Windows 10: How to limit library to folder I specify?

Discus and support How to limit library to folder I specify? in Cortana to solve the problem; This is about Libraries in Win 10 but that's not an option, so I clicked "search." I have a "Shared Music" folder in the Public Share of a NAS. Other... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Kirk386, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Kirk386 Win User

How to limit library to folder I specify?

This is about Libraries in Win 10 but that's not an option, so I clicked "search."

I have a "Shared Music" folder in the Public Share of a NAS. Other folders also contain audio files as mp3 or wav etc. Win10 Library specifies only "Shared Music" but it finds and includes wav and mp3 files from other folders. How to stop this?

:)

Kirk386, Mar 10, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Mar 10, 2019
  4. HairyFool Win User

Library Folders and Onedrive

Keith

I have now done the Location Move on the folders affected

One change has shown up. Previously even though a Folder location was changed the original folder remained, you suggested deleting it after removing it from the Library. In the past I have left it where it was to allow programs that refer to the Documents
    folder via the UNC path to still have somewhere to drop files.

However after the move I found the Library now only had one path listed (in OneDrive) and it had been removed from the original location. So the result is as you suggested but I didn't have to do it.

I know there was an issue with build 1809 deleting files when it removed the folder (there were none in mine anyway) but this computer is build 1803.

HairyFool, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

1. How to limit library to folder I specify? - Similar Threads - limit library folder

2. How to limit a folder's access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to limit a folder's access?: Using icacls i want to make a folderD:\AS not be able to access anything outside it like if i have cmd open on the path of the folder i cant cd out of it or i cant list dir of d or i cant make a file outside it or a script cant do anything thats outside it...
  3. How to limit a folder's access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to limit a folder's access?: Using icacls i want to make a folderD:\AS not be able to access anything outside it like if i have cmd open on the path of the folder i cant cd out of it or i cant list dir of d or i cant make a file outside it or a script cant do anything thats outside it...
  4. Windows media player folder in library limit problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player folder in library limit problem: Hello, My name is Alex Triantafyllou and I use windows media player and in my library/music/folder i choose a folder that i would like to listen which has 5375 songs and again and again inside the folder on windows media player there is a limit to 5000 songs and i miss the...
  5. Windows media player folder in library limit problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media player folder in library limit problem: Hello, My name is Alex Triantafyllou and I use windows media player and in my library/music/folder i choose a folder that i would like to listen which has 5375 songs and again and again inside the folder on windows media player there is a limit to 5000 songs and i miss the...
  6. Windows media player folder in library limit problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Libraries folder, how to access

Libraries folder, how to access: how do I use Libraries in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/libraries-folder-how-to-access/c4cc2f90-e78a-407f-88f0-e2a511c7e18d
  8. Duplicate libraries-library folders

Duplicate libraries-library folders: I did something in Windows 10 v1909 that duplicated several library folders and their contents see below picture. I don't have duplicate folders under "Quick Access". How do I correct? Disregard the THIRD Documents folder. The only correction I could find is here and it...
  9. Libraries folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Libraries folder: Hello, in my Windows 10 pro, I have on the left pane a folder called Libraries. I would like to change the name and possibly change the ugly icon. I know I can hide it. But that wont help because I can not create a custom made folder in the left pane. Is there a way through...
  10. Libraries Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries Folders: I've never paid any attention to the Libraries. Just left them alone to their own thing. This afternoon I decided to open the folder and have a look-see. Am I supposed to have a Documents Folder Nested in another Documents Folder? [IMG] I actually have only one Documents...