Windows 10: How to listen to Microphone through a Playback Device on Windows 10

Discus and support How to listen to Microphone through a Playback Device on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 allows PC users to listen to a portable music player or other device connected to the microphone jack through a selected playback device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 15, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to listen to Microphone through a Playback Device on Windows 10

Windows 10 allows PC users to listen to a portable music player or other device connected to the microphone jack through a selected playback device such as your computer speakers or headphone. In this post, we will show you how to listen to microphone through a Playback Device on Windows 10. Listen to Microphone through […]

This article How to listen to Microphone through a Playback Device on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Having to unplug microphone to hear playback.

Hi Mark,

There are several audio inputs on your PC depending on your motherboard. It is possible that you are plugging your
    microphone in the jack which supports audio in and audio out (same as phone jacks) and is set as your playback device. When this happens, you will not hear the audio out because the audio signal is sent into the microphone. Simply unplug your
    microphone and move it to the microphone jack and you will be able to hear the playback sound.

How to listen to Microphone through a Playback Device on Windows 10 44720e62-c33b-4f4d-b705-c801612e7c5e.png

If you are sure that your microphone is connected to the microphone jack, it is possible that your playback device is being disabled by your microphone. To enable/change your playback device, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Volume icon on the lower-left corner of your screen.
    • Click Playback devices, right-click your speaker (or any preferred playback device), and click Enable.

Note: If you cannot see your preferred playback device, right-click on your current playback device and click
      Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Microphone playback delay

Hi, I just bought a new USB microphone for my windows 10 PC. It works fine, however, I'd like to listen to myself while I record. I've followed all the steps to listen to the microphone, but there's a pretty noticeable delay in the audio. How do I fix
    the delay? There's also no "levels" for the device I'm listening to it on. ( Gaming Headset)

Devany.Porter, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Jacques Win User

'Listen to device' not changing to default playback device

I have just done a windows update from Windows 10 1803 to 1909 and my audio input which should playback through the default playback device no longer automatically adapts to a change in default playback device. For example if I change the default playback device from Speakers to Headset, the input still plays through Speakers, until I manually go to the settings and Uncheck/recheck listen to this device, or disable/re-enable the input device, then it will play through the headset.

Is there any way to make the "Listen to this device" option always playback through the default playback device, or any way I could programmatically disable/re-enable the audio input so that it would start playing through the correct playback device?

(Picture shows the settings on the Listen tab for my audio input)
    https://i.stack.imgur.com/coZ9f.png

Jacques, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. How to listen to Microphone through a Playback Device on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - listen Microphone through

2. How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...: My mic is Maono DM20. It doesnt playback on my speaker but when i connect my earphones to my mic, I end up hearing myself. I've already done all the suggested solutions online but none has worked....
  3. How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...: My mic is Maono DM20. It doesnt playback on my speaker but when i connect my earphones to my mic, I end up hearing myself. I've already done all the suggested solutions online but none has worked....
  4. How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio playback through headset microphone

Audio playback through headset microphone: Hi there, so to elaborate a little if any sound comes from an app my headset will show that it is transmitting sound through the "headphones" function designed for speakers. but somehow, this sound is also being played through my microphone somehow. Uninstalling the driver...
  6. How do I get the option of listening to my microphone through my playback properies and not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get the option of listening to my microphone through my playback properies and not...: I no longer have the option, nor do i have the option of rollback device. To clarify, I'm able to hit the checkmark of "listen to this device" in my microphome properies, but the option is not their on my headphones and speaker properties, this is important to me cause i need...
  7. Cannot listen to a microphone through a recording device after Windows 10 update

Cannot listen to a microphone through a recording device after Windows 10 update: Hello, after the latest Windows 10 update I've been having some issues with my microphone and making it listen to another recording device. Only playback devices show up in the "playback through this device", while before the update I could pick and choose between both...
  8. listening to my mic through playback settings

listening to my mic through playback settings: so the main objective is to listen to my microphone without a delay, when i do it through the mic settings - there is a lag - and when i try under the playback - the option is just not there. what do i do?...
  9. unable to listen to device through playback settings

unable to listen to device through playback settings: So about a month ago i updated my sound drivers - and ever since then i have been unable to listen to my mic through the playback settings, i can listen to it through the record/mic settings but then there is a lag. I can't even back up to the point prior the update. How can...
  10. Listen to Microphone through a Playback Device in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Listen to Microphone through a Playback Device in Windows: How to: Listen to Microphone through a Playback Device in Windows How to Listen to Microphone through a Playback Device in Windows If you like, you can listen to your microphone through a selected playback device such as your computer speakers or headphone. You can...