Windows 10: how to lock folder with password

Discus and support how to lock folder with password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ho to lock files, folder in win 10 laptop with password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RushikeshKshirsagar, Jan 29, 2019.

1. how to lock folder with password

ho to lock files, folder in win 10 laptop with password

:)

RushikeshKshirsagar, Jan 29, 2019

2. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

Lost my files in Folder Lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Jan 29, 2019
  3. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 29, 2019
  4. how to lock folder with password

Free Folder Lock?

Is there a free Folder Lock?

I know that windows has feature that can make your folders invisible but it dont lock right?

I am seeking a program that lock folder and make it invisible but free. is there exist? or only the pay ones?

HiddenStupid, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

how to lock folder with password

1. how to lock folder with password - Similar Threads - lock folder password

2. How to lock folders position?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock folders position?: I would like to have some folders opening in the same position and in the same size. How to make windows remember my preferences so that not to have to fix them every time I open them?...
  3. How to lock folders position?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to lock folders position?: I would like to have some folders opening in the same position and in the same size. How to make windows remember my preferences so that not to have to fix them every time I open them?...
  4. How to Lock Folder in Windows 11 with Password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Lock Folder in Windows 11 with Password?: I am seeking guidance on how to effectively lock folder in Windows 11 with password to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of my stored files. Despite my efforts in exploring different methods, including the utilization of third-party software, I have been unable to find a...
  5. How to Lock Folder in Windows 11 with Password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Lock Folder in Windows 11 with Password?: I am seeking guidance on how to effectively lock folder in Windows 11 with password to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of my stored files. Despite my efforts in exploring different methods, including the utilization of third-party software, I have been unable to find a...
  6. How do I lock a folder with password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I lock a folder with password?: I have Windows 10 Home. I am not able to lock some of my important folders? What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-lock-a-folder-with-password/ad2f1077-512c-4dec-99d1-e9f8ab55a995
  7. How To Password Protect A Folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Password Protect A Folder?: Hey, so I have been trying to find a way to password protect a folder, for various sets of reasons, and it's a bit weird that this isn't a thing. I have been on multiple different websites and videos, but all they do is give you a .bat file that just hides the folder. This...
  8. How to add password to a folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add password to a folder?: I'm trying to add a password, not to encrypt it, to a Microsoft folder I created, with many files in it. I know I can easily add a password to an actual file. Any help as I can't seem to be able to accomplish this very simple task. thanks so much. ***Modified title...
  9. how to unlock locked folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to unlock locked folder?: I made some mistake with Security Properties with one of my folders. The result: I can not open the folder: "You must have Read permission to to view the properties of this object" is the message I got. How can I restore the situation? Thanks in advance. Sincerely -...
  10. how to remove the password lock

in Windows 10 Support
    how to remove the password lock: It makes me use the password if it sets for 2-3 min. it makes me reopen with my password. how can I change it 8530