Windows 10: How to let edge open an application without needing permission every time?

Discus and support How to let edge open an application without needing permission every time? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to not need to give permission to open the application with the pop up every time I open a pdf or torrent etc on the new edge chromium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_darzy, Jan 17, 2020.

1. /u/_darzy Win User

How to let edge open an application without needing permission every time?

Is there a way to not need to give permission to open the application with the pop up every time I open a pdf or torrent etc

on the new edge chromium Version 79.0.309.65 (Official Build) (64-bit)

submitted by /u/_darzy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_darzy, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jan 17, 2020
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jan 17, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How to let edge open an application without needing permission every time? - Similar Threads - let edge open

2. PDF opens in EDGE buf Edge Refuse to let me view it.

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF opens in EDGE buf Edge Refuse to let me view it.: The document was sent to me in an email. From what I can tell in tabbing through the open pages it looks like the pdf is inside a cluster, one pages of several. I had a similar problem a few years ago. It turned out that the pdf's were locked in an Adobe bundle. I do not...
  3. How to disable "Let Windows manage my default printer". Not every time time the user logs...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable "Let Windows manage my default printer". Not every time time the user logs...: I am a apprentice in the field of IT. I work at DTU (Denmarks Technical University). It is a quite big university, with numerous institutions. I am working in one of these institutions. All the institutions is centralized, under one head IT department, and i am working in a...
  4. Open application without admin?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open application without admin?: Im trying to open an application I downloaded in my downloads folder, I need to enter an administrator username and password, that I don't have, to run the app. Can someone help me. This needs to be done without logging onto the administrator user. (P.S I'm not trying to hack...
  5. How to avoid granting admin permission every time a standard user sign-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to avoid granting admin permission every time a standard user sign-in: Hello, We have a Windows 10 Pro machine and wonder why a standard user always need permissions from an administrator in order to sign-in? How can we avoid this annoying step? We want a standard user to sign-in without any authorization. Thanks!...
  6. Windows closes every application open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows closes every application open: When I am in the middle of using any application this message will appear at random times, it just happens randomly and I have scanned my computer multiple times with anti-virus, can somebody please help? (and also when I press cancel, it also closes everything) [ATTACH]...
  7. Accidentally made Chrome open every time I start an application

in Browsers and Email
    Accidentally made Chrome open every time I start an application: I have an indexing utility called Wilbur that I've used for years on Windows XP. I just installed it on Windows 10. When I opened it, a dialog box came up and said how do you want to open this utility. I incorrectly thought I chose Wilbur, but somehow Google Chrome was...
  8. Every time I boot the system “Edge” is default program to open pdfs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I boot the system “Edge” is default program to open pdfs: After an update days ago many configurations were changed , including the default application to open pdf files , it was changed to open with Microsoft Edge. I changed it to open with my preference , Adobe Reader. However It happens that every day I boot the system pdfs...
  9. How do you want to open this file? - Every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you want to open this file? - Every time: First, a bit of background. I scan all of my bills and papers into a jpg file, and I use MS Excel (2007) to keep an index of the image files. If I need to refer to a saved bill or document, I just click on the hyperlink in Excel, and the jpg opens in Windows Photo Viewer....
  10. Touch Screen need calibrate every time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch Screen need calibrate every time: I use Chinese Tablet Telclast Air 3G come with Windows 8.1 with Bing upgraded to Windows 10 Home Now I have problem with touch screen which I need to re-calibrate every time I turn on after turn off and charging tablet. When I turn on tablet touch screen is mess and I need...