Windows 10: How to lock desktop icons in place?

Discus and support How to lock desktop icons in place? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All I found so far by Googling was that one should set 'arrange icons to a grid', or similar. That option is already enabled. In fact, the only icon I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by martinlest, Oct 14, 2018.

1. How to lock desktop icons in place?

All I found so far by Googling was that one should set 'arrange icons to a grid', or similar. That option is already enabled. In fact, the only icon I have on my Windows 10 desktop is the Recycle Bin, but any time other icons or folders are placed there temporarily, it is shifted around and is no longer where I want it, in the top left-hand corner, when the other items are deleted after use.

Is there a way to lock the Recycle Bin icon where I put it, so that it doesn't keep getting pushed around like this?

Thanks.

:)

martinlest, Oct 14, 2018
  2. koolking Win User

lock Win 10 desktop icons in place

Hello,

I need to lock my icons in place but can't find where to do that. I followed the instructions in your knowledge base but there was no option available as described. Here is what I tried:

• Right Click on desktop screen.

• Place the cursor on View.

• In drop down menu, select auto align and check.
    There was no "auto align" option available. I tried "auto arrange" and that shifted all my icons to the left side of the screen. I need to lock them in place where I put them.

How can I do that?

TIA,

kk

koolking, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Locking/pinning Windows 10 desktop icons in place

This made them "auto arrange". It was backwards from what I wanted to do (really!). We want to LOCK our icons in the place WE WANT THEM. Please tell us how to do that and KEEP them WHERE WE WANT THEM. Thanks

Senterlane, Oct 14, 2018
  4. How to lock desktop icons in place?

Desktop Icons Locked in place

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and all my desktop icons are locked in place & I cannot move them. How do I go about unlocking them so I can arrange the icons?

MattFrysztak, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

How to lock desktop icons in place?

1. How to lock desktop icons in place? - Similar Threads - lock desktop icons

2. How to place an icon on desktop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to place an icon on desktop in Windows 11: Want to be able to go directly to that site.I use the Chrome Browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-place-an-icon-on-desktop-in-windows-11/79ae5e41-fcbc-45d3-91af-a842eddcc1ea
  3. How to place an icon on desktop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to place an icon on desktop in Windows 11: Want to be able to go directly to that site.I use the Chrome Browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-place-an-icon-on-desktop-in-windows-11/79ae5e41-fcbc-45d3-91af-a842eddcc1ea
  4. Is there a way to lock the icons in place on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to lock the icons in place on the desktop?: I have a user with hand tremors and they inadvertently move icons on the desktop. Is there a way to lock down the desktop layout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-lock-the-icons-in-place-on-the/38f7ed42-0479-4e53-9f31-d0f9bd95de0d
  5. How to lock icons in place on the desktop WIN10

How to lock icons in place on the desktop WIN10: everytime i arrange my desktop windows decides to rearrange it How to lock icons in place on the desktop WIN10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-lock-icons-in-place-on-the-desktop-win10/b7430678-706a-4de4-951c-6eb323f34aac
  6. Desktop icons switched places

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons switched places: so for some reason my desktop icons just switched places and now there is a vertical space on the bottom of my screen I can't pace anything in (and no it's not my taskbar ;) ). Ow and one more thing, the browser shortcuts like Spotify.com .... well fsr the icons just shrank...
  7. Desktop Icons Won't Lock in Place

Desktop Icons Won't Lock in Place: Why won't my desktop icons stay locked in place? They scramble when I restart my computer and I cannot find what I am looking for so I have to re-organize the Icons almost daily. I have followed Help tips for this issue by Microsoft and still doesn't fix problem. Thank...
  8. How to lock desktop icons?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to lock desktop icons?: I work in the educational institution and we have 30 computers in the network. I am trying to find a way to lock the icons on the desktops so that my students won’t be able to move them. I am aware of Auto Arrange and Align Icons to Grid but don’t think they are suitable for...
  9. lock windows 10 desktop icons in place

lock windows 10 desktop icons in place: lock windows 10 desktop icons in place https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-windows-10-desktop-icons-in-place/07d31507-3d80-409a-a4fd-72062bb74176
  10. Locking Icons Into Place

Locking Icons Into Place: Hello Community, I'm a computer teacher at a private elementary school, and I have students who move icons around, delete some, or add others. Most of the time it's harmless, however, it can slow down class when the next student to use one of those computers can't find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to lock desktop icons in place

2. how to lock desktop icons windows 10

3. how to lock icons on desktop windows 10

4. lock desktop icons windows 10