Windows 10: How to Link Credit card or Debit card to Microsoft account.

Discus and support How to Link Credit card or Debit card to Microsoft account. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello! I live in Kyrgyzstan and I wanted to add a card to my account to make a purchase from the store, however it does not accept it and tells me... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Batyr-ZhantaiNarbekov, Dec 18, 2018.

1. How to Link Credit card or Debit card to Microsoft account.

Hello!

I live in Kyrgyzstan and I wanted to add a card to my account to make a purchase from the store, however it does not accept it and tells me that I put the wrong address in even though it is my actual address that my card tied to.

:)

Batyr-ZhantaiNarbekov, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Sam P. Win User

Changing the credit card option to Debit

Hi fredrikaanimashaun,

Thank you for your contribution to the forums. When it comes to adding a payment method to your account, the credit card option can actually also be used for debit cards - essentially you'll be using your debit card as a credit card, like you would with
    any other online purchase.

Regards,

Sam P., Dec 18, 2018
  3. can i use debit card instead of credit card for buying games in store

So I am not sure about this but I believe that if you set up a new payment option and choose credit card (assuming debit card is not an option) and input all the information it should work. Make sure the following is true:

• your debit card must have either the Visa or MasterCard logo on.
    • Your debit card cannot have restrictions on subscription-based internet purchases. If you are not sure whether your debit card has restrictions on subscription-based Internet purchases, contact the financial institution that issued the debit card.
    • You must have more than one dollar in your debit card account.
    Give it a try and see if it works ...

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Cr00zng Win User

How to Link Credit card or Debit card to Microsoft account.

Newegg customers may have had their credit card information stolen

Yes, credit cards are risky to use on the web, but the ATM debit cards are much worse since the ATM debit cards are directly tied to people's checking account.

If and when a purchase made on/offline, an ACH debit transaction is issued against the credit/debit cards. In case of the fraudulent charges, the buyer can dispute the charges in both type cards. In case of the credit card, the buyer don't have to pay the fraudulent charges, until the dispute is settled.

With ATM debit card, the buyer can also dispute fraudulent charges, but charged amount in question will not be returned to the checking account until the dispute is settled. In another word, the money could be gone from the checking account for 1-3 month.

Some of my friends and one family member who went through the painful process of disputing ATM debit card charges. In some of these cases, the checking accounts had been emptied that caused these people financial hardship. Needless to say that these people no longer have ATM debit cards....

Cr00zng, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

How to Link Credit card or Debit card to Microsoft account.

1. How to Link Credit card or Debit card to Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - Link Credit card

2. PAYMENT OPTION - ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAYMENT OPTION - ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD: I can't add a payment method with BCA Bank Central Asia debit card, the issue I'm facing is with the cardholder name. I'm from Indonesia, please help me...
  3. PAYMENT OPTION - ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PAYMENT OPTION - ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD: I can't add a payment method with BCA Bank Central Asia debit card, the issue I'm facing is with the cardholder name. I'm from Indonesia, please help me...
  4. Credit/Debit card info being rejected by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Credit/Debit card info being rejected by Microsoft: MS has my very old credit/debit card info. I do use those cards any longer. I tried to input new cards info, but MS says info is wrong. What can I do?...
  5. Credit/Debit card info being rejected by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credit/Debit card info being rejected by Microsoft: MS has my very old credit/debit card info. I do use those cards any longer. I tried to input new cards info, but MS says info is wrong. What can I do?...
  6. Credit/Debit card info being rejected by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Credit card/ Debit card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Credit card/ Debit card: How do I use a Visa gift card on microscoft, it keeps saying my information is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credit-card-debit-card/6170f16b-5c0d-45c2-9919-47defca1a6fc
  8. How to add a PayPal Account in Microsoft Store without Debit or Credit Card

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to add a PayPal Account in Microsoft Store without Debit or Credit Card: First of all i don't have a Debit Card or Credit Card and i just want to pay on PayPal Wallet like i'm Buying Minecraft Windows 10 Edition that's all...
  9. Acceptance of Indian Debit or Credit cards?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acceptance of Indian Debit or Credit cards?: Will microsoft allows Indian Debit Cards to buy such products in Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acceptance-of-indian-debit-or-credit-cards/12b3ef28-302b-4f5a-a98f-5aa32ce452a2
  10. Does it take a card as in debit or credit to redeem a gift card

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Does it take a card as in debit or credit to redeem a gift card: I'm worried just incase I get one cause I don't have debit or credit so I was gonna cheat the system and get one put in the code and get the money on my account...