Windows 10: How to lower sound beyond 2 (but not silenced)

Discus and support How to lower sound beyond 2 (but not silenced) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way to re-center the volume? "1" is still uncomfortably loud and any lower instantly rounds to 0 and is completely silent. My new headset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hobbamok, Dec 28, 2020.

1. How to lower sound beyond 2 (but not silenced)

Is there any way to re-center the volume?

"1" is still uncomfortably loud and any lower instantly rounds to 0 and is completely silent. My new headset sadly utilizes the one absolute Windows volume (sadly, its the opposite of a feature as it leads me to this problem). The equalizer that the driver brings me is not much help either. [It's the KLIM Impact v2 btw. amazing apart from this problem]

Do I really need a third party Equalizer? Or is there a way to redefine Win 10's sound levels (e.g. make the current level = 20 or so, so that I can lower / raise it as I like. I'm comfortable with the Registry and would even stoop to hex editing if anyone's got a good lead for a fix. But so far I haven't found anything yet, I guess this shit "all sound level is managed by windows" is a new trend to come.

submitted by /u/Hobbamok
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hobbamok, Dec 28, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 28, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue How to lower sound beyond 2 (but not silenced) :p

cadaveca, Dec 28, 2020
  4. How to lower sound beyond 2 (but not silenced)

Sound Lowers when I launch games

HI Eric,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the Sound troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “troubleshooting” in search box and type Enter.
    • Click on View All on top left corner.
    • Click on Playing sound from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

How to lower sound beyond 2 (but not silenced)

1. How to lower sound beyond 2 (but not silenced) - Similar Threads - lower sound beyond

2. Silencing the Infuriating tones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silencing the Infuriating tones: How do I silence the Multi-Media two-tone up/two-tone down without silencing all Media- Since Loading Microsoft 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silencing-the-infuriating-tones/12713969-2b30-4f21-9f85-22ca39f8ef46
  3. Silencing the Infuriating tones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Silencing the Infuriating tones: How do I silence the Multi-Media two-tone up/two-tone down without silencing all Media- Since Loading Microsoft 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silencing-the-infuriating-tones/12713969-2b30-4f21-9f85-22ca39f8ef46
  4. Bluetooth silenced.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth silenced.: I've been using a pair of bluetooth earbuds recently, they had been working fine until yesterday, now they're always silenced until something makes sound, they take a second to "activate" and then play the rest of the audio, which is fine for movies, videos or games, but any...
  5. Sound lower than expected in headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound lower than expected in headphones: As title says, i updated my pc ( got a new motherboard, parts, ect) and my old Pc with windows 7 pc was replaced. So the problem, is that my headphones (with or without realtek drivers) doesn't sound the same, (also applied bass boost, and loudness equalization, but it sounds...
  6. How lower the sound volume?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How lower the sound volume?: Hello every one: Every time reboot the w10, the small speaker icon in the right bottom tray indicates the volume 80%. it is really too high for me. How can I fix it to a lower value? say 40%. Thanks! --- Zhao...
  7. Audio fades to silence

Audio fades to silence: If I need audio of any kind Zoom meeting, video playback, the audio starts fine but fades to silence within a minute or so. All the "troubleshooting" options I've been provided with do nothing but note that some of those instructions are too 'tech' for me to understand....
  8. How to "silence" the lock screen in Windows 10

How to "silence" the lock screen in Windows 10: The lock screen in Windows 10 is showing random pictures. That is nice. However sometime the screen does also show questions and other hints that ask for my attention. How can I "silence" those questions? Iin other words: is there a way not to to be asked about anything in...
  9. Is There a Way to Silence the Keyboard?

Is There a Way to Silence the Keyboard?: Is there a way to make the sound of the keyboard silent like you can do on your iPhone? I hate all the clicking on every key I enter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-silence-the-keyboard/94b2af6c-1a91-4186-9ad4-1ab18635a20c
  10. Touchpad: how to silence it in Windows 10

Touchpad: how to silence it in Windows 10: The touchpad click is bothering and I cannot find a way to disable the sound, like on the keyboard. Can anyone help? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-how-to-silence-it-in-windows-10/4669704a-8b89-4980-88e9-248e46edb02d