Windows 10: How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...

Discus and support How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to help my father-in-law log on to his laptop. He said he was able to get in it before but today for some reason he was unable to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by vbyu22, Feb 27, 2022.

1. vbyu22 Win User

How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...

Hello, I am trying to help my father-in-law log on to his laptop. He said he was able to get in it before but today for some reason he was unable to log on and does not know the password to the outlook.com email that's registered on that laptop. I've tried the password reset using my email but was unable to recover it. But it looks to me that he has another account that we do know the password for and I am trying to help him sign on that one instead. So... how do you add or sign on as a different user if the main account is not accessible?The other problem is that I am in the US and he is in A

:)

vbyu22, Feb 27, 2022

2. Cannot log into local Administrator account because i logged into my Microsoft Account. Now I can't sign out of the microsoft account

Removing a Microsoft account from your Windows 10 PC requires you to be logged in to a different account. Once you're logged in to a different account, follow these steps to remove your Microsoft account:

• Click the Start button.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Scroll down and click the Microsoft account you'd like to delete.
    • Click Remove.
    • Click Yes.

Do let us know if you need any other assistance.

Darian Tab, Feb 27, 2022
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is... :(

Zakin, Feb 27, 2022
  4. jantjo Win User

How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...

Difference between Microsoft accounts

Hi there,

I'm interested in what the difference is between a Microsoft Account and a ExchangeOnline/Office365 Account. Presently I have both, with the same ID and from what I understand from the Microsoft stand point there managed different.

Is there a benefit or limitation to having both? for me it seems a hassle to maintain two different accounts. I think on my Microsoft account I have a onedrive subscription and a skype profile and
    no email address assocated. on my EOL/Office365 I purely have my email account and Azure associated to it. is there any harm in closing the Microsoft account and migrating everything over to the EOL/Office365?

From what I've tested in windows 10, if I use my Microsoft account to login it as a "simple" account, if I use my EOL/Office365 as a login it acts as a "work" account and may add some policies. I don't know if there's any limitations if use either when joining
    the computer to an actual domain.

I heard a rumor awhile ago that Microsoft was actually planning on tackling this issue and merging the accounts as somepoint

thoughts or suggestions?

jantjo, Feb 27, 2022
Thema:

1. How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is... - Similar Threads - log different Microsoft

2. Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account: I have recently purchased a new computer as my old one had been a write-off, but this new computer has a different Microsoft account attached to it. I am able to access both accounts, however I am unable to access the first computer, and the second is currently in setup. How...
  3. Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account: I have recently purchased a new computer as my old one had been a write-off, but this new computer has a different Microsoft account attached to it. I am able to access both accounts, however I am unable to access the first computer, and the second is currently in setup. How...
  4. I want to log into a different Microsoft account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to log into a different Microsoft account.: I wanted to log into a different Microsoft account.I typed in the username and correct password but it didn't work.I retyped the username and password multiple times but it still didn't work. Could someone please tell me what the problem might be?...
  5. I want to log into a different Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to log into a different Microsoft account.: I wanted to log into a different Microsoft account.I typed in the username and correct password but it didn't work.I retyped the username and password multiple times but it still didn't work. Could someone please tell me what the problem might be?...
  6. I want to log into a different Microsoft account.

7. How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...: Hello, I am trying to help my father-in-law log on to his laptop. He said he was able to get in it before but today for some reason he was unable to log on and does not know the password to the outlook.com email that's registered on that laptop. I've tried the password reset...
  8. How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...

How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...: Hello, I am trying to help my father-in-law log on to his laptop. He said he was able to get in it before but today for some reason he was unable to log on and does not know the password to the outlook.com email that's registered on that laptop. I've tried the password reset...
  9. Different Microsoft accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Different Microsoft accounts: The email showing up on my computer as my Microsoft account name is wrong. I changed emails and wasn't sure how to change that so I opened another Microsoft account under my new email. The wrong email still shows up under my profile on my PC and I can't buy anything from...
  10. Accounts on different computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accounts on different computers: I recently got a new router and had to get all my devices set up. I was having trouble getting my wife's computer to communicate with our printer. That is fixed now, but I logged in to my Microsoft account on her computer. It reset things on my surface (think that is fixed),...