Windows 10: How to lower monitor refresh rate when you only can select 60hz

Discus and support How to lower monitor refresh rate when you only can select 60hz in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there! Yesterday I've updated my Windows version and GPU driver (GeForce user by the way). When my son tried to play Minecraft, the monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by iBaxtter, Jun 15, 2019.

1. iBaxtter Win User

How to lower monitor refresh rate when you only can select 60hz

Hello there!

Yesterday I've updated my Windows version and GPU driver (GeForce user by the way).

When my son tried to play Minecraft, the monitor turned black followed with the message "Input not supported".

We've encountered this error in the past as well, but we managed to solve it by, of course, changing the resolution of the game before launching, or simply Alt+TAB and then the game would go in windowed mode.

I think it's because of the refresh rate.

Our monitor is a 59hz one, but it seems that I haven't got the 59hz option, only 60hz.

If someone has encountered the same issue or if you may know how to solve it, some advice would be greatly appreciated.

The little one is going through a tough time since he's not able to play Minecraft How to lower monitor refresh rate when you only can select 60hz :).

Thank you!

:)

iBaxtter, Jun 15, 2019

2. How to set default refresh rate

I've no control in the resolutions dropdown, and of course I can select the exact mode I want from List all modes.

But what I'm trying to accomplish is for Windows to recognize 60hz as the default refresh rate when changing resolutions (when I'm not specifying the refresh rate).

That comes in handy when running applications (mostly games) which let you select resolutions but not refresh rates. And yes, those applications do support the resolution/60hz combination I want for them.

So that's why this thread is titled "How to set a default refresh rate". If it's no possible, then so be it. But I could swear that before the Windows Creator's update, changing resolutions didn't lower my refresh rate.

sauronnikko, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Refresh rate

Hello everyone

I have bought a new laptop and it says the max refresh rate is 120hz. But whatever I do I cannot get past 60hz. I tried It with NVidia control pane and with windows display settings. But on both NVidia control panel and windows display settings (list all
    modes and refresh rate) it says I cant get past 60hz and my driver is updated. I even tried to get 120hz with a lower resolution but it doesn't work. If someone knows what the problem is can you help me?

21312131_087, Jun 15, 2019
  4. How to lower monitor refresh rate when you only can select 60hz

Dual monitor setup locks 144Hz monitor at 60Hz

1. I've said this twice now. I've configured them in the Nvidia control panel. Please stop suggesting this.
    2. There is a massive difference between refresh rates on any type of monitor, so I'm not sure where you're getting your information.
    3. I do not know whether or not LCD panels only update the parts of the screen that change at each refresh, but I know for a fact that higher refresh rates equate to smoother motion. It may get to a point at which it is difficult for the eye/brain to discern between two very high refresh rates, but 60Hz is definitely not that threshold for most people.

CaptainMurica, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

How to lower monitor refresh rate when you only can select 60hz

1. How to lower monitor refresh rate when you only can select 60hz - Similar Threads - lower monitor refresh

2. 165Hz monitors refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    165Hz monitors refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz: Hello, I have an Acer EI322QUR monitor which is 165Hz. Today I noticed that the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz and I am not able to change it in settings or NVIDIA's control panel. Something similar to this has happened before when the monitors refresh rate randomly changed...
  3. 165Hz monitors refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    165Hz monitors refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz: Hello, I have an Acer EI322QUR monitor which is 165Hz. Today I noticed that the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz and I am not able to change it in settings or NVIDIA's control panel. Something similar to this has happened before when the monitors refresh rate randomly changed...
  4. Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz: Hello everyone, I have an Acer Nitro EI242QRP which is a 165hz monitor, I previously had Windows 11 before facing this issue, I just got back to Windows 10 and I see that my refresh rate is stuck at 65Hz, this never happened before. When I first bought the monitor I was stuck...
  5. Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz: Hello everyone, I have an Acer Nitro EI242QRP which is a 165hz monitor, I previously had Windows 11 before facing this issue, I just got back to Windows 10 and I see that my refresh rate is stuck at 65Hz, this never happened before. When I first bought the monitor I was stuck...
  6. Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz

7. Any refresh rate above 60hz horizontal lines on monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any refresh rate above 60hz horizontal lines on monitor: HelloMy last question/posting was about a problem I was having where a constant black screen was covering most of the desktop except for a small strip at the very top of my monitor that was clear.After following suggestions posted as answers to the question I ended up...
  8. Any refresh rate above 60hz horizontal lines on monitor

Any refresh rate above 60hz horizontal lines on monitor: HelloMy last question/posting was about a problem I was having where a constant black screen was covering most of the desktop except for a small strip at the very top of my monitor that was clear.After following suggestions posted as answers to the question I ended up...
  9. How can I lower my lpatops refresh rate

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I lower my lpatops refresh rate: I have only one options for my refresh rate , is there a way I can lower it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-lower-my-lpatops-refresh-rate/48b47b16-359d-40d9-bb69-699ed8e0bd55
  10. Broken Video Playback on Lower Refresh Rate Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broken Video Playback on Lower Refresh Rate Monitor: To start off, I'm not exactly sure when this issue started; I've had 2 monitors for a few years, the primary being a 1080p 144hz panel, the secondary a 1080p 60hz panel. However, after a long vacation and not playing any games (where refresh rate would be more noticeable), I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there any way to force a monitors refresh rate lower