Windows 10: How to lock zoom on touchpad?

Discus and support How to lock zoom on touchpad? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to lock touchpad zoom? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-lock-zoom-on-touchpad/9cb2ef88-3bcf-423a-abe4-aa39b52e0de5 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RaviUpadhye, Sep 8, 2019.

1. How to lock zoom on touchpad?

How to lock touchpad zoom?

:)

RaviUpadhye, Sep 8, 2019

2. Tablet mode Scroll Often Zooms

Hi Mark,

Are you using the touchpad to scroll? Could it be that the Pinch Zoom feature is enabled? To check, follow these steps:

1. Press Start button on the keyboard, type Touchpad settings and select the top most search result.
    2. Scroll down until you find the Pinch to zoom option.
    3. Uncheck the box next to Pinch to zoom.
    4. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Let me know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Sep 8, 2019
  3. AUTiger1 Win User
    Touchpad Click Lock

I bought a brand new Windows 10 ACER Aspire E5 series laptop computer back in February. I have not had any issues at all with it. But today I have this very annoying issue. When I lightly tap my touchpad on links instead of opening the link like it had been doing previously all it does is highlight the link and drag it all over the screen. The same issue happens when I try to switch tabs. It locks onto the tab and I have to click again for it to release. This is very annoying when all I'm wanting to do is switch tabs.

My touchpad is one of those multigester ones and I have turned off the following options
    • Allow double-tab and drag
    • Use a two finger tab for right click
    • Use a two finger drag to scroll
    • Use a two finger pinch to zoom

I don't know why it started doing this today. I also have clicklock turned off under additional mouse options.

AUTiger1, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Abrar36 Win User

How to lock zoom on touchpad?

touchpad zoom causes keyboard problem

Sometimes while using edge or some other app, if I zoom through touchpad then instead of typing the letter I press, the shortcut associated with that letter gets selected. For example by pressing 'f' the 'file' menu opens up or with 'v' the 'view' menu opens. While on edge if I press a link it opens up in a new tab instead of the same tab. Also if I try to scroll it starts to zoom. And the only way to return back is if I lock my account and then log in again. I don't understand why this is happening or how to solve this issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou in advance.

Abrar36, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

How to lock zoom on touchpad?

1. How to lock zoom on touchpad? - Similar Threads - lock zoom touchpad

2. Lock the desktop for Zooming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock the desktop for Zooming: Dear all, I am using the ctrl + wheel function with my mouse to zoom on pictures I am working with, which is a nice feature. However, often the zoom is happening on the desktop, messing with all my icons. Is there a way to "lock" the desktop / icons size without disabling...
  3. Touchpad Pinch Zoom sensitivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Pinch Zoom sensitivity: I am using a notebook with the precision touchpad driver. I like the settings of my touchpad regarding sensitivity, gestures, and scrolling. Everything is great. Except the pinch zoom. It's way too sensitive. Is there any way to change that? Thank you in advance! submitted...
  4. Disable touchpad zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable touchpad zoom: how do I disable ANNOYING touchpad zoom on windows 10 Elan touchpad? Previously posted instructions are not applicable. There is NO "device settings" tab in either additional mouse or touchpad option and thus, no "pinch zoom" option....
  5. How to disable Pinch Zoom Touchpad feature

How to disable Pinch Zoom Touchpad feature: My touchpad zooms in randomly while I'm trying to scroll. I have looked at countless articles on how to disable the Pinch Zoom feature and none of the instructions match what I am seeing. I need instructions for my device. I have Windows 10 Home and an HP 15-bs0xx Laptop. I...
  6. Reset Touchpad Zoom

Reset Touchpad Zoom: Is there a way to reset zoom if I accidentally zoom in on my touchpad? I've learned that "ctrl 0" works, but only from within Firefox, for some reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-touchpad-zoom/ff028cf0-70e4-45bd-b15e-fb2d90dbca53
  7. how to disable zoom on my touchpad

how to disable zoom on my touchpad: how do I disable zoom on my touchpad? ty. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-zoom-on-my-touchpad/c877d472-5454-4c80-9a79-11981a5592bf
  8. How to disable zoom on slideshow lock screen

How to disable zoom on slideshow lock screen: Disable slow zoom and panning on slideshow lock screen I searched and found this thread, but it can't resolve my problem. I have the same question. I want to stop the zoom in lock screen when I use slideshow. According to the thread above, I can't find the "Adjust the...
  9. Lock screen zoom

Lock screen zoom: OK so When I change my home screen on the computer there are many options on how to frame it but... you cant do that for the lock screen! So I don't know what to do. all it does is zoom in and its really annoying!! HELP...
  10. touchpad zoom causes keyboard problem

touchpad zoom causes keyboard problem: Sometimes while using edge or some other app, if I zoom through touchpad then instead of typing the letter I press, the shortcut associated with that letter gets selected. For example by pressing 'f' the 'file' menu opens up or with 'v' the 'view' menu opens. While on edge if...