Windows 10: How to log out of someone else’s Microsoft account on your own laptop?

Discus and support How to log out of someone else’s Microsoft account on your own laptop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently logged into a friend’s Microsoft account through the Microsoft Store so I could play one of his games, but it has switched his computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Audrey538, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Audrey538 Win User

How to log out of someone else’s Microsoft account on your own laptop?

I recently logged into a friend’s Microsoft account through the Microsoft Store so I could play one of his games, but it has switched his computer settings over to my laptop along with OneDrive. I am unable to sign out of his account in settings and I am also unable to create a local account through settings. I have already logged out of his account on the Microsoft Store, but his settings and OneDrive are still there. How do I fix this?

:)

Audrey538, Aug 22, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Aug 22, 2020
  3. needsleep Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

I bought a used laptop running Win 10 Pro. winver reports 1809.
    How do I register my PC with my Microsoft account?
    But when I'm done, I'd like to use my local account each time to log in.
    Please tell me how to do that.
    I am very new at Win 10, and need step by step instructions.

Thanks,

needsleep, Aug 22, 2020
  4. How to log out of someone else’s Microsoft account on your own laptop?

Microsoft account on desktop,laptop, and xbox one

Hi,

To correct the issue, we suggest you to perform the steps below:

• Press Windows log key + S.
    • Type User Accounts and click on it from the result.
    • Click on Manage Another Account.
    • If your son's account appears there, you can remove it and retain your account.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

How to log out of someone else’s Microsoft account on your own laptop?

1. How to log out of someone else’s Microsoft account on your own laptop? - Similar Threads - log someone else’s

2. My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account: I am logged into a friend's account for some reason on the settings app and i can't log out in order to log back into my own account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-settings-is-logged-into-someone-elses/c7a40d2c-63d1-4a6d-910f-a72392fb21c9
  3. My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account: I am logged into a friend's account for some reason on the settings app and i can't log out in order to log back into my own account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-settings-is-logged-into-someone-elses/c7a40d2c-63d1-4a6d-910f-a72392fb21c9
  4. how to refresh your account without deleting someone else login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to refresh your account without deleting someone else login: So i want to reset my account without deleting my dads things on his account so like i don't want it to reset all the way i rather reset my side but i dont know how...
  5. how to refresh your account without deleting someone else login

how to refresh your account without deleting someone else login: So i want to reset my account without deleting my dads things on his account so like i don't want it to reset all the way i rather reset my side but i dont know how...
  6. What happens if your Laptop device is logged in to someone’s Microsoft account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens if your Laptop device is logged in to someone’s Microsoft account ?: I bought new laptop then mistakenly created Microsoft account with someones gmail Id and also registered my laptop device in that Microsoft account ,so I got panicked and totally reseted my new laptop now I cannot login to that account because recovery mail is going to that...
  7. What happens if your Laptop device is logged in to someone’s Microsoft account ?

What happens if your Laptop device is logged in to someone’s Microsoft account ?: I bought new laptop then mistakenly created Microsoft account with someones gmail Id and also registered my laptop device in that Microsoft account ,so I got panicked and totally reseted my new laptop now I cannot login to that account because recovery mail is going to that...
  8. How to remove or log out my MS Account from someone else's PC by using my own PC from distant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove or log out my MS Account from someone else's PC by using my own PC from distant: Hi guys! Please help!Last time, one of my friend bought a new PC, and he wanted to test using MS account. He asked me to test by using my own MS account as an Admin account of his new PC. I agreed to do that by logging his PC with my MS account. I forgot to log out and now my...
  9. How to remove or log out my MS Account from someone else's PC by using my own PC from distant

How to remove or log out my MS Account from someone else's PC by using my own PC from distant: Hi guys! Please help!Last time, one of my friend bought a new PC, and he wanted to test using MS account. He asked me to test by using my own MS account as an Admin account of his new PC. I agreed to do that by logging his PC with my MS account. I forgot to log out and now my...
  10. How to remove or log out my MS Account from someone else's PC by using my own PC from distant

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware