Windows 10: How to log in to laptop after Windows 10 update when it is not possible to use PIN and...

Discus and support How to log in to laptop after Windows 10 update when it is not possible to use PIN and... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; HelloMy father's Windows 10 update has resulted in him no longer being able to use the PIN to log in - apparently due to the update making it invalid.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SJAsks, May 4, 2021.

1. SJAsks Win User

How to log in to laptop after Windows 10 update when it is not possible to use PIN and...

HelloMy father's Windows 10 update has resulted in him no longer being able to use the PIN to log in - apparently due to the update making it invalid. However, because he only ever used the PIN, he cannot remember the password so now cannot log on to his laptop. How can he now log in? It is a shame that for such an update that it was not decided to convert the PIN to a single use and force the users to reset the PIN at first login to avoid this situation.Please advise how to proceed.Sharron

:)

SJAsks, May 4, 2021

2. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, May 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10 PIN Log in, logs in multiple users

Good evening,

First off, I should mention I'm running Windows 10 on version 1709 on an HP Spectre x360 (13-4003dx)

Starting about a month ago, entering a PIN into one of my two Microsoft accounts (one is work and other is personal) logs both accounts in. In fact, doing so first gives me a warning that I entered the PIN incorrectly. After entering it again and checking
    the Users tab in the Task Manager window, I see both users logged in.

It doesn't matter which I try first, they both end up logging in.

Here's my workflow:

• Turn on laptop after being completely shutdown
    • I receive a notification that the PIN is incorrect
    • Try again
    • This time I log in
    • Once logged in, I open Task Manager
    • Click User tab
    • Notice my two user accounts are logged in

Just curious if anyone has had the same issue and a possible solution.

Thanks!

Adrian

AdrianSanabria-Diaz, May 4, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

How to log in to laptop after Windows 10 update when it is not possible to use PIN and...

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. How to log in to laptop after Windows 10 update when it is not possible to use PIN and... - Similar Threads - log laptop update

2. Cant log in laptop using pin, cant use gmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant log in laptop using pin, cant use gmail: I cant log in my laptop using my pin, its not allowing me to type the letter, and i cant access my gmail bcs it has been deleted but i can access it through microsoft email but im not recieving the recovery code email. Please help...
  3. Cant log in laptop using pin, cant use gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant log in laptop using pin, cant use gmail: I cant log in my laptop using my pin, its not allowing me to type the letter, and i cant access my gmail bcs it has been deleted but i can access it through microsoft email but im not recieving the recovery code email. Please help...
  4. How to disable PIN screen when logging in to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable PIN screen when logging in to Windows 10.: I have set up a new Windows 10 computer and I want to get rid of the need to log in with the PIN every time I start up.My steps so far: Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options. On the "Sign-in options" window I turn off the slider for "Require Windows Hello sign-in for...
  5. How to disable PIN screen when logging in to Windows 10.

How to disable PIN screen when logging in to Windows 10.: I have set up a new Windows 10 computer and I want to get rid of the need to log in with the PIN every time I start up.My steps so far: Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options. On the "Sign-in options" window I turn off the slider for "Require Windows Hello sign-in for...
  6. How to disable PIN screen when logging in to Windows 10.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Unable to log on to my laptop, using PIN.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to log on to my laptop, using PIN.: I am unable to log onto my laptop using PIN. Message “ Your PIN is no longer available due to change in security settings on this device”. How do I get the PIN field back ON? How do I check which security settings were changed? Also, it will not accept my password. I’m stuck....
  8. Unable to log on to my laptop, using PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log on to my laptop, using PIN.: I am unable to log onto my laptop using PIN. Message “ Your PIN is no longer available due to change in security settings on this device”. How do I get the PIN field back ON? How do I check which security settings were changed? Also, it will not accept my password. I’m stuck....
  9. Unable to log on to my laptop, using PIN.

10. PIN log in issue after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    PIN log in issue after update: The recent update made me put in a PIN, on restart I have to enter a PIN, I don't want to use the PIN, but when I go to settings to try to remove the PIN it says that the Hello welcome PIN is not set up, yet I have to enter the PIN on the welcome screen on restarts and I have...