Windows 10: How to know WPAD is enabled on dhcp client?

Discus and support How to know WPAD is enabled on dhcp client? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to send proxy configuration through DHCP option 252, also known as WPAD. After setting, the proxy works, and the traffic is led to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Xintai Liang, Nov 23, 2022.

1. How to know WPAD is enabled on dhcp client?

Hi, I'm trying to send proxy configuration through DHCP option 252, also known as WPAD. After setting, the proxy works, and the traffic is led to the proxy, but I can't find a way to tell that WPAD is enabled on DHCP clients. I have tried many places to seek the detected URL or maybe the IP of the proxy, but nothing returns, as shown below.1. Winhttp: netsh winhttp show proxy -- no return value2. proxy configuration in explorer -- no valueeg: chrome://net-internals/#proxy3. Settings/Networks and Internet/proxy -- no4. key value in registry -- empty or even no keyHKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Micr

:)

Xintai Liang, Nov 23, 2022

2. DHCP option 252 wpad issue

This is more of a bug report now I've located a fix, would be nice if someone could weigh in on whether this will be patched or not.

Deploying option 252 in a dhcp scope deploys proxy.pac location to the client registry:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Wpad

when moving to a new scope without option 252 this location is not forgotten and proxy continues to prompt for authentication until registry key is manually deleted.

Is this by design or a bug?

Craig OGrady, Nov 23, 2022
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Communicating with the DNS server

Since you got the error "unable to contact your DHCP server", this could be due to a disabled DHCP client. We suggest following these steps to enable it:

• Click Start.
    • Type services.msc and press
      Enter.
    • Find DHCP Client from the list of services and check the status.
    • If DHCP Client isn't running, right-click it and choose
      Start.
    • The DHCP Client Startup type should be
      Automatic. If it's not, double-click it, choose Automatic.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.

Check if you can use the ipconfig /renew command after enabling the DHCP Client. If you're still unable to connect to the Internet after this, we recommend uninstalling your network
    adapter driver by following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose Device manager.
    • Click the arrow beside Network adapters and double-click your network adapter.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall device.
    • Restart your computer. This will prompt Windows to automatically reinstall the correct driver.

Let us know what happens after enabling the DHCP Client and reinstalling the network adapter driver.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Ariel Aba Win User

How to know WPAD is enabled on dhcp client?

DHCP-Client IP lease denied event ID 1002

Hi farafalil,

While you wait for the suggestion of the Community members for this thread, I suggest that you post this issue on theTechNet
    Forums
    . The members there include IT professionals that can provide a more advanced recommendation on the next step to resolve your issue.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

How to know WPAD is enabled on dhcp client?

1. How to know WPAD is enabled on dhcp client? - Similar Threads - WPAD enabled dhcp

2. How to know WPAD is enabled on dhcp client?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to know WPAD is enabled on dhcp client?: Hi, I'm trying to send proxy configuration through DHCP option 252, also known as WPAD. After setting, the proxy works, and the traffic is led to the proxy, but I can't find a way to tell that WPAD is enabled on DHCP clients. I have tried many places to seek the detected URL...
  3. How to know WPAD is enabled on dhcp client?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to know WPAD is enabled on dhcp client?: Hi, I'm trying to send proxy configuration through DHCP option 252, also known as WPAD. After setting, the proxy works, and the traffic is led to the proxy, but I can't find a way to tell that WPAD is enabled on DHCP clients. I have tried many places to seek the detected URL...
  4. DHCP client error 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DHCP client error 5: I am trying to restart my DHCP client I have given full control to the local and network service under registry edit and added the NT authority/local service in Powershell and still getting the error 5...
  5. DHCP client error 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DHCP client error 5: I am trying to restart my DHCP client I have given full control to the local and network service under registry edit and added the NT authority/local service in Powershell and still getting the error 5...
  6. DHCP client error 5

7. Problem with DHCP Client

Problem with DHCP Client: Hello,recently I startet my computer with Windows 10 Enterprise and encountered a huge problem. Everything was super slowly, especially everything inside the taskbar was not clickable. A lot of application could not be startet and also the internet was so slow, I could not...
  8. Unable to restart dhcp client

Unable to restart dhcp client: Hi, I know there are some post about the same subject but any of the solutions provided have work for me so I'm looking for help for this problem that has taken all the day. Originally the problem started with a light cut I think at the office and all the laptops have...
  9. DHCP option 252 wpad issue

DHCP option 252 wpad issue: This is more of a bug report now I've located a fix, would be nice if someone could weigh in on whether this will be patched or not. Deploying option 252 in a dhcp scope deploys proxy.pac location to the client registry:...
  10. Dhcp Client Errors

Dhcp Client Errors: I am getting a lot of Dhcp client Errors.My internet drops out and wont connect.Here is the error I get from event viewer,like 10 or more per day..Event 1002 Dhcp client...The IP address lease 192.168.0.12 for the Network Card with network address 0x704D7B343FCB has been...