Windows 10: How to log in to local Windows account?

Discus and support How to log in to local Windows account? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; It started when the touchscreen of my Lenovo Yoga laptop completely stopped working. After following every tutorial and advice on the internet, in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Schollaart, May 18, 2023.

1. How to log in to local Windows account?

It started when the touchscreen of my Lenovo Yoga laptop completely stopped working. After following every tutorial and advice on the internet, in vain, I gave up and tried to reset Windows to a former date. It took 45 mins just to do that and then, while my laptop was in the process of restarting, an error occured: Critical Process Died. I could restart my laptop, which eventually brought me back to the same place after every attempt, or go to advanced settings. But whatever I tried in advance settings all required a password for some Windows account. Again, I tried all the passwords I could

:)

Schollaart, May 18, 2023
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, May 18, 2023
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 18, 2023
  4. Allan Mej Win User

How to log in to local Windows account?

Log out of local account

Hi,

Logging in an account to the Windows Store will automatically bound your local account with your Microsoft account. You can log in to the

web version of the WindowsStore
    instead to prevent this issue from recurring. To log out an account of the Windows Store, kindly follow these steps:

• Open Windows Store.
    • Click your account icon beside the Search box.

How to log in to local Windows account? 324b6283-915b-4863-b7e7-8dcc637170e9.png
    • Click your profile.

How to log in to local Windows account? 3474ff0a-d0b8-4bc3-bea4-019c3c0e889e.png
    • Click Sign out.

Now, proceed in removing your Microsoft account and password by following these steps:

• Go to Settings>Account>Your email and accounts.
    • Click Sign in with a local account instead and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • After setting up the new local account, go back to Settings>Account>Your email and accounts.
    • Select your email account and click Remove.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, May 18, 2023
Thema:

How to log in to local Windows account?

1. How to log in to local Windows account? - Similar Threads - log local account

2. How to log in to local Windows account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to log in to local Windows account?: It started when the touchscreen of my Lenovo Yoga laptop completely stopped working. After following every tutorial and advice on the internet, in vain, I gave up and tried to reset Windows to a former date. It took 45 mins just to do that and then, while my laptop was in the...
  3. How to log in to local Windows account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to log in to local Windows account?: It started when the touchscreen of my Lenovo Yoga laptop completely stopped working. After following every tutorial and advice on the internet, in vain, I gave up and tried to reset Windows to a former date. It took 45 mins just to do that and then, while my laptop was in the...
  4. Can't log in to my Windows account. only local account log in.

Can't log in to my Windows account. only local account log in.: A repair place replaced my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 11 Home to my desktop. They created my first initial and last name as the local account administrator. I want to sign into my Microsoft account and cannot. I did the following, but it didn't work: I went to...
  5. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    log in with pin on a local account: I am currently trying to change my already set pin on windows 10, and windows is not allowing me.My computer has always had a local user, I purposely never used a logged in account because most of the time I do not want a password on my pc at all.A while ago I set a pin as my...
  6. log in with pin on a local account

log in with pin on a local account: I am currently trying to change my already set pin on windows 10, and windows is not allowing me.My computer has always had a local user, I purposely never used a logged in account because most of the time I do not want a password on my pc at all.A while ago I set a pin as my...
  7. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to log out of local account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to log out of local account?: I recently bought a pc from apparently a shady dealer. I used it a bit, it was all fine and then it said activate windows in the bottom right corner. I went to settings/accounts and it said Im logged into a local account. I called him up and he suggested I download some shady...
  9. Help with Log In as Local Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Log In as Local Account: So my PC for some weird reason forces me to add the prefix " .\ " before my username. By default, it expects me to login as a domain. Is there any way to change this? So I can login using only my username (and password)? submitted by /u/Watchmen__ [link] [comments]...
  10. Local account log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local account log in: I accidenatlly logged into my computer using my mom’s microsoft account and now all my personaliziations are the ones from her computer and I cannot log out. Also, when I went accounts in settings the “log into local account instead” message isn’t there Thank you...