Windows 10: How to let edge open an application without needing permission every time?

Discus and support How to let edge open an application without needing permission every time? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to not need to give permission to open the application with the pop up every time I open a pdf or torrent etc on the new edge chromium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_darzy, Jan 17, 2020.

1. /u/_darzy Win User

How to let edge open an application without needing permission every time?

Is there a way to not need to give permission to open the application with the pop up every time I open a pdf or torrent etc

on the new edge chromium Version 79.0.309.65 (Official Build) (64-bit)

submitted by /u/_darzy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_darzy, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jan 17, 2020
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jan 17, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How to let edge open an application without needing permission every time? - Similar Threads - let edge open

2. Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened: Every time I open edge it won't take more than a few minutes before it freezes windows explorer and I have to restart it every single time!I've done everything I disabled the graphic acceleration, I disabled all the bad features, I scanned for malwares but no nothing is...
  3. Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened: Every time I open edge it won't take more than a few minutes before it freezes windows explorer and I have to restart it every single time!I've done everything I disabled the graphic acceleration, I disabled all the bad features, I scanned for malwares but no nothing is...
  4. TeamViewer application downloads after I delete it every time and without my permission....

TeamViewer application downloads after I delete it every time and without my permission....: I have an issue with TeamViewer application being downloaded on my pcwindows 11 without permission and not being listed on installed apps. every time I delete the app from the folder it keeps re-downloading automatically. It down loads to appdata/Roaming every time in a...
  5. TeamViewer application downloads after I delete it every time and without my permission....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TeamViewer application downloads after I delete it every time and without my permission....: I have an issue with TeamViewer application being downloaded on my pcwindows 11 without permission and not being listed on installed apps. every time I delete the app from the folder it keeps re-downloading automatically. It down loads to appdata/Roaming every time in a...
  6. How to open .rar files in Windows sandbox without needing to install WinRAR every time?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to open .rar files in Windows sandbox without needing to install WinRAR every time?: I have some rar files that might contain malware. I want to check the contents in windows sandbox. I am pretty new to this and dont know how I can do this without needing to install winrar every time just to open the contents of a rar file....
  7. How to open .rar files in Windows sandbox without needing to install WinRAR every time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open .rar files in Windows sandbox without needing to install WinRAR every time?: I have some rar files that might contain malware. I want to check the contents in windows sandbox. I am pretty new to this and dont know how I can do this without needing to install winrar every time just to open the contents of a rar file....
  8. How to open .rar files in Windows sandbox without needing to install WinRAR every time?

9. Every time MS Edge updates, the firewall needs to ask permission again

in Browsers and Email
    Every time MS Edge updates, the firewall needs to ask permission again: hello very often when there is an update to edge, for instance there is one now from 88.0.705.50 then the Win10 firewall will ask again to authorise the access outgoing, that happens i think because the folder of the new version where Edge lives has changed, namely with the...
  10. Microsoft Edge is not letting me Modify the app, it opens every time I open my laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge is not letting me Modify the app, it opens every time I open my laptop.: I have a dell g7 7500, Chrome is my default browser but Microsoft edge launches every time I open the laptop. I tried to go to settings, then apps and modify it but once it asks if edge can make changes to my computer I click yes and it does nothing. I have tried it numerous...