Windows 10: How to make a bootable flash drive that boots to a custom menu

Discus and support How to make a bootable flash drive that boots to a custom menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Kingston Data Traveler 3.0 USB flash drive that I would like to make bootable. I would like to be able to insert it in a USB port on computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KCav45, Oct 29, 2020.

1. KCav45 Win User

How to make a bootable flash drive that boots to a custom menu

I have a Kingston Data Traveler 3.0 USB flash drive that I would like to make bootable. I would like to be able to insert it in a USB port on computers running Windows 10 and boot to a menu on the flash drive that I can customize. Can someone help me do this?

:)

KCav45, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Chewy Win User

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 29, 2020
  4. glockster Win User

UEFI Boot Menu

Thanks for the responses and suggestions. I've not yet tried setting everything back to defaults, although re-flashing pretty much did that for me. I have accessed the boot menu without USB drives attached and had the same result. I guess the next step would be to disconnect each of the internally connected SATA drives one at a time to see if a specific drive is causing the issue. It'd be helpful to know if the placement of those kanji looking characters is some kind of indicator that it is either the drive above or the drive below it.

I'm unsure of how that boot menu is populated. Does it read the boot sectors of all drives attached to the system and present only those it deems as bootable? Which could indicate at least one of the boot sectors is bad/corrupted. Does it just present all attached drives and leave it up to the user to decide which are bootable?

glockster, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. How to make a bootable flash drive that boots to a custom menu - Similar Threads - bootable flash drive

2. Bootable flash drive, how?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable flash drive, how?!: I have absolutely no idea on how to make a bootable USB flash drive, I've tried for 2 hours and got no where, someone please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootable-flash-drive-how/649718ea-7904-4156-bed1-0b1eb73177f9
  3. Bootable flash drive, how?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable flash drive, how?!: I have absolutely no idea on how to make a bootable USB flash drive, I've tried for 2 hours and got no where, someone please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootable-flash-drive-how/649718ea-7904-4156-bed1-0b1eb73177f9
  4. How to make a bootable flash drive with Windows 10 from Cloudready ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to make a bootable flash drive with Windows 10 from Cloudready ?: I have a laptop with cloudready installed on it.I just bought another laptop without an operating system on it.At the moment I don't have access to a device with windows 10 to make a bootable stick with media creation tool.I made a bootable stick with windows 10 on the...
  5. How to Make USB flash drive bootable with Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Make USB flash drive bootable with Win 10: I have purchased some Win 10 licenses, and I tried to use the first one for a 32-bit Win 10 Pro and boot from a USB flash drive. As I use the MediaCreationTool20H2 and chose “Create installation media USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file for another PC” option, the program did...
  6. Clone of a Bootable Flash Drive will not Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Clone of a Bootable Flash Drive will not Boot: I'm attempting to make a clone of a bootable flash drive containing the Prime Expert Emergency Book kit using EraseUs Partition Master. The clone seems to seems the same contents as the original, but the drive is not bootable. Cockpit error?Possible, but earlier I used Aomei...
  7. Making a bootable flash drive with separate storage partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making a bootable flash drive with separate storage partition?: I wanted to create a windows bootable pendrive. I have a 32 gb (around 29 gb usable space) pendrive and the windows iso is hardly 6 gb. So what I thought is if I make a 7 gb partition and keep windows bootable image there. And make the rest 22 gb separate partition for normal...
  8. How to make recovered drive bootable

How to make recovered drive bootable: After a recent drive failure/system crash, I restored my C-Drive from an Acronis True Image Home backup, to a new drive. The restore operation completed successfully, however the system does not recognize the new drive as a boot drive. The backup was done as a file backup...
  9. install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive

install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive: I finally got WSIM and sysprep to work and have a good ISO of a modified Windows 10 Pro X64 system. It installs on a Oracle VM since it can load directly from the ISO. Now I need to create a bootbale USB flash drive that will work on a BIOS/MBR system. As I said in the...
  10. How to make cloned drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to make cloned drive bootable?: I cloned C drive to G via Macrium Reflect sector by sector but cannot understand why the cloned SSD is not bootable. What commands do I run to enable the mirror G drive to boot just like C?The hardware is MSI Titan GT80 SLI running Windows 10. [img] The G drive needs to say...