Windows 10: How to login to my own files on USB drive?

Discus and support How to login to my own files on USB drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am so accustomed to using the take ownership shortcut when moving old files to a new system that I never thought what a legitimate way to do this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cognus, Mar 7, 2020.

1. cognus Win User

How to login to my own files on USB drive?

I am so accustomed to using the take ownership shortcut when moving old files to a new system that I never thought what a legitimate way to do this might be. So if a pool hard drive from the old system put it on USB hook it up to the new system I see my Files under Documents & Settings etc. and I can login with my credentials if it would just let me. How do I do this?

:)

cognus, Mar 7, 2020
  2. mars Win User

USB Login Form

HI!

Can someone help me regarding my USB and a Java program. So I have created a Jar file where there is a login form. I have my USB that is partitioned in two. What I want to happen is before I open one of the partitions, my Login form will run. For example my usb has a Drive Z and a Drive Y, if I double click drive Y, my login form will appear. If password is not correct, then it will not be opened.

Please help. Thanks! *Smile How to login to my own files on USB drive? :)

Regards,
    Mars

mars, Mar 7, 2020
  3. How can I get this mapped drive to reauthenticat at login

I'm trying to get this mapped drive on an xp machine to reauthenticate when the computer reboots or is logged back in. The account the user uses is on a domain that is currently unavailable (server failure). The physical drive being mapped is on the other server which has the other domain here.

Now i can login as another user i create on the domain, check reconnect at login no problem. But the next day files won't open unless she clicks the drive and enters the user password there. its not a big intervention, but id like it to be seemless.

Suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

1. How to login to my own files on USB drive? - Similar Threads - login own files

2. How do I move my old File History Backup files from my old USB drive to a new USB drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I move my old File History Backup files from my old USB drive to a new USB drive?: Using File History Back up in Windows 10 I have been backing up my files to a 1TB external USB drive. It is full so I purchased a 5TB external USB drive.Using the 'Send To' function I moved the contents of the 1TB drive to the new 5TB drive.The Back Up folder on the 1TB drive...
  3. How do I move my old File History Backup files from my old USB drive to a new USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move my old File History Backup files from my old USB drive to a new USB drive?: Using File History Back up in Windows 10 I have been backing up my files to a 1TB external USB drive. It is full so I purchased a 5TB external USB drive.Using the 'Send To' function I moved the contents of the 1TB drive to the new 5TB drive.The Back Up folder on the 1TB drive...
  4. How do I move my old File History Backup files from my old USB drive to a new USB drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can't login to recovery usb drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't login to recovery usb drive: it types pin in italics https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant-login-to-recovery-usb-drive/f2b1ca5b-417b-4ffe-aecd-0226988d60e1
  6. How to get my own path in a batch-file.

How to get my own path in a batch-file.: Default answer is %~dp0. And most times this will work fine. But there is a bug in cmd.exe which will prevent this from working correctly under certain circumstances if you use double quotes to call the batch. Double quotes are necessary if the name or path of the batch file...
  7. How to manage files on multiple USB drives

How to manage files on multiple USB drives: I have many USB drives used for personal and business. Finding something is almost impossible. Plus lots of duplicates.My question, does anyone know a process or an app that will help me catalogue the files on multiple drives, find duplicates and help set up a system to...
  8. How to give Myself permission to use my own Files in C Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to give Myself permission to use my own Files in C Drive: Hello, I am really confused about this. When I create an Open Office Document, then make a copy of that same Document and put it into my C Drive, it says I can only open it and Read Only. I cannot edit it. I am having the same problems often with my files. How do I once...
  9. How to format my usb drive

How to format my usb drive: I have attempted to format my usb drive multiple times and I have tried every method possible which enables execute the function above. I have tried the Disk management system and other external third party softwares...
  10. Choosing my own LOGIN SCREEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Choosing my own LOGIN SCREEN: Making my own screens sounds like fun but right now I am trying to control my login screen. Windows 10 chooses a screen for me, changes them anytime without my opinion. 1. How do I pick one I like, save it for next time? 2. Can I SEE what is available so can SAVE...