Windows 10: How to lower the DPI

Discus and support How to lower the DPI in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to launch the camera, but the error states I need to lower the dpi. Help me understand how to lower it. Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ANNCHOI1, Mar 24, 2020.

1. ANNCHOI1 Win User

How to lower the DPI

I'm trying to launch the camera, but the error states I need to lower the dpi. Help me understand how to lower it. Thank you.

:)

ANNCHOI1, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Kantastic Win User

Mouse has lower DPI in W7...

I noticed that my mouse, the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, has lower DPI in Windows 7 than in Vista and XP. I'm certain because the drop in DPI is pretty big and easy to notice, probably like a 50% drop and it takes an extra swipe to get to where I want. There are no W7 drivers (couldn't find them online, CD says it won't run due to compatibility issues) plus I don't think that's the issue since I didn't install the drivers on Vista (family rig) or XP (lappy).

Any suggestions on how to solve it?

Kantastic, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Disable High DPI Automatic Scaling

Hello,

What we can suggest to resolve the issue with your DPI settings is by following the steps on this
    article. Please note that these are only workarounds. DPI Scaling issues can be very tricky as these
    can involve multiple PC configuration. You would need to report this on our
    Feedback Hub
    for our Engineers to be notified of the issue as stated on the article.

Update us if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

How to lower the DPI

DPI Scaling issue

Hi,

This can be caused by the changes made on your device. We'd like to know some information to help us isolate the cause of the issue and provide a resolution suited to your concern:

• Were there any changes to your device prior to the issue?
    • Is it only happening to Spotify or Discord app?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps done by the live support?

In the meantime, you can check this article and see if the troubleshooting steps provided will work
    to help you resolve the issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

How to lower the DPI

1. How to lower the DPI - Similar Threads - lower DPI

2. Laptop lowers the refresh rate only on Home screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lowers the refresh rate only on Home screen: Hello, i would like some help with a problem that just arose out of the blue today, my laptop Acer Predator Triton 300 se was working just fine and i was using it without problems, however after closing it and re-starting it a few hours later i noticed that on my Homescreen...
  3. Laptop lowers the refresh rate only on Home screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop lowers the refresh rate only on Home screen: Hello, i would like some help with a problem that just arose out of the blue today, my laptop Acer Predator Triton 300 se was working just fine and i was using it without problems, however after closing it and re-starting it a few hours later i noticed that on my Homescreen...
  4. How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop with Ryzen 5 4600H + GTX 1650 Ti and 120hz screen. I'm glad that the screen is always operating as the spec said, 120 hz. The issue is I cannot find any option to lower the screen Refresh Rate RR for short. Why do I want to lower my...
  5. How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop with Ryzen 5 4600H + GTX 1650 Ti and 120hz screen. I'm glad that the screen is always operating as the spec said, 120 hz. The issue is I cannot find any option to lower the screen Refresh Rate RR for short. Why do I want to lower my...
  6. How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?

7. Why can't I pull up the calendar when I click the date and time in the lower right hand...

Why can't I pull up the calendar when I click the date and time in the lower right hand...: I am running windows 11 enterprise and I can no longer pull up the calendar when clicking the date and time in the lower right hand corner of the screen. If this is a bug fix it! If its working as intended then bring the functionality back!...
  8. How can i change the dpi scaling to lower than 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i change the dpi scaling to lower than 100%: 100% is to big on my laptop I'd love to get everything smaller but i have no idea how to do it :/ thanks for any help. submitted by /u/OuterGalaxyS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbuo4j/how_can_i_change_the_dpi_scaling_to_lower_than_100/
  9. How to make lower DPI, than 96 (100%)

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make lower DPI, than 96 (100%): Is there any way to set my DPI setting lower, than 96 (100%)? I've read about a registry hack for 7, but it doesn't work in 8.1, so I guess it also wouldn't work in 10. 5533
  10. Lower DPI settings than 100% (96DPI) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lower DPI settings than 100% (96DPI) ?: Hi is it possible to set lower DPI than default 100% ? I want something like 90-80%, but cant figure how to set it via registry. Tried tutorials for W7 with LogPixels set, but its always set back (and strange, i have set 100%, and Hkey_Current_Config/Software/fonts/logpixels...