Windows 10: How to launch new Microsoft Edge Browser with admin rights?

Discus and support How to launch new Microsoft Edge Browser with admin rights? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; You can launch IE with admin right but you can't launch Microsoft Edge with admin because it don't not support. Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rayb, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Akane Win User

How to launch new Microsoft Edge Browser with admin rights?

You can launch IE with admin right but you can't launch Microsoft Edge with admin because it don't not support.

Akane, Jul 30, 2015
  2. jd2015 Win User

Since I was successfully able to do that with the tweaks and configurations in the link I shared, why don't you just try it for yourself?

jd2015, Jul 30, 2015
  3. HI Mystere, I have similar problems but I would ask you in simple way, Is there anyway that you can run Microsoft Brand new browser Edge with UAC disabled? , I have program installed on my computer (D-link D-VIEWCAM) which requires UAC disabled, as soon as I disabled UAC , edge can not be launched, If launched it ask you to enable UAC...

Thanks

patultimate, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

You cannot run any Universal applications with UAC disabled, and Edge is a universal app. There is no way around it, as Univeral apps work through UAC's sandbox.

Have you tried running the D-VIEWCAM with admin privs (right clicking and choose runas administrator)?

Mystere, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Thanks, I understand that, will try other way as you suggested

patultimate, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Andrzey Win User
    I cannot agree Mystere, There is a way to run Egde with admin privileges.
    Just run Local Security Policy Editor (use search box or Cortana), find Local Policy/Security options and on the right pane find "Use Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account". Enable it and enjoy Edge despite admin privs *Wink

Andrzey, Sep 1, 2015
  7. dcol Win User
    That tweak does not work for me. Made the changes and checked the registry settings. Still can't open edge. Works fine under my user account. I wish it did work, then I would run always as the built-in admin so I don't have to put up with all the 'run as administrator' garbage.

8. How to launch new Microsoft Edge Browser with admin rights?

Internet Explorer is still installed on Windows 10. I needed to open Edge as administrator because I needed to install a certificate. However, that is nobody's business why I need to run something as administrator. Navigate to program files and find the IE executable and run that as administrator. I installed the certificate and it also installed in Edge. I can now open the site in Edge without needed to click through the continue anyway link. Try that and see if it works in for whatever you are trying to do also.

aussietech, Sep 28, 2015
  9. Internet Explorer is still installed on Windows 10. I needed to open Edge as administrator because I needed to install a certificate. However, that is nobody's business why I need to run something as administrator. Navigate to program files and find the IE executable and run that as administrator. I installed the certificate and it also installed in Edge. I can now open the site in Edge without needed to click through the continue anyway link. Try that and see if it works in for whatever you are trying to do also.

aussietech, Sep 28, 2015
  10. I can give you a very good reason. SQL SErver Reporting Services requires you to run IE (or in this case Edge) as Administrator in order to access admin options for it. Again, it is irrelevant why someone needs to do something. However, since you seem to think that nothing actually needs it and that's why MS built it this way, you are incorrect. In fact, allowing something to run "as administrator" does not necessarily mean it is running in elevated privilege that the user would not have. It is an extra layer of security to prevent you form doing something accidentally.

sqlknowitall, Nov 9, 2015
  11. mysorian Win User
    I think he is making sense.
    Sometimes one need to launch a browser with administrator privileges. For example Microsoft Report Server and Report Manager needs a browser launched with administrator privileges
    http://hodentekmsss.blogspot.com/201...indows-10.html*Huh

mysorian, Jan 24, 2016
  12. Mystere Win User
    Those tools use ActiveX controls, which Edge does not support. You needed to run them as administrator in order to get the ActiveX Control installed, that doesn't work with Edge.

Mystere, Jan 25, 2016
  13. How to launch new Microsoft Edge Browser with admin rights?

I was wondering what happened after I did a complete reset of WIN10 Pro. I could no longer run Edge or IE 11 browser when logged in with the built-in Administrator account. Now I know you will ask "Why do you want to do this?" I have always installed all software on a PC using the Administrator account and not individual user profiles. It is really as simple as that.

Now checking the Local Security Policy I found the settings it now works again. What I also noticed that there are many parameters other parameters that are either disabled or undefined. Is there a reference document one could refer to read up on these parameters?

Geoff Daniell, Feb 1, 2016
  14. I'm not really sure why everyone is being an a$$ and not just answering the question. Not everyone needs a motive colonoscopy when asking a question.

runas /user:administrator "start microsoft-edge:"

polysulfide, Oct 19, 2016
  15. rswinuser Win User
    I just had to resolve this for the SSRS portal to add a new Data Source.
    Easiest solution: use chrome and run-as administrator.
    Worked the first time.
    Never got Edge to work.

rswinuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to launch new Microsoft Edge Browser with admin rights? - Similar Threads - launch Microsoft Edge

2. New Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Microsoft Edge browser: Since installing the new Edge browser my text size seems to have gone smaller and is fuzzy and difficult to read. I have the same problem now when I use other browsers as well as the new Edge browser. Needless to say I had no problems before installing the new browser....
  3. new edge browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new edge browser: where can i download the new microsoft browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-browser/5a51e5f6-fae5-46ff-bd65-d089589c5778
  4. the new edge browser

the new edge browser: When is the new Edge Browser coming out? I think its called Edge Chromium. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-new-edge-browser/edb59077-f0f0-4273-9882-da776bc9e220
  5. new edge browser

new edge browser: should i update to the new edge browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-browser/6713934b-dc8b-4a84-afe0-2aa9a5183822
  6. How to install PWA on the new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to install PWA on the new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Progressive Web Apps (PWA) are the next big this in the app based ecosystem across platforms. Various companies are pushing hard on their platforms to add support for Progressive Web Apps. This includes Windows 10, Android as well as iOS. [...] This post How...
  7. How to reset the new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset the new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser is not working properly, you may have to Reset the Edge browser. Maybe the browser starts slowly, is slow to respond, hangs, crashes or generally does not work efficiently as it should. In [...] This post How...
  8. How to manage Data Sync on the new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage Data Sync on the new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Four years after launching Edge browser, they Microsoft has rebuilt it on the Chromium engine. The browser seems to be smooth at working and does not show any sign on instability as of now. In fact, many have started to [...] This post How to manage Data...
  9. Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 could launch in preview soon

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 could launch in preview soon: Microsoft last year confirmed that it has decided to work on Chromium-powered Edge, the platform on which Google Chrome runs. Microsoft is expected to release first and early build of its Chromium-based browser very soon but the company hasn’t announced any ETA. Some early...
  10. Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website: Dedicated Microsoft Edge extensions page revealed early as new Redstone build nears [img] A user by the name of H0x0d on Twitter appears to have found a dedicated webpage from Microsoft asking Windows Insiders to begin testing Extensions for Microsoft Edge. The...