Windows 10: How to make a file impossible to delete?

Discus and support How to make a file impossible to delete? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a file on a flash drive and i was wondering if there is anyway i can make so that file is not able to be deleted on ANY computer on windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/man_wif-waluigi-hed, May 13, 2020.

1. How to make a file impossible to delete?

I have a file on a flash drive and i was wondering if there is anyway i can make so that file is not able to be deleted on ANY computer on windows 10.

submitted by /u/man_wif-waluigi-hed
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/man_wif-waluigi-hed, May 13, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 13, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 13, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

How to make a file impossible to delete?

Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 13, 2020
Thema:

How to make a file impossible to delete?

1. How to make a file impossible to delete? - Similar Threads - file impossible delete

2. Decrypting file is impossible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decrypting file is impossible: I have a couple of files that are encrypted by doing right click -> Properties -> Advanced... -> Encrypt contents to secure data. But I can't decrypt them anymore. Everytime I diable that checkbox and apply my changes I get this:When going into "Details" next to the checkbox...
  3. Decrypting file is impossible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decrypting file is impossible: I have a couple of files that are encrypted by doing right click -> Properties -> Advanced... -> Encrypt contents to secure data. But I can't decrypt them anymore. Everytime I diable that checkbox and apply my changes I get this:When going into "Details" next to the checkbox...
  4. winscomrssrv.dll impossible to delete it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    winscomrssrv.dll impossible to delete it.: HelloooAs the title suggest, the file is showing up as missing when initially loading into windows. I have looked around windows security to see if maybe these file were in isolation but no luck. Only windows defender installedI have tried running these scripts in command...
  5. Corrupted files that are impossible to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted files that are impossible to delete: Hello, while I was looking at my temp folder, a folder was not being deleted. I looked inside the folder and found this: [ATTACH] Sorry for the large images, but here is what I think caused these corrupted files: The temp folder is actually located in my USB, and in some...
  6. How to delete these Adobe Acrobat ActiveX DLLs? These are impossible to delete.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to delete these Adobe Acrobat ActiveX DLLs? These are impossible to delete.: [ATTACH] I have tried deleting them by putting them in Avast AV. It says it deleted them but they are there. I have spend at least 3 hours trying to delete them and they have now literally given me a headache....
  7. New library that's impossible to delete

New library that's impossible to delete: Hello, you can see in this screenshot that I created by mistake a "new library". And when I want to delete it by making right click, there is no option to delete it. I don't understand, can you help me please ? Thanks. Best Regards, Clément. [ATTACH]...
  8. Impossible 'modified' dates on files - how?

in Windows 10 Support
    Impossible 'modified' dates on files - how?: Going through some folders on my laptop, there are a number of .wav files that I created myself on a digital piano I bought in late 2015. The weird thing is the 'Date Modified' column shows they were modified in 2013, which I know is impossible because I had no digital piano...
  9. April 1803 update makes file/folder sharing impossible.

April 1803 update makes file/folder sharing impossible.: I've been struggling with this issue non-stop since my machines were updated to the April (1803) update whereby Windows completely removed the HomeGroup feature. My two PC's are connected via LAN (through a switch), and prior to this update, I had several folders on each...
  10. Windows 10 is making it impossible to type!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is making it impossible to type!: Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I have huge problems typing anywhere whilst online... It keeps freezing and not responding. Very, very annoying! can anyone help? 19866