Windows 10: How to locate this suspicious program?

Discus and support How to locate this suspicious program? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I found a suspicious program under Task Manager/Startup. Its name is "Program"; its icon is a rectangle with a folded upper right hand corner, just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yky378, Jun 22, 2020.

1. yky378 Win User

How to locate this suspicious program?

I found a suspicious program under Task Manager/Startup. Its name is "Program"; its icon is a rectangle with a folded upper right hand corner, just like that of a generic .txt file except there is no horizontal lines in it; its publisher is blank. How do I find out the location of this program? I most likely will delete it.

:)

yky378, Jun 22, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

How can you locate it?

You should be able to see a path as this example:

How to locate this suspicious program? [​IMG]

Once you know what it is, then decide how to deal with it.

More: try Autoruns, free from MS.

dalchina, Jun 22, 2020
  3. yky378 Win User

I found a suspicious program under Task Manager/Startup. Its name is "Program"; its icon is a rectangle with a folded upper right hand corner, just like that of a generic .txt file except there is no horizontal lines in it; its publisher is blank. How do I find out the location of this program? I most likely will delete it.

yky378, Jun 22, 2020
  4. How to locate this suspicious program?

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

1. How to locate this suspicious program? - Similar Threads - locate suspicious program

2. Extremely suspicious Startup Program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Extremely suspicious Startup Program: So I opened task manager and found something extremely suspicious when looking at Startups.2 Programs that i instantly disabled after seeing:"93fea261-8803-4534-a319-9d787a1696a8""5"What can they be? Can I do something about it? In the Screenshot provided below you can see...
  3. Very suspicious program

Very suspicious program: For about a year and half, There's been this program that only shows on task manager, and you cannot quit. On task manager, it shows up as "MediumBlueIT" and when i expand it, it shows an exe called "OakomsOystershadePIn addition, there is absolutely NOTHING relating to this...
  4. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86: Hi, I found a folder in my Program Files x86 folder called MonthPigana. The only thing it contains is a .exe file called MonthPigana.exe. There seems to be nothing else I can find on my pc related to this program, nor could I find any information about it on the internet. I...
  5. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86: Hi, I found a folder in my Program Files x86 folder called MonthPigana. The only thing it contains is a .exe file called MonthPigana.exe. There seems to be nothing else I can find on my pc related to this program, nor could I find any information about it on the internet. I...
  6. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to change the writing location for programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the writing location for programs: I am trying to save space for my steam games and I was doing a routine clean up when I noticed that in my hard drive E, there were programs saving and installing there. I intentionally do not install programs there and never save data there other than steam games. What...
  8. suspicious program with microsoft signature

suspicious program with microsoft signature: can you please check this setup and tell me if it's dangerous when i click on it dose not provide any information just that is it from microsoft and windows defender dose not give any hint about it so please tell me if it;s dangerous and how to remove it...
  9. Unidentified Suspicious Program

Unidentified Suspicious Program: Hi, I was recently updating my start-up apps and came across an unidentified program simply labeled "Program". I immediately turned it off. Any suggestions as to how I can investigate this "program"? Typing Program in the search bar yields too many results. Could not find...
  10. Suspicious program

Suspicious program: Attempting to open a .png file in Windows 10. the list of possible apps appears with the "Open With" option but one of the programs has the name "%1" which seems like an illegal name to me. Could this be malicious software?...