Windows 10: How to list folder properties using Powershell

Discus and support How to list folder properties using Powershell in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have this bit of Powershell code that will list all the folder property friendly names, but I can't figure out how to get a list with the associated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LesFerch, May 11, 2021.

1. LesFerch Win User

How to list folder properties using Powershell

I have this bit of Powershell code that will list all the folder property friendly names, but I can't figure out how to get a list with the associated system properties. Code: $Folder = (New-Object -ComObject Shell.Application).NameSpace("C:\") 0..400 | ForEach { If ($DataValue = $Folder.GetDetailsOf($null, $_)) { Write-Output "$DataValue" } } The code above outputs a list like this: Code: Name Size Item type Type Date modified Date created Date accessed Attributes Owner Folder path ... I want to get a list like this: Code: System.ItemNameDisplay, Name System.Size, Size System.ItemType, Item type System.ItemTypeText, Type System.DateModified, Date modified System.DateCreated, Date created System.DateAccessed, Date accessed System.FileAttributes, Attributes System.FileOwner, Owner System.ItemFolderPathDisplay, Folder path ... Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

LesFerch, May 11, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 11, 2021
  3. KeithM Win User
    How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

KeithM, May 11, 2021
  4. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 11, 2021
Thema:

1. How to list folder properties using Powershell - Similar Threads - list folder properties

2. How to list folder properties using Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    How to list folder properties using Powershell: I have this bit of Powershell code that will list all the folder property friendly names, but I can't figure out how to get a list with the associated system properties. Code: $Folder = (New-Object -ComObject Shell.Application).NameSpace("C:\") 0..400 | ForEach { If...
  3. Deleting multiple items from a list, using Powershell?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting multiple items from a list, using Powershell?: Okay, so I have some files which have multiple hard links each. If I wanted to get rid of them permanently, I'd have to not only delete the original filename, but all of its hard linked filenames too. So I know how to obtain all of these hard links, I can use the fsutil...
  4. How to list computer BIOS settings using the GetBIOS PowerShell module

in Windows 10 News
    How to list computer BIOS settings using the GetBIOS PowerShell module: [ATTACH]With a PowerShell module dubbed GetBIOS, you can list settings from different BIOS manufacturers […] This article How to list computer BIOS settings using the GetBIOS PowerShell module first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Properties: I'm unable to change the properties on any of my folders within Windows 10. As an example I have hundreds of music folders so I'd like to optimise them for Music, but can't change them from the 'General' default. This must have been triggered by an update at some point as I...
  6. Adding a language from the language list using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a language from the language list using PowerShell: Hello everyone! I have this problem, I'm learning PowerShell at school and we had to use PowerShell to add a language to our computers. I wrote the code, but I only understood how to replace the language, so I had my keyboard layout in Russian and I replaced it to English,...
  7. How to delete files and folders using Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete files and folders using Windows PowerShell: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are unable to delete a file or folder from your computer, you can use Windows PowerShell to delete any file and folder effortlessly. The advantage of using PowerShell is that you can force delete a file and remove [...] This post How to delete files...
  8. Folder size in disk properties and folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder size in disk properties and folder properties: I've just moved data from three HDs to one 8Tb hard drive. Everything is there, but the folder size reporting is weird, just weird. See attached...single top level folder is reported as 465Gb - folders within that are larger are reported as such (see pic 5 of 5 in the zip). I...
  9. How to Use the Compress Opt in Properties of a File or Folder via cmd?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Use the Compress Opt in Properties of a File or Folder via cmd?: Yeah i've been using this trick to save my Dish Space and how Helpful it is... *Smile But i need a alternate way so that i don't have to manually do this. [img] I just need a way to apply this to certain folder using Command Prompt (cmd.exe). Thanks 56800
  10. Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Properties: Hello, On my pc I have many music files, located in different folders. When I open a new folder and populate it with audio files, immediately in the upper bar are descriptions as on attached screenshot. Even when I change the folder's properties from "music" to "General",...