Windows 10: How to Limit Most Programs to One Monitor in Multi-Monitor System

Discus and support How to Limit Most Programs to One Monitor in Multi-Monitor System in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want all programs but Photoshop to open on Monitor 2.Sometimes when I already have an application open, and open a new instance, that new instance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Compupix, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Compupix Win User

How to Limit Most Programs to One Monitor in Multi-Monitor System

I want all programs but Photoshop to open on Monitor 2.Sometimes when I already have an application open, and open a new instance, that new instance gets put on monitor 1, which is OFF. Usually using {Windows}+{right arrow} will move the application window over to the ON monitor. But, with some applications like Word, the application is waiting for input and is not responsive to the move command.Monitor 2 is set to be the primary monitor.Monitor 1 is off nearly all of the time.Still, sometimes things get put on Monitor 1 even though it's off. And sometimes the only way to move the application

:)

Compupix, Aug 17, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

multi monitors

Hi,

You may do the same way how you did on your Windows 8.1 computer.

If you face any issue , you may follow the below suggestions and check:

I suggest you update the drivers and check if it works fine.

Follow the steps below to update the drivers:

1. Press Windows key+X and select device manager.

2. Select the driver and right click on the driver and click update.

You can also try in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Make older apps or programs compatible with Windows 10

You can also check this for more information.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: Above link is also applies to Windows 10.

Yaqub K, Aug 17, 2021
  3. How to get a program to start up on monitor 2

Hello,

You may customize your display and place the icons of the programs that you like in your preferred monitor. To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and then click System.
    • Click Display and then place your programs or icons to monitor 2.
    • Click the monitor 2, put a check mark in "Make this my main display" and then click Apply.
    Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Aug 17, 2021
  4. How to Limit Most Programs to One Monitor in Multi-Monitor System

Windows 10 multi-monitor setup: how to open program in current monitor, not the last one?

Hi everyone!

There is something in Windows 10 (and 7/8 too) that bothers me too much. In my multi-monitor setup I have Windows 10 logo button (aka Start Menu button) in all monitors.

When I'm in monitor 1 and click on a Microsoft Word shortcut, for example, it opens on monitor 1.

If then I close it and reopen Microsoft Word by clicking on the same shortcut as before, but now in monitor 2, it will be opened on monitor 1 (the last monitor wherein it was closed).

Is there any way to ALWAYS open a program windows into the current monitor where the program is started (by their own .exe or shortcuts) regardless of which monitor it was closed last time? Any tricks?

Tiago J. Adami, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

How to Limit Most Programs to One Monitor in Multi-Monitor System

1. How to Limit Most Programs to One Monitor in Multi-Monitor System - Similar Threads - Limit Programs Monitor

2. dual monitor system after one monitor died

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual monitor system after one monitor died: I used to have 2 monitors; one died; when I open a program from the quick launch task bar, the program tries to open in the old monitor 2 which no longer exists; I have rebooted; I cannot get the program to move to the one and only monitor; I have tried Alt-Tab to the window...
  3. dual monitor system after one monitor died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual monitor system after one monitor died: I used to have 2 monitors; one died; when I open a program from the quick launch task bar, the program tries to open in the old monitor 2 which no longer exists; I have rebooted; I cannot get the program to move to the one and only monitor; I have tried Alt-Tab to the window...
  4. Problem with multi Monitor Setup Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with multi Monitor Setup Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager: Hi everybody, I'm at the end of my wits. I recently got a new second monitor on my system win10, NVidia Geforce 1070, 2x MSI Optix MAG27 to name the relevant pieces and now the automatic monitor detection is bugging me. ProblemWhenever I'm switching my second monitor off...
  5. External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?: I use an external monitor for my laptop, and the display is much bigger, but the resolution is limited by the laptop. All of the icons, the taskbar, and the mouse cursor are too big for the size of the monitor, it is as if I'm just using the laptop monitor. I have an NVIDIA...
  6. How can I limit a virtual desktop to one monitor

How can I limit a virtual desktop to one monitor: Hi, I have a PC running windows 10 with three monitors. I would like to run Steam VR and have all it's spawned windows display only on one Monitor #3 which is not the main monitor. However, whenever Steam launches a window based on a VR app it displays on another monitor,...
  7. After 20H2 Update one monitor not detected in multi-monitor system.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After 20H2 Update one monitor not detected in multi-monitor system.: I have an 8 monitor computer running Windows 10 Pro, four monitors are on one graphics card, two monitors are on another graphics card and two monitors are on the motherboard. It's a relatively new computer, custom built for multi-monitor setup. It was working fine, then I...
  8. Multi monitor freeze

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multi monitor freeze: Hello I have a problem with my computer I tried so many solutions on google with contacting Microsoft support and still no fix, so I ended up here to get help as you guys helped me before in the BSOD problem. My problem my mouse pointer freeze for a split second...
  9. Windows 10 multi-monitor setup: how to open program in current monitor, not the last one?

Windows 10 multi-monitor setup: how to open program in current monitor, not the last one?: Hi everyone! There is something in Windows 10 (and 7/8 too) that bothers me too much. In my multi-monitor setup I have Windows 10 logo button (aka Start Menu button) in all monitors. When I'm in monitor 1 and click on a Microsoft Word shortcut, for example, it opens on...
  10. Multi-monitor taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor taskbar: Is there a way to duplicate the taskbar to my second monitor? Right now, there are no toolbars, notification icons, search or date/clock. thanks. 10480