a Windows 10 ISO file includes? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Everyone! Hi, I have downloaded many Windows 10 ISO files by the MediaCreationTool While using Media Creation Tool to download Windows 10 ISO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by a cooperator, Jul 5, 2018.

1. How to know which Windows 10 version a Windows 10 ISO file includes?

Hi Everyone!

Hi,

I have downloaded many Windows 10 ISO files by the MediaCreationTool

While using Media Creation Tool to download Windows 10 ISO file, I see the file name given automatically to the ISO file is named wtih only 'Windows'. So, over time, I don't remember which Windows version this ISO file includes.
    As long as Media Creation Tool can be updated over time, Media Creation Tool 1709, Media Creation Tool 1803, etc, then I think Windows ISO file can be named with the version it includes. As a result, I can still remember which Windows 10 version a Windows 10 ISO file includes.

So, if I have earlier Windows ISO files, then I will delete them to get free space of my storage since I'll no longer need them.

Look at this screen shot, and you'll see that this ISO file which was downloaded two years ago, and it was named with only "Windows". However, I don't still remember which Windows 10 version this Windows 10 ISO file includes.

How to know which Windows 10 version a Windows 10 ISO file includes? 1d06a5e9-cd9c-4f8a-9c7e-2bcce2d149bd?upload=true.jpg

:)

a cooperator, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Downloading ISOs for Windows 7, 8.1, 10

If you need to get your hands on official Microsoft ISOs for Windows 7, 8.1, or 10, check out this utility:

Microsoft Windows ISO Download Tool

This new tool allows an easy and comfortable way to download genuine Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 disk images (ISO) directly from Microsoft's servers.

Ever since Microsoft pulled the Windows disk images from Digital River, hunting for untouched ISO files has been a pain. Our new tool will make your life easier, and provides and interface to Microsoft TechBench to download original Windows images directly from Microsoft's server.

Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool
    It can access many different editions and languages. Very handy.

Static~Charge, Jul 5, 2018
  4. How to know which Windows 10 version a Windows 10 ISO file includes?

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

How to know which Windows 10 version a Windows 10 ISO file includes?

1. How to know which Windows 10 version a Windows 10 ISO file includes? - Similar Threads - version ISO file

2. How can I know my laptop came with which version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I know my laptop came with which version of windows 10: when it was new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-know-my-laptop-came-with-which-version/b2eb3b12-f1e5-463e-a496-40ea93d37ea5
  3. ISO files for testing older versions of Windows 10?

ISO files for testing older versions of Windows 10?: I'm aware of Media Creation Tool, I've used it to save ISO files and reinstall current latest builds .. but I'm trying to nail down a bug in some third-party software that worked as recently as last year -- I'd like to setup a virtual machine with Windows 10 version 1903 or...
  4. windows 10 old version iso

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 old version iso: how can i download win 10 2000 version iso 2004 does not seem to work good with my games it is spiking cpu in game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-old-version-iso/d53595c0-3c2d-44bc-a7eb-13a2281b8ef8
  5. Windows 10 ISO file version 1809

Windows 10 ISO file version 1809: Hi All, I need to get Windows 10 ISO file version 1809 to revert back from version 1909. Anyone can help me on this please? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-iso-file-version-1809/998de9ca-dacb-458d-a557-1675d405275e
  6. Windows 10 ISO Which OS build Is?

Windows 10 ISO Which OS build Is?: Hello, I want to download the Windows 10 ISO from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...d/windows10ISO Is this download of Windows 10 November 2019 Update v1909? Which is the build in this download? Why I can not select the edition of "Windows 10 November 2019 Update"...
  7. Which version is Win 10 (1909) ISO file

in Windows 10 Support
    Which version is Win 10 (1909) ISO file: Hello,Today downloaded from microsoft site the windows 10 1909 iso file (There are no other versions to select), for future upgrade.Downloaded as described on one of your tutorials:"To Directly Download Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft" (option 3). Used Chrome browser.When...
  8. Windows 10 Which Version?.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Which Version?.: I have just finished a complete reformat of my daughters HP Pavilion g6 notebook PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Apart from a couple of solved hiccups it all went well although very time consuming. I am unsure however on where to find which version it is updated to. When I...
  9. Which Windows 10 ISO file I should download?

Which Windows 10 ISO file I should download?: Hi, I tried to download Windows 10 ISO file through this site. However, I was able to access it through UC Browser only and it is redirecting me to download Media Creation Tool in PC. I was able to get download link through UC Browser but there, I found two options of...
  10. Windows ISO download - Which Version?

Windows ISO download - Which Version?: If I were for to download a Windows 10 ISO now, would it be the latest version with the Anniversary updates? 63949