Windows 10: How to make a certain app show up on Search?

Discus and support How to make a certain app show up on Search? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do I make a certain .exe show up on Windows 10 search. It doesn't right now, and I want it to. submitted by /u/Ollo-X1 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ollo-X1, Jan 26, 2021.

1. How to make a certain app show up on Search?

How do I make a certain .exe show up on Windows 10 search. It doesn't right now, and I want it to.

submitted by /u/Ollo-X1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ollo-X1, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Remonator Win User

Certain apps don't show in search results

Some of my applications don't show in search results when I search for them.

E.g. Visual Studio, it shows only a local directory named "Visual Studio 2017" but it doensn't show the application itself.

Some other applications are listed as wrong version (already uninstalled), and some others dont't show at all (e.g. Putty)

I've already rebuilt the index and ran sfc /scannow several times, and got shortcuts for the apps in both

• %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    and

• %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 (Build 14393.1358)

Any suggestions?

Remonator, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Edge shows up in windows search but not Firefox

does not show up

tonightwetaco, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How to make a certain app show up on Search?

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

How to make a certain app show up on Search?

1. How to make a certain app show up on Search? - Similar Threads - certain app show

2. App not showing up in system or in search.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App not showing up in system or in search.: Hi, I am trying to up date to windows 11 and i need to uninstall virtualbox, but i had never installed it. I understand it is a virtual machine but i have searched my computer, documents and task manager trying to find it. I have admin privileges so that isn't the issue and i...
  3. App not showing up in system or in search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App not showing up in system or in search.: Hi, I am trying to up date to windows 11 and i need to uninstall virtualbox, but i had never installed it. I understand it is a virtual machine but i have searched my computer, documents and task manager trying to find it. I have admin privileges so that isn't the issue and i...
  4. App not showing up in system or in search.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installed apps not showing up in start menu search.

in Cortana
    Installed apps not showing up in start menu search.: Hi. Recently I have noticed that some of applications I pinned on the start menu disappeared and some are not showing up in the search. I have to go into their installed folders to run it which is hectic. Please help....
  6. Deleted Apps still show up on Search results when searched for.

in Cortana
    Deleted Apps still show up on Search results when searched for.: For example this app, I have uninstalled it already but the icon is still there when searched for. When i click on it nothing happens. I already have done thisBut I couldn't find it there.So yeah, is there any way to fix this?...
  7. Desktop apps are missing, certain apps can be loaded but others does not show up will...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop apps are missing, certain apps can be loaded but others does not show up will...: So, I just moved my PC to another place and it suddenly started reacting weirdly. The first was trying to login, it was black and nothing was showing. But apparently the PC offset us by a random amount, and we somehow got in. But then something interesting showed up. One, all...
  8. Disable "show desktop" for certain apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable "show desktop" for certain apps?: I'm using NoteBot as my sticky-note app, mostly because the default sticky note app displays each sticky note as a seperate window for some reason, making task-switching a nightmare. However when I use the show desktop command, all of my windows are hidden, including the...
  9. windows search cant find certain apps

windows search cant find certain apps: So when i use windows search for some reason when i type control panel or run neither of them appear anymore. I was having a issue with search before and rebuild the index could that have had a effect on it. 12805
  10. Remove uninstalled apps that show up on Windows Search

Remove uninstalled apps that show up on Windows Search: When using the Start Menu to search something that has been uninstalled, it still shows up there. It does nothing when pressed, and right-clicking doesn't work, even after reinstalling the app. The apps are present for all users. I tried searching for the links in...