Windows 10: How to make a custom cursor stay in windows 10

Discus and support How to make a custom cursor stay in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a custom cursor but everytime my PC restarts, it goes away. Any help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DoggoBoi1, Feb 5, 2020.

1. DoggoBoi1 Win User

How to make a custom cursor stay in windows 10

I have a custom cursor but everytime my PC restarts, it goes away. Any help?

:)

DoggoBoi1, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Hopachi Win User

Custom Cursors

White dotted spinners for the Default Windows cursors (working and busy)
    dotted-spinner-white.zip

Previews:

How to make a custom cursor stay in windows 10 [​IMG]

*jagged edges are due to GIF image compression, the actual cursors are smoother.

How to install:
    Extract/place the cursor files from zip in the cursor folder (usually C:\Windows\Cursors) then got to mouse pointer settings and browse for the installed files after selecting the working and busy states. Apply or even save the new scheme under a new name, to easily switch back between different cursors via the drop-down theme list:

Hopachi, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Hopachi Win User
    Custom Cursors

A complete tutorial on changing mouse pointers can be found here:
    Mouse Pointers - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Installing a cursor theme
    :
    Complete cursor packs can include an install file (install.inf) right-click -> install should install the new mouse pointer theme entirely. To use the new theme, select it from the list: (Figure 2 -> Figure 3).

Changing or installing a cursor theme
    manually:
    To use the new cursor file(s) first unzip/open the downloaded file. There you find a folder and/or in that folder the needed files. Then you can place those (extracted) files, the static (*.cur), or animated files, in this case, (*.ani) anywhere you want (Windows cursors are placed in "C:\Windows\Cursors" so this might be the ideal place where you'll need to browse to the files).
    Figure 1:

You then need to access mouse settings from Control Panel -> Mouse or by right clicking on the Desktop -> Personalization
    Figure 2:

That will open the cursor settings then go to pointers:
    Figure 3:

You can double-click the ones needed to be changed or select each one and go to browse. Here we browse to our cursor folder needed (where you placed the extracted cursor files).
    Figure 4:

After all is changed you can even save (see below: select "save-as" and enter a theme name) the cursor theme (scheme) as a new scheme and the settings will be kept for later use, in case the cursors get changed by you or the Windows Themes.
    Figure 5:

That's it.

Hopachi, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to make a custom cursor stay in windows 10 - Similar Threads - custom cursor stay

2. is it safe to use a custom cursor for windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is it safe to use a custom cursor for windows 10?: im wondering if i could possibly use a custom cursor and be safe? from rw designer! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-use-a-custom-cursor-for-windows-10/658c063a-902b-4ea3-b1a4-4e182c0817be
  3. Custom Cursor extension for Android Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Cursor extension for Android Windows 10: Ok so, I know that it isn't really a question, I just saw a locked question about it, so I'll type my reply here. I had the same question; How can I use Custom Cursor extention? I downloaded it, I did everything I could, I just couldn't use it. And the answer is: U see that...
  4. Custom Cursor Theme won't stay applied?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Cursor Theme won't stay applied?: Hi all, never used this reddit before but I was hoping someone here could help me. I've slowly started to customize my PC more and more, and recently decided to change my cursors. I made a custom theme for the cursor set and applied it. However, there's one problem. Whenever...
  5. Windows 10 Custom Cursor Animation Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Custom Cursor Animation Bug: Hi, I develop custom animated cursors as a part of my hobby as a graphic designer. They were all working fine 'till version 1809 update came in November 2018. Up until now, the bug is still persistent with the latest Windows version; 1909. Back before 1809, the animation on...
  6. Windows 10 - Custom icons won't stay on desktop

Windows 10 - Custom icons won't stay on desktop: Hi, Windows 10 is such sh...t sometimes. I'm not sure anyone could fix that but I explain the issue. Windows 10 is unable to keep a custom icon .ico assigned to a website link shortcut created on the desktop. After a while it changes it to some bland icon sh..t,...
  7. Cursor Customization

Cursor Customization: I downloaded a custom cursor pack and have the folder of these in my download folder. Whenever I restart my laptop, however, the cursor resets to the default options. When I open the cursor dialogue box, it still has my custom cursors and selecting ok puts them back on. Is...
  8. Making a custom version of windows 10

Making a custom version of windows 10: Hi, I work for a small IT company and I'd like to know if there's a way to deliver a custom win10.iso to client computers? On occasion we get an amount of computers, sometimes 10, sometimes 20, and it can be a pain to create the local admin and apply all the various...
  9. Custom Cursors

Custom Cursors: [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] Information Thread related to self-made / custom cursors (mouse pointers). Following @Cliff S hint on moving my cursor thread from EightForums. New cursors may follow. Newer cursor...
  10. Customize Narrator Cursor Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Narrator Cursor Settings in Windows 10: How to: Customize Narrator Cursor Settings in Windows 10 How to Customize Narrator Cursor Settings in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind...