Windows 10: How to lock icons in desktop in WIN10

Discus and support How to lock icons in desktop in WIN10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to lock the icons in my desktop so that other users can't add or remove icons.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RalpVill28, Apr 29, 2019.

1. How to lock icons in desktop in WIN10

I want to lock the icons in my desktop so that other users can't add or remove icons.

:)

RalpVill28, Apr 29, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Tina-V Win User
    How to lock icons in place on the desktop WIN10

How do I lock icons in place (as I want) on the desktop of windows 10? All of a sudden I have to rearrange all icons after every restart what it's quite annoying. Plus win10 changed the language of my keyboard option.

Tina-V, Apr 29, 2019
  4. How to lock icons in desktop in WIN10

How to lock desktop icons in place?

You can't lock desktop icons. But, as Steve suggests, you can record their positions ... and, if icons get moved, you can restore them to their saved positions.

margrave55, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

How to lock icons in desktop in WIN10

1. How to lock icons in desktop in WIN10 - Similar Threads - lock icons desktop

2. desktop lock icon on apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop lock icon on apps: I recently saw this icon overlaying several but not all apps on my desktop.What does it mean and how can I delete them?Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-lock-icon-on-apps/221a2d09-63a6-4501-9922-fc68f0138ec0
  3. desktop lock icon on apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop lock icon on apps: I recently saw this icon overlaying several but not all apps on my desktop.What does it mean and how can I delete them?Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-lock-icon-on-apps/221a2d09-63a6-4501-9922-fc68f0138ec0
  4. desktop lock icon on apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to lock icons in place on the desktop WIN10

How to lock icons in place on the desktop WIN10: everytime i arrange my desktop windows decides to rearrange it How to lock icons in place on the desktop WIN10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-lock-icons-in-place-on-the-desktop-win10/b7430678-706a-4de4-951c-6eb323f34aac
  6. How to lock desktop icons size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to lock desktop icons size?: Hi! I love the desktop icons when they have the size I give them. Sometimes, switching between virtual desktops, it happens the icons change their size. How can I lock the size? submitted by /u/Azzooa [link] [comments]...
  7. Desktop icon locking app

Desktop icon locking app: I am looking for a program that will lock my icons on the desktop positions I put them in and I read about a program calledDesklock but I can't find any place to get it. Is this program any good and where can I find it. IfDesklock is no longer available can anyone else...
  8. How to lock desktop icons?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to lock desktop icons?: I work in the educational institution and we have 30 computers in the network. I am trying to find a way to lock the icons on the desktops so that my students won’t be able to move them. I am aware of Auto Arrange and Align Icons to Grid but don’t think they are suitable for...
  9. How to lock desktop icons in place?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to lock desktop icons in place?: All I found so far by Googling was that one should set 'arrange icons to a grid', or similar. That option is already enabled. In fact, the only icon I have on my Windows 10 desktop is the Recycle Bin, but any time other icons or folders are placed there temporarily, it is...
  10. Lock desktop icons positions?

Lock desktop icons positions?: I occasionally move the mouse pointer across the desktop and inadvertently drag icons to new positions. Is there a command or a feature that locks the desktop icons in place and can snap them back into position when this occurs? 86732

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unlock icons windows 10

2. LOCK TO GRID WIN 10

3. desktop settings lock icons in place

4. how to lock icons on desktop windows 10,
  5. lock icons on desktop,
  6. lock desktop icons on desktop,
  7. how to lock desktop icons into place on Win10,
  8. windows 10 unlock icons on desktop