Windows 10: How to link a specific icon to a specific File type?

Discus and support How to link a specific icon to a specific File type? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What tools can be used for this purpose? (FileTypesMan, etc.) Currently there is one icon for the various File types associated with the app. Icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sad-icus, Oct 7, 2019.

1. sad-icus Win User

How to link a specific icon to a specific File type?

What tools can be used for this purpose? (FileTypesMan, etc.)

1. Currently there is one icon for the various File types associated with the app.
    2. Icons have been customized for each distinct file type for the app. (10 custom icons for each File Type)
    3. How to link the new icons to each separate file type?
      currently when this is done linking one icon to one file type, it changes the icon for ALL associated file types for the app.

I think something called MIME needs to be edited in order to make distinctions between the different file type extensions?

:)

sad-icus, Oct 7, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

setting default icon to display for specific file types with registry

How to link a specific icon to a specific File type? [​IMG]

Hi, you can see the exact location of the icon resource in the above.

You said:
    In imageres.dll (Icon group):

References in the registry occur here:

dalchina, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Berton Win User
    setting default icon to display for specific file types with registry

I just right-clicked on the Notepad icon/Tile I have Pinned on Start, chose More then Open File location, It brings up the icon in Windows Accessories then right-click and chose Change Icon which then gave me the default, only one available unless digging into other files in the Windows system.

Berton, Oct 7, 2019
  4. How to link a specific icon to a specific File type?

Cortana cannot find photo files without specific search filter

To know more about this concern, kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time you experience this problem?
    • Is this happening when searching photo files only?
    • Is there an specific type of file that Cortana cannot search?

You can also check this
    link
    for further information and troubleshooting steps.

Thank you.

Desiree Yau, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

How to link a specific icon to a specific File type?

1. How to link a specific icon to a specific File type? - Similar Threads - link specific icon

2. How to link to a specific cell in a specific worksheet in an XLSX file from another XLSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to link to a specific cell in a specific worksheet in an XLSX file from another XLSX: I have a XLSX spreadsheet that I want to create a link in to another XLSX workbook so it opens at a specific cell in a specific worksheet.I have the format of HYPERLINK that will do this. However, that uses a http:// reference. If I substitute the local drive reference where...
  3. How to link to a specific cell in a specific worksheet in an XLSX file from another XLSX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to link to a specific cell in a specific worksheet in an XLSX file from another XLSX: I have a XLSX spreadsheet that I want to create a link in to another XLSX workbook so it opens at a specific cell in a specific worksheet.I have the format of HYPERLINK that will do this. However, that uses a http:// reference. If I substitute the local drive reference where...
  4. Assign an icon to a specific file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assign an icon to a specific file: As stated in the title, I want to assign an icon to a specific file on Windows 10. It's not a shortcut, it is a file in its original directory. And I don't want to assign the same icon to all files of a specific file type, just one specific file and I want my icon to be a...
  5. Copying / moving only one specific type of file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying / moving only one specific type of file: Hi! First of all, thank you for even taking the time to read this. TL:DR - How do I, in a large folder with ~200 more folders, select one type of file? To move on to my 'issue' right away; I have one large folder that consists of ~200 more folders. Each of those folders has...
  6. Question about autodownloading specific file types to specific folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about autodownloading specific file types to specific folders: I download videos from online and images and also free ebooks from places other then just amazon. So here is what I want to know. If all the videos I download are .MP4 can I have them automatically download into a specific folder inside downloads. And do the same for other...
  7. How to search for files matching a specific icon overlay

in Windows 10 Support
    How to search for files matching a specific icon overlay: Running W10 64 1903 I'm using QNAP's qsync which uses icon overlays in Windows Explorer. My question isn't really specific to qsync but to any app that uses icon overlays: How can I search for/locate all files that have a specific icon overlay? I'm not necessarily looking...
  8. Show specific info on specific files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Show specific info on specific files.: Hi Everybody. Can someone help me? I'd love to have my windows 10 to show Exposion, ISO, F-stop, Shutter, every tom I open a picture in a folder. How can I set this for all folders, so I do not have to do it every time I open a new folder with pictures? All the best....
  9. setting default icon to display for specific file types with registry

in Windows 10 Support
    setting default icon to display for specific file types with registry: Something in Windows 10 or another program has created an issue that I cannot find any way to fix. I tried the normal things for setting the default program. Both by using properties on the files as well as using the Windows Default App settings in every combination i can...
  10. How can you change icons for a specific file type?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can you change icons for a specific file type?: Hi there! I used many different file types each day, specially those related to image editors. I have many .psd and .ai files (documents for Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator). However, since I use other programs (GIMP and Inkscape), these files look pretty ugly. They are a...