Windows 10: how to label hdd in windows 10

Discus and support how to label hdd in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, installed windows 10 on 2 machines, but when I look under networking they have stupid names, I want them to be called what I want, how do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jenleonard, Sep 26, 2015.

1. how to label hdd in windows 10

Hello, installed windows 10 on 2 machines, but when I look under networking they have stupid names, I want them to be called what I want, how do I change them, in old windows you named the drive while windows was loading, and you named your user,

:)

jenleonard, Sep 26, 2015
  2. Sohan123 Win User

[Upgrade/Replace HDD] from Windows 7 to Windows 10

I own a Dell 5423 which came with a factory bundled windows 7 home edition.

The manufacturer provided the windows key on a label which is illegible today. Only a few characters in the product key are legible. However, I have noted down the product ID.

I had an issue with HDD so I upgraded to a new HDD and installed Windows 10 home edition. How do I activate my WIndows 10 ?

Will I not be eligible for the free upgrade to windows 7 ?

Sohan123, Sep 26, 2015
  3. Stop copying files to and from desktop

I recently downloaded windows 10 Home 64 bit to a new SSD drive on my computer.The original OS is stuck in the HDD drive.I pinned the Pictures,documents.audio and video libraries to quick access.My problem is,when I download a folder to my computer and open
    it I take the file or files I want out of it.Then I put them on the desktop.Go back and delete the folder.Every time I transfer the file or files to my desktop.Windows will copy them before transferring them.Same goes when I transfer them back to the pinned
    library folder.I use to get an alert about them being harmful to my pc.But I don't even get that any more.How do I stop this copying from happening and have the alert come back up?I forgot to mention that when downloading the folders.I send them straight to
    the library folder I want the download in. The SSD drive is labeled C: and the HDD drive is labeled E:Some how the partition in the SSD drive got labeled D:The alert was when I only had the HDD drive in my computer.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Mixed Reality / Device Issues

Kenspc1959, Sep 26, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

how to label hdd in windows 10

Brink, Sep 26, 2015
Thema:

how to label hdd in windows 10

1. how to label hdd in windows 10 - Similar Threads - label hdd

2. Labels overlapping in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Labels overlapping in taskbar: Why the labels are on top of each other as in the screenshot? This happens once or twice per week. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/labels-overlapping-in-taskbar/847a021c-2e7e-4dd0-8980-a056a59dde65
  3. Labels overlapping in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Labels overlapping in taskbar: Why the labels are on top of each other as in the screenshot? This happens once or twice per week. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/labels-overlapping-in-taskbar/847a021c-2e7e-4dd0-8980-a056a59dde65
  4. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?: So i just recently cloned my ssd to another one and now there is a system drive labeled as F in my file explore and i get denied acess to it. I have tried to use diskpart to remove the letter but it only does is temporaily beacause as soon as i restart my computer its back to...
  5. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?: So i just recently cloned my ssd to another one and now there is a system drive labeled as F in my file explore and i get denied acess to it. I have tried to use diskpart to remove the letter but it only does is temporaily beacause as soon as i restart my computer its back to...
  6. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How do I not combine the taskbar buttons but not display the labels?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I not combine the taskbar buttons but not display the labels?: I do not want to combine the icons on the taskbar but at the same time I need to hide the labels as they take up too much space. This was an available option in Windows 10 but for some reason, it seems like Windows 11 has taken a step backwards by removing options such as...
  8. How do I not combine the taskbar buttons but not display the labels?

How do I not combine the taskbar buttons but not display the labels?: I do not want to combine the icons on the taskbar but at the same time I need to hide the labels as they take up too much space. This was an available option in Windows 10 but for some reason, it seems like Windows 11 has taken a step backwards by removing options such as...
  9. HDD label problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD label problem: Hello, [ATTACH] Nem vagyok biztos benne, hogy jó topic-ot választottam detalán tudja valaki a megoldást. A képen látható, hogy a D meghajtó előtt nem a Helyi lemez, hanem a Hiren's Boot CD lemez neve van és ehez egy másik ikon van társítva. A windovz telepítője nem indult...
  10. Windows 10 wrongly labels my secondary HDD as "System" in backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 wrongly labels my secondary HDD as "System" in backup: I am trying to create a system image of my SSD (where my OS is installed) but cannot because windows 10 claims my secondary HDD is also a "System" drive when it is not. I do not have enough space to create a system image of both of these drives. [img] Does anyone know...