Windows 10: How to Lock Laptop Keyboard? (Just the keyboard.) - Win10

Discus and support How to Lock Laptop Keyboard? (Just the keyboard.) - Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way, without a brand X app, to lock the keyboard of a laptop? I want to have my laptop playing a video in a pubic place where I fear someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bob12603, Nov 1, 2019.

1. bob12603 Win User

How to Lock Laptop Keyboard? (Just the keyboard.) - Win10

Is there a way, without a brand X app, to lock the keyboard of a laptop? I want to have my laptop playing a video in a pubic place where I fear someone might accidentally or intentionally mess with the keyboard and interfere with the video. I've searched and researched but the few hits which relate to what I want to do don't seem to apply to my release/configuation.

I wouldn't mind an app except that most apps seem to come with badware. Looked at the Windows app store but didn't find anything.

Thanks for whatever help you can offer.

Bob

:)

bob12603, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 1, 2019
  4. JoeKall Win User

Keyboard issue with Win10 update

I was never able to install the updated driver using the compatibility mode because the directions I was given to enter the compatibility mode did NOT work as I stated in my previous response.

The issue I am having is with the built-in keyboard on my Gateway model NV55 laptop. This built-in keyboard works fine with Win7; I updated to Win10 it quits working. I've looked over the compatibility lists and Gateway is not listed on there. The incompatibility
    hardware scan programs did NOT detect any problems every time the engineers tried running it and every time I ran it. A USB plugin keyboard works fine with the Win10 update on my LAPTOP but I am NOT carrying a KEYBOARD around with me just to use my LAPTOP.
    Are you saying that after all this Win10 does NOT WORK ON LAPTOPS??????

JoeKall, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Lock Laptop Keyboard? (Just the keyboard.) - Win10 - Similar Threads - Lock Laptop Keyboard

2. My laptop keyboard is locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard is locked.: My laptop keyboard is locked. Second time this has happened. First time it seemed to just correct itself after a couple of days. I did a troubleshoot of the keyboard and nothing was found. My drivers are up to date. I am not a computer Whizz and am 76 years old but I do need...
  3. My laptop keyboard is locked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keyboard is locked.: My laptop keyboard is locked. Second time this has happened. First time it seemed to just correct itself after a couple of days. I did a troubleshoot of the keyboard and nothing was found. My drivers are up to date. I am not a computer Whizz and am 76 years old but I do need...
  4. Keyboard Locked?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Locked?: I wiped the keyboard down with a Clorox wipe and now my built in keyboard on my laptop dell latitude e5550 is not working.I have already ruled out water damage since this has happened before. Its because i pressed some combination of keys somehow and now its locked me out or...
  5. Locking keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locking keyboard: Hi, how could I lock physical keyboard in laptop but keep on-screen keyboard working normally? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locking-keyboard/9caf816a-d8be-41ac-b114-34beb65c1561
  6. Locked keyboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked keyboard: How do i access an online keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-keyboard/3b59a235-4828-45a0-8e3e-fe26761d09cc
  7. How to Lock Laptop Keyboard? (Just the keyboard.) - Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Lock Laptop Keyboard? (Just the keyboard.) - Win10: Is there a way, without a brand X app, to lock the keyboard of a laptop? I want to have my laptop playing a video in a pubic place where I fear someone might accidentally or intentionally mess with the keyboard and interfere with the video. I've searched and researched but...
  8. keyboards locked

keyboards locked: my keyboards locked how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboards-locked/5efc2dc0-07d8-48bc-bd39-b61e9a8d9905
  9. My laptop keyboard is locked

My laptop keyboard is locked: My keyboard is completely locked up and non-responsive. No function, or other keys work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keyboard-is-locked/0bd82b2c-381c-4612-9b75-a7fb9ed0881a
  10. new laptop keyboard locked

new laptop keyboard locked: When sticky keys turned off the keyboard locks 103287