Windows 10: How to Lock windows 10 laptop with power button?

Discus and support How to Lock windows 10 laptop with power button? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I set the power button to turn off display but it doesn't lock the screen or require pin. I wanna keep things running in the background but still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Phireach, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Phireach Win User

How to Lock windows 10 laptop with power button?

I set the power button to turn off display but it doesn't lock the screen or require pin. I wanna keep things running in the background but still doesn't want other people to access my laptop by moving the mouse or pressing any key.

:)

Phireach, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2020
  3. OOOO Win User
    How to disable "5 seconds power button shut off" on a laptop?

I does not suggest you to do this, if you insist on this, try the following steps.

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Find and click System and Security
    3. Find and click Power Options
    4. On the left hand, you will see Choose what the power button does and click it
    5. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to be able to change the settings
    6. In When I press the power button, you can choose Do nothing

How to Lock windows 10 laptop with power button? SQHnd.png

Hope this can help you.

4. How to Lock windows 10 laptop with power button?

Laptop won't boot after Windows 10 update; power button unresponsive

This is from the ATIV Book 9 Lite manual.

It suggests there is a battery disconnect hole on bottom of laptop. If pressed it will disconnect battery. Then on reapplying power battery will be connected. This may allow you to reset device. Please confirm in your manual.

How to Lock windows 10 laptop with power button? [​IMG]

How to Lock windows 10 laptop with power button? [​IMG]

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

How to Lock windows 10 laptop with power button?

1. How to Lock windows 10 laptop with power button? - Similar Threads - Lock laptop power

2. Laptop Stuck on Aptio Setup Utility, Keyboard and Power Button Locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Stuck on Aptio Setup Utility, Keyboard and Power Button Locked: I'm using an Alienware M15 R4 bought in May 2021.I restarted the laptop after downloading some firmware/driver updates.When I came back to my laptop after 15 minutes, I saw this on the screen:Aptio Setup Utility - American Megatrends, Inc.Flashing…WARNING! System firmware...
  3. Laptop Stuck on Aptio Setup Utility, Keyboard and Power Button Locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Stuck on Aptio Setup Utility, Keyboard and Power Button Locked: I'm using an Alienware M15 R4 bought in May 2021.I restarted the laptop after downloading some firmware/driver updates.When I came back to my laptop after 15 minutes, I saw this on the screen:Aptio Setup Utility - American Megatrends, Inc.Flashing…WARNING! System firmware...
  4. Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.: Please i need help. i am using a dell latitude E7270 with the windows 10 pro version installed. Before now i could easily lock my pc by pressing the power button and on display on i will be asked to unlock my pc with my password which i am very much okay with. But for some...
  5. Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.: Please i need help. i am using a dell latitude E7270 with the windows 10 pro version installed. Before now i could easily lock my pc by pressing the power button and on display on i will be asked to unlock my pc with my password which i am very much okay with. But for some...
  6. Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. enabling physical power button on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    enabling physical power button on lock screen: I find it incredibly annoying that when one of my PCs are locked, I cant just hit the power button and leave. I will frequently try to turn off my desktop computer, late at night when the screens are off, just to realize hours later that it's still on. The only way to shut it...
  8. How to move the power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to move the power button: How do I move the power button to a Desktop icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-the-power-button/a3c40937-7f55-4992-9f82-7be52d1ce962
  9. How to disable keyboard's Power button in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable keyboard's Power button in Windows 10?: Hi there, I have a simple, generic keyboard that has Power / Sleep / Wake Up buttons right above Print Screen / Scroll Lock / Pause. I want to disable them because I always shut down my computer accidentally and lose all my work. All solutions I found are for windows...
  10. Lock Computer Option via Power button

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Computer Option via Power button: Hello, I know that I can lock Windows by holding Start and 'L' at the same time, but I also want an option to do it when I click the power button from the Start menu (it's not there). In all of my previous versions of Windows, there was always an option among all the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Power button to lock Windows

2. press power button to lock windows