Windows 10: How to log back into my primary account from Administrator mode

Discus and support How to log back into my primary account from Administrator mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; TL;DR Need to find a way to access my primary account to exit out of Administrator mode. __ I needed to change my username so that there was no space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JamalBruh, Mar 30, 2020.

1. How to log back into my primary account from Administrator mode

TL;DR Need to find a way to access my primary account to exit out of Administrator mode. __

I needed to change my username so that there was no space character, since it was causing issues with running certain software.

I ran command line as administrator, and changed it through netwpls and stuff.

I thought that I could log off and back in by simply restarting the computer, but apparently not.

All it did was give me two sign-in accounts: one as my primary account, and one as administrator.

I think I accidentally logged out in CMD (shutdown -L) on my primary account, so now I'm stuck in Administrator mode.

If I do the shutdown -L command in CMD, it logs me out and everything, but when I try to log back in, the Administrator account is the only one available to log into. If I shut it down with the power button, same result.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/JamalBruh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JamalBruh, Mar 30, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hi guys

I have same issue in safe boot mode with networking!

First of all it blocks the networking

Then states:

Settings cant be opened using the built in administrator account sign in with different account and try again.

Yet clicking on windows i opens settings fine

It also states broadband blocked, yet I can happily get on the net but at first I couldn't.

When I asked about it the guy from Microsoft tech answers couldn't understand why I wanted to use safe boot mode with networking????????

After he did nothing to help but emailed some scripts which didn't refer to safe mode. I rebooted and suddenly safe mode with networking worked with the net but windows 10 still claims broadband is blocked!

Im also still getting the message on trying to unblock broadband:

cant be opened using the built in administrator account sign in with different account and try again.

What is going on there?

Lokiroarsamba, Mar 30, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

How to log back into my primary account from Administrator mode

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

How to log back into my primary account from Administrator mode

1. How to log back into my primary account from Administrator mode - Similar Threads - log primary account

2. How can I get administration back on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get administration back on my account: Hello. So I turn on my pc and then I notice that my main user account no longer has administration. And when I try to boot into save mode it wants me to put in a password for the administrator account I don't remember making a password for. Everything I tried required me to...
  3. How can I get administration back on my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get administration back on my account: Hello. So I turn on my pc and then I notice that my main user account no longer has administration. And when I try to boot into save mode it wants me to put in a password for the administrator account I don't remember making a password for. Everything I tried required me to...
  4. how do i set my account back to administrator?

how do i set my account back to administrator?: so, i accidently set my windows account from administrator to guest, now i can't do anything on my pc to change it back which is a big issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-my-account-back-to-administrator/ea140050-7bda-4785-808a-a1fd5c55acc9
  5. Can't acces safe mode on windows 7 and log into my administrator account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't acces safe mode on windows 7 and log into my administrator account.: When I turned on my computer and typed in my password it showed the message: "The user profile service failed the sign in".I have tried everything - restarting it,pressing the F8 key but no matter what I do I can't access safe mode and it doesn't do anything, tried typing in...
  6. Can't acces safe mode on windows 7 and log into my administrator account.

Can't acces safe mode on windows 7 and log into my administrator account.: When I turned on my computer and typed in my password it showed the message: "The user profile service failed the sign in".I have tried everything - restarting it,pressing the F8 key but no matter what I do I can't access safe mode and it doesn't do anything, tried typing in...
  7. my account is not logging in after using administrator mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my account is not logging in after using administrator mode: i had to clean some stuff up in my pc.... so i had to delete some files in disk C. so i logged onto administrator mode and deleted a few files. after deleting it and logging out of administrator mode i tried to log in to my main account but it didnt work. it showed that "We...
  8. How do I get my administrator account back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get my administrator account back: Split from this thread. May I join this ... I cannot get my administrator account back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-administrator-account-back/84b6c828-6f17-4973-97db-70c912db23a1
  9. Administrator account restricting me from logging into my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Administrator account restricting me from logging into my computer: I am currently unable to access my home computer due to there being an administrator account on it that i never previously made or have ever seen before. It is requesting for a password change if I want to log onto my computer, the accounts previous password is required which...
  10. How to Switch Back From Hyper V Administrator account to Administrator Account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Switch Back From Hyper V Administrator account to Administrator Account.: Dear sir, I was working on my System on 22nd july 2020 i was unable to install an application. I tried 3-4 times but i was unable to install the application. while i was checking for the Administrator Account i mistakenly Clicked on Hyper V Administrator Account and saved...