Windows 10: How to learn what keystroke combinations do?

Discus and support How to learn what keystroke combinations do? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HP desktop requires that the Fn key be held for the "normal" function keys to work. However, Alt + F4 (to close Windows or an active app) seems also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Grandpa Jim, Oct 6, 2019.

1. How to learn what keystroke combinations do?

My HP desktop requires that the Fn key be held for the "normal" function keys to work.
    However, Alt + F4 (to close Windows or an active app) seems also to be affected. It only works when the Fn key is held.
    Here's my problem. If I press Alt + F4 without Fn, nothing appears to happen. But I have no way of knowing what that key combination is actually doing.
    My hope is that there is some way that I can "test" all keystroke combinations to see what actions they are assigned to--and maybe even to "reassign" them.
    Is that a forlorn hope?

:)

Grandpa Jim, Oct 6, 2019

2. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from

sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs

if I persist in trying Win 10 logs off and I have to log on again.

maybe the keystroke autocompletion feature?

Need help. My Win 10 system is now unusable until I resolve this issur.

Using a second PC to enter this problem description.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks/

smartalecktexan, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Wireless Logitech Keyboard (Y-R0042) and Mouse (M185) - "keystroke combinations"

My IT person recently upgraded my system which is now (finally) Win10. A few weeks after I hooked up wireless keyboard and mouse. I was going crazy with how fast mouse was operating so I immediately decreased speed. But what is happening to me now with
    keyboard, is that, for example while typing and email, I think I must "accidentally" hit certain keystroke combinations which "SEND" my email even before I finish typing it, and I want to know if there is a setting that can delete "keystroke combinations"
    so this does not happen to me. I am not one for using "keystroke combinations" for various functions, so I would like to delete that if possible. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks Peter

PStaniscia, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

How to learn what keystroke combinations do?

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

How to learn what keystroke combinations do?

1. How to learn what keystroke combinations do? - Similar Threads - learn keystroke combinations

2. How do I remove keybinds combination?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove keybinds combination?: I have a laptop and yesterday I ve seen that keybinds S and Z are not working on there own. I need to press another key to make them work. Anyone know a solution for this?...
  3. How do I disable on screen keystrokes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable on screen keystrokes?: I’m not sure what combination of buttons were pressed by my son but I have a Corsair K65 mini keyboard for my gaming pc and he pressed some buttons now every key I press on the keyboard shows on the screen at the bottom. Looking to figure out how to disable this as it is very...
  4. How do I disable on screen keystrokes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable on screen keystrokes?: I’m not sure what combination of buttons were pressed by my son but I have a Corsair K65 mini keyboard for my gaming pc and he pressed some buttons now every key I press on the keyboard shows on the screen at the bottom. Looking to figure out how to disable this as it is very...
  5. How do I disable on screen keystrokes?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Problem with Selected Keystroke Combinations

Problem with Selected Keystroke Combinations: A few keystroke combinations that I use frequently come up on the screen in reverse: "ps" comes up "sp"; "an" comes up "na"; and "rev" comes up "ver." So far everything else is fine, but this is annoying. What can be done?...
  7. What are the language learning program for Windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are the language learning program for Windows?: I know only of Rosetta Stone, are there others? 152591
  8. [Character Map] Add Keystroke Combinations For Unassigned Symbols

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Character Map] Add Keystroke Combinations For Unassigned Symbols: Hi all, So basically i'm at a loss here. There's a couple of symbols i use quite frequently, but fall outside of the standard 255 alt code range. I've tried looking through the Character Map program, and the symbol i'm looking for doesn't have a combination. Specifically...
  9. How to learn what keystroke combinatios do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to learn what keystroke combinatios do?: My HP desktop requires that the Fn key be held for the "normal" function keys to work. However, Alt + F4 (to close Windows or an active app) seems also to be affected. It only works when the Fn key is held. Here's my problem. If I press Alt + F4 without Fn, nothing appears to...
  10. Wireless Logitech Keyboard (Y-R0042) and Mouse (M185) - "keystroke combinations"

Wireless Logitech Keyboard (Y-R0042) and Mouse (M185) - "keystroke combinations": My IT person recently upgraded my system which is now (finally) Win10. A few weeks after I hooked up wireless keyboard and mouse. I was going crazy with how fast mouse was operating so I immediately decreased speed. But what is happening to me now with keyboard, is that,...