Windows 10: How to make a list of allowed/not allowed components of specific companies

Discus and support How to make a list of allowed/not allowed components of specific companies in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hey evreyone :I want to make an list of specific keyboards and mouses that the user allowed to use. I have some computers and it may be in the GP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Noam Doron, Jun 20, 2021.

1. How to make a list of allowed/not allowed components of specific companies

hey evreyone :I want to make an list of specific keyboards and mouses that the user allowed to use. I have some computers and it may be in the GP locally.any one knows??thank you so much for your help!!Noam.

:)

Noam Doron, Jun 20, 2021
  2. Steeboo Win User

Windows Firewall - how to allow access

I believe that my firewall is blocking access to Family Tree Maker / Ancestry / MacKiev SYNC - I can't see any reference to any of these names in the allowed list ....

I can't see any way of adding to the allowed list

Any suggestions ?

Steeboo, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Query about allowing or blocking specific websites in family safety

Hello Chin,

We realize your requirement in this regard.

Yes, once you unblock a website, your child will be able to access that particular website without any restrictions. You need to block it back, if your child don't want to access it.

There's a lot of great things to learn about on the Internet, but also lots of things you don't want your kids to stumble on. Turn on web browsing limits if you want to block sites that provide adult content, or to allow or block individual websites or webpages
    by using their web addresses or URLs. For young children, you can set up web browsing limits so they can only visit a small number of sites that you specifically allowed.

To set up web browsing limits

• Sign in to
      family on the Microsoft account website

• Select the child you want to turn on web browsing limits for.

• Select Web browsing, and switch Block inappropriate websites from
      Off to On.

Now, adult content is blocked and SafeSearch is on when your child uses the most common search engines.

• If you want your child to only see websites you've explicitly allowed, check the box next to
      Only see websites on the allowed list.

To allow or block specific websites

• Sign in to
      family on the Microsoft account website

• Select the child you want to turn on web browsing limits for.

• Select Web browsing.

• To add a site to their allow list, go to Always allow these and enter the
      URL of a website you want to allow.

• To add a site to their block list, go to Always block these and enter the
      URL of a website you want to block.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

How to make a list of allowed/not allowed components of specific companies

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

Thema:

How to make a list of allowed/not allowed components of specific companies

1. How to make a list of allowed/not allowed components of specific companies - Similar Threads - list allowed allowed

2. How to allow or block sensors for specific sites on Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    How to allow or block sensors for specific sites on Chrome: [ATTACH]If your computer has a sensor, there is a high chance that Google Chrome is already using is to customize your user experience. In most cases, you can find that a Motion sensor is used by most websites. However, if you want to block sensors for specific sites on...
  3. Do not allow specific account to log on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do not allow specific account to log on: Hi every one,I work with domain system with win server 2008.abb application installed on this system to control specific industrial plant.so defined specific service account for abb application that have full and administrative access. so i defined another operator account...
  4. Do not allow specific account to log on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do not allow specific account to log on: Hi every one,I work with domain system with win server 2008.abb application installed on this system to control specific industrial plant.so defined specific service account for abb application that have full and administrative access. so i defined another operator account...
  5. Allowed Threats list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allowed Threats list: The allowed threats list shows a bunch of allowed trojan threats. I want to remove them from the list. I press "Don't allow", the UAC prompts, it immediately disappears from the list, but if I re open the list, the next instant, they are all there again. Do you have any...
  6. How to add application to camera allowed app list

How to add application to camera allowed app list: Hello, How to add browser to the list of allowed applications for the camera in privacy settings? My MS TEAMS and SKYPE For Business can't access webcam because it is not in the list...
  7. how to make "Only allow these websites" easier?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to make "Only allow these websites" easier?: Hi, I used "Only allow these websites" in Microsoft family account to my daughter in "content restriction" section. I notice you have to add or approve each individual web page even if it's from the same websitedomain. for example add website...
  8. Popups allowed for specific sites

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Popups allowed for specific sites: How do I allow popups for specific sites in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popups-allowed-for-specific-sites/138da6f4-5d65-4ea6-8171-182c4efeae9c
  9. How to add application to camera allowed app list

How to add application to camera allowed app list: Hello, How to add browser to the list of allowed application for camera in privacy settings? My browser (opera) can't access webcam because it is not in the list: [ATTACH] Why there is not way to add new software there? Thanks!...
  10. Allowing Flash in Edge for a Specific Site

in Browsers and Email
    Allowing Flash in Edge for a Specific Site: I have Flash enable in Edge (Windows 10, latest production builds). Some site will play Flash content immediately, but other sites do not and there is no "Run Flash" prompt for the site. Any thoughts on how Flash can be enabled for a site that is not giving the additional...