Windows 10: How to limit which Microsoft Accounts can login

Discus and support How to limit which Microsoft Accounts can login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Where i work at all the computers that are in use can be signed into by anybody by using our company email address's. In my department i am resonsible... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HunterDM, Dec 9, 2019.

1. HunterDM Win User

How to limit which Microsoft Accounts can login

Where i work at all the computers that are in use can be signed into by anybody by using our company email address's. In my department i am resonsible for the IT of our maintenance laptops. Is there a way to set up the laptops to where only certain predefined users can sign into them. The computers are all HP Elitebook 840 G5's that run windows 10 Enterprise. I have 3 laptops that i want to restrict access to. They are only for our electricians to be used for programming and troubleshooting. The problem is that mechanics will take them and use them and not return them to where they are supposed to be so then we have to go hunt the computers down.

:)

HunterDM, Dec 9, 2019

2. MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Dec 9, 2019
  4. How to limit which Microsoft Accounts can login

Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

How to limit which Microsoft Accounts can login

1. How to limit which Microsoft Accounts can login - Similar Threads - limit Microsoft Accounts

2. Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account login: My password to Microsoft Account is not correct when I login using a different pc. Any suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-login/712678ca-5059-47f4-8f28-b7e229bf6c60
  3. How can I tell which laptop or desktop is which in my Microsoft Account Devices list?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I tell which laptop or desktop is which in my Microsoft Account Devices list?: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/When I go into my Microsoft Account to see my laptops and DesktopsThey are listed as something like DESKTOP-QNXX8XXHow can I tell which is which?...
  4. Microsoft login account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft login account: Hi, i’m definitely hoping somebody can help me I have changed the administration and Microsoft email to a new email and every time I try to log into my computer it’s still using the old email and will not let me login if I can find a way to remove the files on my computer...
  5. Login in to Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login in to Microsoft Account: Hello. Years ago - like more than 10 - I created a personal Microsoft account for an email account I no longer have. I gave that up about 9.11 years ago. Because it's been so long since I wanted to use that, I cannot remember the password and have zero interest in...
  6. Microsoft Family Account Limits

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Account Limits: There are no limits on my son's account and he's been using his PC without issue for months, until this week. Now he keeps getting locked out of his browser and having to request more time. I've logged into the family group and all of the restrictions are turned off. Why is...
  7. Microsoft Account Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Login: I am unable to manage my microsoft account via the Settings/Accounts/Your Info. I click on "manage my microsoft account" and the dialog box just shows a spinning circle and never stops unitl i cancel it out. I can log into my account if I go via a browser so my account...
  8. How can I check which Microsoft accounts are linked to my email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I check which Microsoft accounts are linked to my email?: Recently I have received two security to my email, but the alert didn't specify which account it was. The message only showed the first to characters of said account, and I can't identify to which account they refer. I don't know if this is because of an account about which I...
  9. Can not login with Microsoft account in Edge Chromium...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not login with Microsoft account in Edge Chromium...: I installed Edge Chromium v80.0.361.66 on my windows 10 pro 1909 build 18363.719. But when I tried to add a profile in edge using my Microsoft account, I got following error in screenshot. [ATTACH] The computer is indeed on company domain but I also check followings to see...
  10. Can only login with Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can only login with Microsoft Account: I have several local accounts on my computer, but the login screen only presents my Microsoft account. There is no way to switch to one of the local accounts. Also, from within windows once logged in, I have no option to switch user when I click on my identity at the top of...