Windows 10: How To Make A Bullet Point W/O Numeric Keypad?

Discus and support How To Make A Bullet Point W/O Numeric Keypad? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I looked here but perhaps it is still to early in the morning for me to comprehend what I am reading:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaedruspress, Jan 12, 2019.

1. How To Make A Bullet Point W/O Numeric Keypad?

I looked here but perhaps it is still to early in the morning for me to comprehend what I am reading:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+do+you...146-6__&ia=web

I am used to a keypad and all I needed to do was to hold down the alt key and hit 0149 and presto a bullet point would appear at the end of my renamed folder. New computer does not have a keypad.

When I went to hold down the alt key and highlighted the folder that I wanted to rename and held down the alt key and then started and hit the 0 the computer beeped at me; the nerve.

I really know nothing about the function keys since I have never used them before. Right now the upper left top key that says ESC FnLock is lit up. If I just start hitting the key row below that say 1 or 2 or 3 they show up in a document or here for example as I write this.

I know that if I hold down the Fn key and depress the sound - key the third one from the left on the top that has F2 underneath the sound - character I can adjust the sound lower.

I thought that if I held down the Fn key and the alt key at the same time and tried to insert a bullet point at the end of the folder that I am trying to rename by then typing 0149 that would work but uh uh. And as an aside I just realized I no longer have my trusty Num Lock key : (

So just to summarize. I highlight a folder that I want to rename and position the cursor at the end of that folder where I want to insert the bullet point.

Help for dummies requested. TIA.

:)

phaedruspress, Jan 12, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Numeric Keypad.

Hello,

For us to isolate the issue about your numeric keypad not working, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to the issue?
    • When did the issue started to occur?
    • Which version of Windows 10 is installed? Is it 1607 or 1703?

We look forward to your prompt response.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Numeric Keypad not working even if NumLock is enabled

Hi Lance,

Having an outdated or incompatible keyboard driver could be a possible reason why you are experiencing an issue with using the numeric keypad. For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer settings before this issue occurred?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you are trying to use the numeric keypad?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for devices and hardware. This tool can scan and repair damaged drivers of the peripherals that are connected to your computer. Visit this
    link, click on
    Find and fix problems with devices and hardware and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 12, 2019
  4. How To Make A Bullet Point W/O Numeric Keypad?

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard, Mouse and Numeric keypad

I had a set of the above ie Microsoft Sculpt ergonomic keyboard, moue and numeric keypad which all worked fine until I broke the bluetooth receiver.

I bought a universal bluetooth receiver but it didn't work and so I returned it.

I ended up buying a new keyboard on its own with a bluetooth receiver. It didn't come with the numeric keypad or mouse.

I've been trying to connect up my old mouse and numeric keypad to the new bluetooth receiver but with no joy.

I have followed various steps suggested when I have searched for the solution, including uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers etc.

My computer is not finding the mouse.

How can I pair up my old mouse and numeric keypad with the new keyboard and receiver?

Thank you

Modified title from: Mobile Devices / Accessories / Other

RebeccaSegal, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

How To Make A Bullet Point W/O Numeric Keypad?

1. How To Make A Bullet Point W/O Numeric Keypad? - Similar Threads - Bullet Point Numeric

2. Numeric keypad problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numeric keypad problem: I just bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 and a Microsoft numeric keypad to go with it. I have paired the keypad with the laptop but it does not work. When I switch the keypad on, the battery level indicator light flashes on 1. Can anyone please advise what I can do to fix...
  3. Numeric keypad problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numeric keypad problem: I just bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 and a Microsoft numeric keypad to go with it. I have paired the keypad with the laptop but it does not work. When I switch the keypad on, the battery level indicator light flashes on 1. Can anyone please advise what I can do to fix...
  4. Numeric keypad problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Decimal Point on Numeric Keypad Stopped Working- Any Fix?

Decimal Point on Numeric Keypad Stopped Working- Any Fix?: Hi My num keypad decimal point is not working all of a sudden. I have no Minitab installed. It just stopped working all of a sudden. I've tried to change the locale and some ease of access settings but no luck....
  6. Numeric keypad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numeric keypad: My numeric keypad isn't working. I've tried num lock button and still doesn't work. I appreciate any help on this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numeric-keypad/28ce7686-3e24-4148-aa23-200dc02181d9
  7. how to reset the numeric keypad to the factory settings?

how to reset the numeric keypad to the factory settings?: Hello! how to reset the numeric keypad to the factory settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-the-numeric-keypad-to-the-factory/569caf48-ec0b-49d1-abf5-0d2763a5d1a4
  8. HP laptop numeric keypad

HP laptop numeric keypad: have new HP laptop, but do not know how to lock the numeric keypad into the number only position. It has the key, but no light and when I push the key it does not lock the keypad into number only. Any suggestions. Has the new optane intel i3 inside system. Thanks...
  9. numeric keypad isnt working

numeric keypad isnt working: I have tried to turn on my numeric keypad so I can use it for the numbers and not the mouse and it just isn't working what can I do to turn it on...
  10. numeric keypad issue

numeric keypad issue: I have a Australian purchased HP x360 Envy laptop and the numeric keypad decimal point key displays a comma when typing. I use the numeric keypad input quite a lot being a mathematics teacher and I wish to change the comma to a decimal point permanently. Can someone help me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create bullet in windows no keypad