Windows 10: How to log junk/spam email IP addresses

Discus and support How to log junk/spam email IP addresses in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been receiving a bunch of suspicious email lately and I want to log the suspicious emails IP address so I can determine their geographic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkMcCumber, Dec 9, 2019.

1. How to log junk/spam email IP addresses

I have been receiving a bunch of suspicious email lately and I want to log the suspicious emails IP address so I can determine their geographic location.

How do I do this in the Mail application included in Windows 10?

The mail application also has separate folders for junk and deleted emails. Do these folders store the emails IP addresses?

Thanks,

:)

MarkMcCumber, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Mystere Win User

Junk email

It's a never-ending battle. They spammers change their email addresses, so while the previous spammers email address was added to the blocked senders list, the new one is not. The only way to combat this is to engage the high sensitivity filters, which basically block all but people you have in your contacts list. This means all email goes to your junk mail filter unless the sender is in your contacts. But, this means you can't get any email from senders you aren't expecting unless you check your junk mail folder and add them to your contacts.

This also isn't perfect, since the spammers use tricks like using your own email address as the source, or hijacking your friends email accounts and sending spam from their accounts.

Mystere, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Auto-complete addresses full of spam emails

Hi Microsoft folk,

I have been using the Windows 10 mail app for a while now, and linked it with my hotmail account. For a while now, every time I start to compose an email and start typing a "to" address, the suggested autocomplete is filled with spam addresses (that are
    not on my contact list) and are not full email addresses. Is there a way that I can remove all of these suggestions, or even turn off autocomplete? I have cleared my junk folder and deleted items, and these suggestions remain.

I have run a disk cleanup and cleared temp files, temporary internet files, and everything else that seemed appropriate. I have also deleted the account from the mail app and relinked it, and it was the same whether my account was present or not.

Kind regards,

Tom

wright.thomas, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Jackske Win User

How to log junk/spam email IP addresses

emails are wrongfully marked as junk

Hello,
    I have a problem with Gmail.
    Some emails will automatically always be placed in the JUNK folder.
    In the SPAM folder there is a way to indicate that an email is not spam.
    This possibility does not exist in the JUNK folder.
    How can I indicate that some Gmail addresses (which exist in my address book) are not JUNK.
    Thank you,

Jackske, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

How to log junk/spam email IP addresses

1. How to log junk/spam email IP addresses - Similar Threads - log junk spam

2. how to stop junk email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop junk email: I signed in from a new location and it started a power surge of junk emails to be sent. How can I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-junk-email/9fb45c6f-c186-461e-9a7f-2efc6791d295
  3. how to stop junk email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to stop junk email: I signed in from a new location and it started a power surge of junk emails to be sent. How can I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-junk-email/9fb45c6f-c186-461e-9a7f-2efc6791d295
  4. What is the email address to Microsoft to Report email Spam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the email address to Microsoft to Report email Spam?: I have AOL email and I received a Spam email from someone that said I bought "Windows Defender Advanced Threat protection Firewall & Network protection" for $399.23. I want to report this email Because I did not make that purchase !I looked all over for it but could not find...
  5. What is the email address to Microsoft to Report email Spam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the email address to Microsoft to Report email Spam?: I have AOL email and I received a Spam email from someone that said I bought "Windows Defender Advanced Threat protection Firewall & Network protection" for $399.23. I want to report this email Because I did not make that purchase !I looked all over for it but could not find...
  6. spam/junk folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    spam/junk folder: where can I find the spam/junk folder please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spamjunk-folder/60f46f95-9544-477f-b034-22290fd5eb1b
  7. Missing emails in some folders e.g junk / spam

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Missing emails in some folders e.g junk / spam: Hi folks for those using IMAP with Outlook you might be missing some emails - particularly as there's some sort of "duplicity" between SPAM and JUNK folders -- you might only see a SPAM folder when it should be JUNK or the other way around (depending on ISP) To get access...
  8. Deleting spam email addresses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting spam email addresses: Sorry that was an error by me I am on windows 10, using gmail or googlemail. I keep getting lots of spam emails which do go to my spam folder and I delete them. I now have a problem whereby when I send an email and go to the 'to' line these spam email adresses come up. I...
  9. How to find true email address of junk email

in Browsers and Email
    How to find true email address of junk email: I received an junk email supposedly from "Gerber Life Partner" . However when I try to add that email as junk and to block sender, I get the message that it's not a valid email address. Is there a way to find the true email address ? Thanks. 138622
  10. Strange spam email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange spam email address: I keep getting emails on my business computer from a strange address (like it is a merge of two separate ones). How it is even possible? Jim Scott <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***@wentai-cn.com> I keep spamming all of us almost every day with email that...