Windows 10: How to make a clone disk bootable?

Discus and support How to make a clone disk bootable? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My hard drive didn’t want to boot so I used Macrium Reflect 7 Free and made a clone of the hard drive to a USB external drive. Unfortunately I didn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by masareismasareis, Nov 25, 2018.

1. How to make a clone disk bootable?

My hard drive didn’t want to boot so I used Macrium Reflect 7 Free and made a clone of the hard drive to a USB external drive. Unfortunately I didn’t manage to boot my device from this cloned, external drive. I decided to install Macrium Reflect 7 Free on the SSD to use it as a clone of the external hard drive. Now I have a bootable SSD and a non-bootable clone of the drive and I need to restore everything that I had on the drive before the crash. Please, how can I restore the system?

:)

masareismasareis, Nov 25, 2018
  2. adcx64 Win User

Bootable Hard drive cloning disk recommendations.

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for a bootable software I can burn on a disk to fully clone a hard drive. I have a 500 GB drive with two partitions and I want to clone both to a 160 GB drive so I can use the 500 in a different computer. I need the 160 to be bootable as it would become the new boot drive in the computer.

adcx64, Nov 25, 2018
  3. adcx64 Win User
    Bootable Hard drive cloning disk recommendations.

Will these make sure the cloned drive will be bootable? One of them is a WD...

adcx64, Nov 25, 2018
  4. How to make a clone disk bootable?

Make clone disk bootable?

My Dell laptop running Windows 10 on 1 TB hard drive wouldn't boot. Fortunately I was using Macrium Reflect 7 Free to make a clone of that hard drive to a USB external 1 TB drive. I wasn't able to get the laptop to boot from the cloned, external drive,
    so I installed a 500 GB SSD in the laptop and did a fresh install of Windows 10 using the Dell recovery disk (thumb drive). I then installed Macrium Reflect 7 Free on the SSD and used it to clone the external hard drive to the laptop's 1 TB hard drive. I
    rebooted, pressing F12, to select the 1 TB drive to boot, but when I did that it wouldn't boot and Windows attempted (unsuccessfully) to repair it.

Still with me? How to make a clone disk bootable? ;)

So I have a bootable 500 GB SSD running Windows 10 and a non-bootable clone 1 TB drive that should have everything restored that was on the drive before the crash. How do I get this back up and running? (Without manually re-installing every app and copying
    every bit of data that is...)

gobigkahuna, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

How to make a clone disk bootable?

1. How to make a clone disk bootable? - Similar Threads - clone disk bootable

2. Make Win10 disk bootable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make Win10 disk bootable.: Hello,I have a dual-boot desktop with a Win-7 disk bootable, and a Win-10 disk non-bootable. The Win-7 disk has the boot option code installed, to pick either win10 or win7 on power-up. The Win-10 disk has no boot record/code, and cannot boot by itself. Is there a way to add...
  3. Make Win10 disk bootable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make Win10 disk bootable.: Hello,I have a dual-boot desktop with a Win-7 disk bootable, and a Win-10 disk non-bootable. The Win-7 disk has the boot option code installed, to pick either win10 or win7 on power-up. The Win-10 disk has no boot record/code, and cannot boot by itself. Is there a way to add...
  4. Make Win10 disk bootable.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I make a bootable cloned ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make a bootable cloned ssd.: I have a pretty old computer. An hp pavilion prebuilt desktop from 2011. It has a very old hdd with more than 400gb. I bought a 240gb Kingston ssd from amazon. I tried to install windows 10 on the ssd but because the computer is old it didn't work. Can anyone please tell what...
  6. How do I make a bootable cloned ssd.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make a bootable cloned ssd.: I have a pretty old computer. An hp pavilion prebuilt desktop from 2011. It has a very old hdd with more than 400gb. I bought a 240gb Kingston ssd from amazon. I tried to install windows 10 on the ssd but because the computer is old it didn't work. Can anyone please tell what...
  7. Making a bootable external clone of a windows 10 drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making a bootable external clone of a windows 10 drive: I want to create an clone of my existing windows 10 computer to run on a different computer, issue being neither have a second memory slot so it must be externalSimply cloning doesn't work due to windows not allowing itself to boot from a usb. So i need some other way to make...
  8. Making a bootable clone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making a bootable clone: I want to clone my c: drive to an external hard drive and then use the external drive as a boot drive. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-a-bootable-clone/c1231084-ab3e-4156-a3e7-51b2959a3df4
  9. Make clone disk bootable?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make clone disk bootable?: My Dell laptop running Windows 10 on 1 TB hard drive wouldn't boot. Fortunately I was using Macrium Reflect 7 Free to make a clone of that hard drive to a USB external 1 TB drive. I wasn't able to get the laptop to boot from the cloned, external drive, so I installed a 500...
  10. How to make cloned drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to make cloned drive bootable?: I cloned C drive to G via Macrium Reflect sector by sector but cannot understand why the cloned SSD is not bootable. What commands do I run to enable the mirror G drive to boot just like C?The hardware is MSI Titan GT80 SLI running Windows 10. [img] The G drive needs to say...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make a clone hdd bootable

2. how long does it take to clone drive with acronis 2019