Windows 10: How to let the second monitor display part of primary monitor?

Discus and support How to let the second monitor display part of primary monitor? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I was trying to play resident evil 6 splitscreen with my wife yesterday on my pc. She said she doesn't like to see the full screen and only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by coolali95, May 4, 2020.

1. coolali95 Win User

How to let the second monitor display part of primary monitor?

Hello. I was trying to play resident evil 6 splitscreen with my wife yesterday on my pc. She said she doesn't like to see the full screen and only wants to see her players screen which is the lower half. So I brought my second screen and wanted it just to magnify the lower portion of the primary screen, but windows only gives me the option to either treat the secondary monitor as an extension or to duplicate the primary monitor. How do I just initiate the second monitor to zoom in a portion of the primary monitor?

:)

coolali95, May 4, 2020

2. How to auto-hide taskbar of the second monitor keeping unhide in the primary monitor?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to auto-hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

Steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and select
    Properties.

2. In the Taskbar tab under
    Multiple displays, Uncheck the Show taskbar on all displays box.

3. Click on Apply
    and Ok.

This will display the taskbar only on the primary monitor.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, May 4, 2020
  3. One Monitor running on a 2 monitor display, cant disable the second monitor. Help?

Hi,

If you can't access the Display settings, it means that it appears on the second monitor which you don't have. This happens if Windows is not back to the primary desktop.

We found an article similar with your concern. We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided by SpiritX MS MVP on this

thread
    . It will guide you on how to disable the second display.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, May 4, 2020
  4. How to let the second monitor display part of primary monitor?

Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, May 4, 2020
Thema:

How to let the second monitor display part of primary monitor?

1. How to let the second monitor display part of primary monitor? - Similar Threads - let second monitor

2. Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor: I'm currently using an LG 34UC79G-B monitor as my primary display and a Samsung CF390 as my secondary display, running Windows 11.When the LG is utilized as the sole monitor display settings set to "Only Show on 1", the monitor works fine, brightness is great. However, when I...
  3. Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor: I'm currently using an LG 34UC79G-B monitor as my primary display and a Samsung CF390 as my secondary display.When the LG is utilized as the sole monitor display settings set to "Only Show on 1", the monitor works fine, brightness is great. However, when I switch to "Extend...
  4. My second monitor is not detecting but is mirroring my primary display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My second monitor is not detecting but is mirroring my primary display: About 10 minutes ago, both of my monitors went black and I restarted my computer which fixed the issue until I logged in and saw that my second monitor was mirroring my first. I went to the display setting to find that only one of my monitors was being detected, yet they were...
  5. Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary

Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary: I have a Lenovo i7 Desktop PC with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 PCI card with 2 DisplayPort and 1 VGA outputs. One DP output is connected to my primary monitor, a 1080p Lenovo monitor. The other DP output is connected to my 55" Samsung HDTV, also 1080p, via a DisplayPort to...
  6. Screen save on second monitor not primary?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen save on second monitor not primary?: Running Windows 10 pro latest upgrade etc... I have a main monitor that I use all the time and treat as my primary monitor. This is in front of me. My second monitor is to the LH. I use this when editing videos. The main editing screen on main monitor in front of me and...
  7. Second monitor display

Second monitor display: I bought a surface usb-c to display adapter usb-c into VGA adapter since my computer doesn't have its own VGA port and I have connected them properly but my computer says that it doesnt recognize the connection. I have no signal to my second monitor and I have no idea how to...
  8. Make secondary monitor primary from second display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make secondary monitor primary from second display?: So I'm using an egpu to play games on Windows 10. I can only see my external monitor however and my laptop screen is blank. I need to make my external monitor the primary display so I can use it, but I can't do it from the main display (laptop Screen) because it's blank....
  9. Display on Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display on Second Monitor: Hi, When I connected my laptop Windows 10 to the second display through HDMI, there is no extended or duplicate display on the second monitor. Is there anything else I have to do to make the second monitor/display working? I will appreciate advise. Thanks, Verma...
  10. 1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display: Our church wants to setup a display composed of four 20" square monitor. This will be our secondary display. Computer specs at the moment: CPU: Intel i3-3210 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 210 RAM: 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz MB: ASUS P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0 OS: Windows 10 Pro x64...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant make my 2nd monitor the primary