Windows 10: How to link App to launch using device quick keys? IE Wacom Logitech

Discus and support How to link App to launch using device quick keys? IE Wacom Logitech in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Wacom device that lets me assign files to shortcut keys, but I'm trying to assign one of the keys to launch an App (not a standard program)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by varxtis, Mar 28, 2020.

1. varxtis Win User

How to link App to launch using device quick keys? IE Wacom Logitech

I have a Wacom device that lets me assign files to shortcut keys, but I'm trying to assign one of the keys to launch an App (not a standard program) and can't seem to figure it out. Apps don't all seem run from just a straight "Executable" file. I mean I'm able to find the executable for the apps by going through Task Manger > "Go to Details" (of selected running app) > "Open file location". However, some apps won't run just by double clicking the *.exe file. Some do, like the iTunes app, but others just respond with errors popping up about missing DLL files, and the like, even though they run perfectly fine when run through the start menu.
    Id just try assigning a shortcut file for the app, but I can't even make shortcuts for apps that are installed from Microsoft app store.
    Does anyone know how to locate or create a single file that will launch an app and can be assigned to a Wacom device, or other devices with customizable quick-keys?

Win 10 vers 1909 (build 18363.720

:)

varxtis, Mar 28, 2020

2. Quick Launch Tool Bar

Hi Seawell,

To get the Quick Launch toolbar back to your task bar, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the task bar.
    • Select Toolbars> New Toolbar.
    • Type C:\Users\(PRESENT ADMINISTRATOR)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
    • Click Select folder.

Regarding your concern with pining apps to task bar, let us ask a few questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to pin programs to task bar? Are you getting any error messages?
    • Does this issue occur on all apps you try to pin?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer settings prior to the issue?

Try
    starting your computer in safe mode
    and check if you'll be able to pin the program there.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Using my Wacom Tablet on Windows 10

Hello Hayley,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that Windows is unable to configure the drivers for Wacom driver.

I would suggest you to start afresh with the installation of the Wacom driver. Follow the below steps.

Step 1

Clean the temp folder to delete temporary files that are automatically created during the installation or uninstallation of any software application.

• Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to initialize the
      Run command box.
    • In the available field in the Run command box, type %TEMP% and press
      Enter.
    • On the opened Temp folder, press Ctrl + A keys simultaneously to select all the contents of the folder and press delete key on the keyboard.

Note: In case the operating system displays a message saying that any particular object cannot be deleted, skip the object from the deletion process and allow the windows to continue deleting the other contents of the folder.
    • Once the TEMP folder is emptied, restart the computer to allow the changes to take effect.
    Step 2

If you have the installation package for the Wacom driver, install the driver in compatibility mode. Please follow the below steps.

• Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

• Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please get back to us with the results and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Jess Bor Win User

Wacom driver error 10 on Lenovo Miix 510

Hi Derek,

We appreciate you posting your concern here in the Community forum. In order to help you with your Wacom driver issue, kindly follow the steps suggested below:

1. Click the Start button from the bottom left portion of the screen.
    2. Once the search field appear, type Services and press
      Enter
    3. In the Services window, scroll down to Wacom Professional Service.
    4. Right-click the Wacom Professional Service and choose
      Start

If the steps above doesn't help, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the Wacom driver without turning off or disabling the Windows firewall. You may also choose to rollback the Wacom driver if it is working correctly before. Use the following steps:

1. Press Windows + R on your keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    3. Expand the category you want and right click on the driver and select
      Properties
    4. Navigate to Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.

Let us know the result by replying to this thread.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

1. How to link App to launch using device quick keys? IE Wacom Logitech - Similar Threads - link App launch

2. How to disable windows pinned taskbar quick launch keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows pinned taskbar quick launch keys: How do I disable windows quick launching pinned taskbar programs with W+1. W+2 hotkeys etc, I dont want to disable other windows hotkeys, just the quicklaunching of my pinned applications....
  3. How to disable windows pinned taskbar quick launch keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable windows pinned taskbar quick launch keys: How do I disable windows quick launching pinned taskbar programs with W+1. W+2 hotkeys etc, I dont want to disable other windows hotkeys, just the quicklaunching of my pinned applications....
  4. Use Phone Link App with an iOS device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Phone Link App with an iOS device: Microsoft recently announced upcoming support for iOS devices in the Phone link app. Earlier, only Android phones were supported. Correspondingly, this article explains using the Phone link app in case you use an Apple iPhone or an iPad.Prerequisites for Phone Link appA PC...
  5. Use Phone Link App with an iOS device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use Phone Link App with an iOS device: Microsoft recently announced upcoming support for iOS devices in the Phone link app. Earlier, only Android phones were supported. Correspondingly, this article explains using the Phone link app in case you use an Apple iPhone or an iPad.Prerequisites for Phone Link appA PC...
  6. Wacom - no device connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wacom - no device connected: This is a common problem and trust me, I have read and tried every 'solution' out there.Wacom even replaced the 2018 Cintiq pro 24 with a refurbed 2020 model, still wont connect. The original device connected fine for over 2 years to the same laptop until Feb 2020. Then one...
  7. Quick Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Launch: I have used the Quick Launch Bar since its inception and never had a problem with it. However, for the past couple or three days when I click on one of my app icons, I have to double click or it won't open. Anyone having a problem with this? If so, were you able to fix it?...
  8. How to create a shortcut key to launch Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create a shortcut key to launch Device Manager?: Hello MSAnswers, please could someone tell me how to: -Create a desktop shortcut that, when double clicked, will launch W10's Device Manager? -Do exactly the same as above, but do this when I press a function key, eg F1. Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate it!...
  9. Adding IE in the Quick Launch area?

in Browsers and Email
    Adding IE in the Quick Launch area?: I have added the Quick Launch to my Taskbar and now I cannot figure out a way to add Internet Explorer to the Quick Launch area. I know how to Pin to Taskbar, but that's the way I really want it to be. I rather have it in the Quick Launch area instead. I tried dragging it...
  10. quick launch: how to reorder icons

in Windows 10 Support
    quick launch: how to reorder icons: I have installed Quick Launch on my Windows 10 task bar. It works ! However, I would like to reorder the icons in a way that makes sense to me. The only reordering I have been able to discover so far is to move an icon to the end of the list. Is there a way to directly...