Windows 10: How To Make A Custom Directory A Top-level Left Pane Folder In Windows

Discus and support How To Make A Custom Directory A Top-level Left Pane Folder In Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I am trying to figure out how to create a custom top-level folder in the Windows file explorer, specifically my synced Google Drive folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xLoremIpsum, Sep 7, 2018.

1. How To Make A Custom Directory A Top-level Left Pane Folder In Windows

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to create a custom top-level folder in the Windows file explorer, specifically my synced Google Drive folder. How can I do this? I'm familiar with working inside of regedit if necessary, but if there is a simpler solution it's preferred. Please see an image for reference here: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

:)

xLoremIpsum, Sep 7, 2018

2. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Sep 7, 2018
  4. How To Make A Custom Directory A Top-level Left Pane Folder In Windows

Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

How To Make A Custom Directory A Top-level Left Pane Folder In Windows

1. How To Make A Custom Directory A Top-level Left Pane Folder In Windows - Similar Threads - Custom Directory Top

2. How can I get quick access to be at the top of the left pane in the explorer windows by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get quick access to be at the top of the left pane in the explorer windows by...: Hi. I have the problem discussed here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-left-folder-window-keeps/562a9fec-f0ae-46e2-9cca-f2369cb3ea30When I open my explorer windows, it puts OneDrive and This PC up at the top of the left pane. I...
  3. How can I get quick access to be at the top of the left pane in the explorer windows by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get quick access to be at the top of the left pane in the explorer windows by...: Hi. I have the problem discussed here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-left-folder-window-keeps/562a9fec-f0ae-46e2-9cca-f2369cb3ea30When I open my explorer windows, it puts OneDrive and This PC up at the top of the left pane. I...
  4. Hidden folders in left pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden folders in left pane: Why are my hidden folders showing in the left pane of Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-folders-in-left-pane/17a712ae-d60c-495c-93ac-256e663a53c4
  5. Customize music folder details pane

Customize music folder details pane: Hello, I've tried to search for ways to customize the info displayed in the Details Pane.This forum and this list they link to seems to do the trick, but the problem is: I don't want to remove anything Windows displays by default, I only want to add one more bit of info...
  6. Directory Showing in Centre Pane but Missing in Left Hand Pane

Directory Showing in Centre Pane but Missing in Left Hand Pane: My wife's computer just started having a strange behavior. She was looking for a Folder under This PC Documents and it wasn't there. It was showing in the Centre Pane when she clicked on Documents. When she clicked on it in Centre Pane, it appeared in the left hand pane....
  7. How to Customize the Details Pane of a folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Customize the Details Pane of a folder in Windows 10: In order to customize which fields are displayed in the details pane for a given file type you can: 1. Run Regedit. 2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAsso ciations\.mp3 (Or whatever file type you want to edit.) 3. Edit the PreviewDetails string. My question...
  8. Customizing Details Pane for folders.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing Details Pane for folders.: In order to customize which fields are displayed in the details pane for a given file type you can: 1. Run Regedit. 2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAsso ciations\.mp3 (Or whatever file type you want to edit.) 3. Edit the PreviewDetails string. My...
  9. How to stop left pane folder from expanding?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop left pane folder from expanding?: This is driving me nuts, the left pane items auto expand randomly to show all the drivers in Computer for example. I then collapse them again, but after a while they expand again. How can I stop them from ever expanding? I'm not sure what's causing this as on a fresh...
  10. Make a folder a top level library in explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Make a folder a top level library in explorer: I was able to do this in Win 7 however not having it anymore I can't figure out how I did it. In explorer the library icons on the left pane have the actual folder as a submenu item, that is if you expand a library you have to expand the actual folder to see the subfolders. I...