Windows 10: How to log in with another credentials when attempting to connect to a VPN

Discus and support How to log in with another credentials when attempting to connect to a VPN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I want to be able to login to a VPN with another credentials of mine. But based on the image below, it doesn't have the option or a way to select... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GohJustin, May 13, 2020.

1. GohJustin Win User

How to log in with another credentials when attempting to connect to a VPN

Hi, I want to be able to login to a VPN with another credentials of mine. But based on the image below, it doesn't have the option or a way to select log in with another user.. Can someone help?

How to log in with another credentials when attempting to connect to a VPN 21f5e9b5-8f4e-4a53-b9ec-7c0c77f146be?upload=true.png

:)

GohJustin, May 13, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, May 13, 2020
  3. VPN Password Change.

Hi,

There are different ways on how to update/change your VPN credentials. First, by changing it manually using your
    VPN server name. Follow these steps to update/change your
    VPN
    credentials.

• Select your VPN connection, then click on Advanced options.

• Once done, simply click on Edit.

Second, you can coordinate with the Client server of your VPN. They can guide you on how to change your VPN credentials.

We're just here if you have any other concerns.

Carlos Tin, May 13, 2020
  4. How to log in with another credentials when attempting to connect to a VPN

Window vpn set-up, error 807: trouble-shooting log-on credentials

I set up a new incoming connection on computer 1.

From a computer 2, I attempted to connect by vpn connection.

Error 807 led me to trouble-shooting user credentials.

From the GUI for selecting users you can access properties and see user names and credentials, aka passwords.

For some user credentials, I kept passwords on both Microsoft and local accounts to a certain length. But in the GUI, the credentials are longer than the ones I assigned in creating those users.

My question is: given how I kept log-in passwords short for ease of accessing my private VPN server, is there a reason my selected users have passwords that are 3-4 times longer than the passwords I assigned?

From the GUI, I shortened the password. Refreshing the GUI undid my change. I am not sure therefore if I even know my log-in passwords / credentials after seeing the event I just spoke of.

RichardDoi, May 13, 2020
Thema:

How to log in with another credentials when attempting to connect to a VPN

1. How to log in with another credentials when attempting to connect to a VPN - Similar Threads - log another credentials

2. VPN credentials will not clear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN credentials will not clear: Hello. I utilize a PowerShell script to install our companies vpn connection with the Windows built in VPN feature. I have never had any issues running this process before. Today marked the first day for a new remote user. After attempting to connect, the user is prompted...
  3. VPN credentials will not clear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN credentials will not clear: Hello. I utilize a PowerShell script to install our companies vpn connection with the Windows built in VPN feature. I have never had any issues running this process before. Today marked the first day for a new remote user. After attempting to connect, the user is prompted...
  4. Getting an error when connecting to VPN "The L2TP connection attempt failed .."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting an error when connecting to VPN "The L2TP connection attempt failed ..": Hi, I am having an error when conencting to VPN, "The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer." It's weird because I was just able to connect last week, all of a sudden it is...
  5. Getting an error when connecting to VPN "The L2TP connection attempt failed .."

Getting an error when connecting to VPN "The L2TP connection attempt failed ..": Hi, I am having an error when conencting to VPN, "The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer." It's weird because I was just able to connect last week, all of a sudden it is...
  6. The L2TP connection attempt failed error VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The L2TP connection attempt failed error VPN: Hi,I just recently got instructions from my company to install VPN, everything worked fine for few days and now i got this message:The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during the initial negotiations with the remote...
  7. The L2TP connection attempt failed error VPN

The L2TP connection attempt failed error VPN: Hi,I just recently got instructions from my company to install VPN, everything worked fine for few days and now i got this message:The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during the initial negotiations with the remote...
  8. Event logs - The domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event logs - The domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an account: Hello,Can you explain that events log why this is happening? user changed password by himself and there is many logs like this:how can i fix it? many thanksKerberos pre-authentication failedThe domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an accountKerberos...
  9. Credentials challenge when attempting to share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Credentials challenge when attempting to share: The loss of the Homegroup in Windows 10 has left a big issue with a new laptop where after following all the instructions I found online I'm getting a challenge for credentials when I merely attempt to click on another networked PC. Here is a summary of my settings: New...
  10. No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected: This particular issue has been going on for almost a month now. My companies IT department is still trying to figure out the root cause. Below is a list of isolation / troubleshooting i've done. Issue: Once connected to the work VPN (successfully) the internet connection...