Windows 10: How to lock the taskbar icons?

Discus and support How to lock the taskbar icons? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I lock the taskbar pinned icons shortcuts to programs so that they have their own fixed zone and you can't move opened programs icons into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cojazrobiłem, Jan 25, 2023.

1. How to lock the taskbar icons?

How can I lock the taskbar pinned icons shortcuts to programs so that they have their own fixed zone and you can't move opened programs icons into them? Something like that was in Win 7 by default. And I don't mean Lock the taskbar option.

:)

cojazrobiłem, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jan 25, 2023
  4. How to lock the taskbar icons?

How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

How to lock the taskbar icons?

1. How to lock the taskbar icons? - Similar Threads - lock taskbar icons

2. What happened to the 'lock taskbar' and option to make taskbar icons smaller?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to the 'lock taskbar' and option to make taskbar icons smaller?: I've just changed from Windows 10 after resisting it for some time to Windows 11. Where are the quick and easy ways to make the taskbar icons smaller and to lock/unlock taskbar? Improvements are suppose to be just that, not make things harder. I just want to fit the day of...
  3. How to hide icons in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide icons in taskbar?: I see there is an option inside the 'Taskbar settings' saying 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar' but it doesn't. It manipulates the notification area. Where is the option to hide/unhide icons of active programs that appear on the actual task-BAR?...
  4. How to hide icons in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide icons in taskbar?: I see there is an option inside the 'Taskbar settings' saying 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar' but it doesn't. It manipulates the notification area. Where is the option to hide/unhide icons of active programs that appear on the actual task-BAR?...
  5. How to hide icons in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to lock the taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock the taskbar icons?: How can I lock the taskbar pinned icons shortcuts to programs so that they have their own fixed zone and you can't move opened programs icons into them? Something like that was in Win 7 by default. And I don't mean Lock the taskbar option....
  7. Taskbar locked icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar locked icons?: It may be a dumb question, or maybe I'm the only one who wants this, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Is there a way for icons on the taskbar to remain locked on the left side, while when I open an app, the window opens on the right side of the taskbar instead of where the icon...
  8. How to lock desktop icons?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to lock desktop icons?: I work in the educational institution and we have 30 computers in the network. I am trying to find a way to lock the icons on the desktops so that my students won’t be able to move them. I am aware of Auto Arrange and Align Icons to Grid but don’t think they are suitable for...
  9. How to lock the order of the icons in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to lock the order of the icons in the taskbar: On a Surface Pro 4, running Windows 10 Pro. I want to lock the order of the taskbar icons so that they cannot be rearranged. The 'Lock Taskbar' option does not do this and only prevents the icons from being removed. Any ideas?...
  10. How to disable a icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable a icon in taskbar: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet How do I remove that one? It shows my two hard drives which are never going to be removed while the computer is on. 56809