Windows 10: How to log real-time processes, to find out what's slowing down an App

Discus and support How to log real-time processes, to find out what's slowing down an App in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; THE PROBLEM: Recent Windows 10 Updates have impacted the performance of 3rd Party Ham Radio Applications. Been running the www.dxlabsuite.com... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gary_S_1943, Feb 16, 2019.

1. How to log real-time processes, to find out what's slowing down an App

THE PROBLEM: Recent Windows 10 Updates have impacted the performance of 3rd Party Ham Radio Applications.

Been running the www.dxlabsuite.com software for many years, without problems. Thousands of other “hams” use the same software.

THE IMPACT: When I try to do a simple LOOKUP or a CLEAR, to find ham radio operator info, location, etc.…Execution took only 1-3 seconds. Now it takes 8-15 seconds….and makes the software useless in contests and other quick radio activities.

DONE SO FAR: Using Re-Boot with Safe Networking, we have ruled out any impact from software at Start-up.

And with extraordinary support from Malwarebytes (MB), we have ruled out any malware in the PC, and also ruled out any “rogue software” in the MB application. Numerous custom logs were created for the MB QC and development team, and they found no cause coming from their product.

NEXT STEPS: Using MSCONFIG’s Performance Monitor & Resource Monitor, I will try to set up some logging, so I can try to capture and understand what’s happening immediately after I click-on LOOKUP. And maybe identify the culprit. Whenever the delay happens for a LOOKUP, Task Manager shows the message: “DXkeeper not responding”. Is this a clue or useless info?

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP? Is the approach above, the best way to solve this ? What do YOU recommend on how to proceed?

Warm regards,

Gary

:)

Gary_S_1943, Feb 16, 2019

2. I can't turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you try to turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection from a Hidden Administrator account. To enable Hidden Administrator, the following are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type in net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.
    • Log out and log back in using the Administrator account.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Only windows processes/software/applications are slow

Hi,

As per the above info, I suggest that you Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running
    at the same time.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 16, 2019
  4. adonis08 Win User

How to log real-time processes, to find out what's slowing down an App

Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I did all the step and delete the MsMpEng.exe but still it doesn't turn on Real Time Protection any suggestion please??

adonis08, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

How to log real-time processes, to find out what's slowing down an App

1. How to log real-time processes, to find out what's slowing down an App - Similar Threads - log real processes

2. Trying to find out what was this log error about

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to find out what was this log error about: LED KEEPER 2 KEEPS CRASHING LEADS TO PC STUTTERING FOR FEW SECONDS. MOUSE , KEYBOARD , AUDIO , RGB, EVERYTHING STOP WORKINGTHIS IS THE ERROR I FOUND IN EVENT VIEWER RIGHT WHEN MY PC HAS AN INTERMITTENTLog Name: ApplicationSource: .NET RuntimeDate: 27-Jan-24 5:29:19 AMEvent...
  3. How to find out what app it's referring to?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find out what app it's referring to?...: How to find out what app this is referring to? programfiles\windowsapps\miucrosoft.549981c35f10_4.2204.13303.0_x64\win32bridge.server.exeDid Search no luck. Had to look on line for an answer.it would been great it these notices would give you and idea what it belongs to. that...
  4. How to find out what app it's referring to?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find out what app it's referring to?...: How to find out what app this is referring to? programfiles\windowsapps\miucrosoft.549981c35f10_4.2204.13303.0_x64\win32bridge.server.exeDid Search no luck. Had to look on line for an answer.it would been great it these notices would give you and idea what it belongs to. that...
  5. How to find out what app it's referring to?...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Slow down time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow down time?: hello. i want to slow my windows time by 1/2 or something like that, this code had to work but using System; using System.Threading; namespace ConsoleApp3 { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { string strCmdText; Console.WriteLine("Set hour"); int hour =...
  7. Detect_Covid19Msg.exe Is this a virus OR a real App/Process ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Detect_Covid19Msg.exe Is this a virus OR a real App/Process ?: Is this a virus OR a real App/Process ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/detectcovid19msgexe-is-this-a-virus-or-a-real/91290ee1-9a7f-4513-9a6d-a713b086bb87
  8. How to solve Defender real time protection slowing down icon display ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to solve Defender real time protection slowing down icon display ?: [ATTACH] One of the example is as seen on the picture of my desktop above : 1. first condition, the icon with all the arrow there 2. I right-click the desktop and choose refresh 3. the arrow gone and start showing on each icon The other thing is if I open "This PC", the...
  9. Check for processes set to real time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Check for processes set to real time.: A few days ago my screen randomly went black, so I restarted the PC. Second time it happened the screen went black and then a load of very faint white lines appeared vertically on the screen. Upon restarting the PC after this, I just got a black screen. Thinking this may be...
  10. Configuring for (near) real time processing (and back)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Configuring for (near) real time processing (and back): Dear friends, I have assembled a modern PC for my son who is a musician for his music production needs, but also as a general purpose PC (we don't have enough space and money to have a dedicated rig). As you might now music production has a stringent "real time"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. howe real time processes on pc