Windows 10: How to launch Forza Horizon 4 microsoft store app from a different instance of windows?

Discus and support How to launch Forza Horizon 4 microsoft store app from a different instance of windows? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I redownloaded windows 10 when I got a new ssd and have been running a dual boot of windows 10 one for work one for personal since. Both microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by J.C._885, Oct 9, 2020.

1. J.C._885 Win User

How to launch Forza Horizon 4 microsoft store app from a different instance of windows?

Hi, I redownloaded windows 10 when I got a new ssd and have been running a dual boot of windows 10 one for work one for personal since. Both microsoft stores are signed in to the same account, just for clarity. I'm able to play all of my steam games no matter which account I'm on from redirecting the games folder to the old drive, but If I try to play Forza Horizon 4 FH4, it asks my to reinstall the game. As FH4 is quite a large game, I'm trying to find out how I can play it from both accounts while only having it downloaded once. Thank you for any assistance!

:)

J.C._885, Oct 9, 2020

2. Problem with Forza Horizon 4

Hi Hope

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Have you tried lowering your screen resolution to see if the game launches?

How much free space do you have on the drive?

Could you confirm if this also happens in the default Administrator account?

Open Start

Type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

net user administrator/active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.

Do you have the latest cumulative updates for Windows 10 1803 installed?

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Forza Horizon 4

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Check the Store for updates

If that does not work...

download the following utility and use it to remove Forza Horizon 4, extract it, launch it, scroll through the list, select Forza 4 then click Remove.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcen...

Reinstall it Forza Horizon 4 - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon...

Andre for Directly, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Forza horizon 4

Hi Stian

Have you tried lowering your screen resolution to see if the game launches?

How much free space do you have on the drive?

Could you confirm if this also happens in the default Administrator account?

Open Start

Type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

net user administrator/active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.

Do you have the latest cumulative updates for Windows 10 1803 installed?

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Forza Horizon 4

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Check the Store for updates

If that does not work...

download the following utility and use it to remove Forza Horizon 4:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcen...

Download and reinstall Forza Horizon 4 - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon...

Andre for Directly, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

How to launch Forza Horizon 4 microsoft store app from a different instance of windows?

Multiple Instances of Forza 4 Horizion running in TM

You only have one instance for Forza running. Notice the indent of the 2nd. It shows what is actually running under the task name of Forza Horizon 4.

Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager. It helps manage permissions for apps from Windows Store on your Windows 10.

Ztruker, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. How to launch Forza Horizon 4 microsoft store app from a different instance of windows? - Similar Threads - launch Forza Horizon

2. Forza horizon 4 crashes at launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza horizon 4 crashes at launch: Hi, so I just installed forza and whenever I'm trying to launch it, it crashes, doesn't even turn on,My pc has all the minimum requirements,Pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-horizon-4-crashes-at-launch/fb315c0c-8b82-4cbf-9763-1cf87565c508
  3. Forza Horizon 4 Crashes On Launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 Crashes On Launch: Hey everyone, Forza Horizon 4 crashes on launch, I have tried going through all of the fixing steps online. Nothing works. This issue started to happen again after the recent Window update. I also just reinstalled my Window 10 Pro and it seems that the game still crashes. I...
  4. Forza Horizon 4 not installing or launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 not installing or launching: So I switched PCs and therefore had to reinstall Forza Horizon 4 standard edition once again from the Microsoft store. The download worked well the first time, then I try to launch it, and it stays on the loading screen for about 5 minutes and then closes. So I uninstalled it...
  5. FORZA HORIZON 4 NOT LAUNCHING

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    FORZA HORIZON 4 NOT LAUNCHING: Hello so i just got forza horizon 4 on pc windows 10 1909 on the microsoft store when i launch it it loads a photo and just closes can you help :c[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-horizon-4-not-launching/012bf6b1-75c7-44ef-8118-c5cf980cc942
  6. Forza Horizon 4 won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 won't launch: I've tried closing all apps like CAM, uninstalled MSI Afterburner and RTSS. The game just won't launch at all. The splash screen stays for 3-4 minutes and then just closes. I reinstalled the game 3 times, reset it. Used microsoft troubleshoot for windows store apps. None of...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 not launching: Forza Horizon 4 is not launching. I have tried 3 reinstalls, resetting it, deleting MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner and also deleting my (avast) antivirus. I am up to date on windows 10 and on all my drivers. I have also tried downloading free apps and running the microsoft...
  8. Forza horizon 4 -microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 -microsoft store: Hi all, I recently purchased forza horizon 4 via the windows 10 microsoft store app. After paying a note came up stating that some users had to close the store app and click the buy button once more for the game to appear in your account. I did this but the game is nowhere...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 will not launch past initial launch window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 will not launch past initial launch window: I purchased forza horizon 4 ultimate edition yesterday on the 28th and after I installed it I noticed that the car pass had not installed. So when I went to install it, it gave me errors and said that something unexpected happened. So when it finally installed the launch...
  10. Forza horizon 4 Microsoft store bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza horizon 4 Microsoft store bug?: Alright so i pre-ordered forza horizon 4 ultimate edition and the purchase went through just fine no problem and i was playing it just today but now i try to play and its telling me i got a refund (i didnt) i go to my payment settings it says declined but it was fine just...