Windows 10: How to make a symlink?

Discus and support How to make a symlink? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do I make a symlink? submitted by /u/eliminateAidenPierce [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eliminateAidenPierce, Oct 12, 2020.

1. How to make a symlink?

/u/eliminateAidenPierce, Oct 12, 2020

2. Symlink deleted with Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Aydee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• When you upgrade to Windows 10, you will be able to see the report of things needs to be taken care after upgrade, did you get any such report referring to Symlink?

I would like to inform you that this might have happened due to incompatibility of Symlink with Windows 10, try upgrading to the latest version of Symlink.

If that does not help, install the Symlink in compatibility mode and check if that helps

Install the software in compatibility mode.

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the Symlink.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8.1 with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

e. Double-click the executable file to start the Symlink.

For further assistance please get in touch with Symlink support, so that they can assist you better.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Symlinks in Windows 10

Source: Symlinks in Windows 10! - Building Apps for WindowsBuilding Apps for Windows

Brink, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How to make a symlink?

Symlinks in Windows 10

Source: Symlinks in Windows 10! - Building Apps for WindowsBuilding Apps for Windows

Brink, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

How to make a symlink?

1. How to make a symlink? - Similar Threads - symlink

2. Documents and Settings symlink location wins 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents and Settings symlink location wins 10: I am looking for the folder? or maybe its a file named "Document and Settings", googling showed that either this folder no longer exists in Windows 10 or its in C:\Users\current_user_name\Local\But this does not seems to be the case for me.I am looking for this because it...
  3. Documents and Settings symlink location wins 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents and Settings symlink location wins 10: I am looking for the folder? or maybe its a file named "Document and Settings", googling showed that either this folder no longer exists in Windows 10 or its in C:\Users\current_user_name\Local\But this does not seems to be the case for me.I am looking for this because it...
  4. Documents and Settings symlink location wins 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot run msi installer from a symlink current dir

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run msi installer from a symlink current dir: Hi there,I got a problem about msi installer and think that it's a bug. Could you confirm that, and can someone fix this?I symlink-ed a dir by `cmd /c mklink /d C:\symlink C:\target`The msi installer cannot run if the current dir is `C:\symlink`, and it's okay for...
  6. Cannot run msi installer from a symlink current dir

Cannot run msi installer from a symlink current dir: Hi there,I got a problem about msi installer and think that it's a bug. Could you confirm that, and can someone fix this?I symlink-ed a dir by `cmd /c mklink /d C:\symlink C:\target`The msi installer cannot run if the current dir is `C:\symlink`, and it's okay for...
  7. Finding and Deleting a <JUNCTION> or <SYMLINK> in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding and Deleting a <JUNCTION> or <SYMLINK> in Windows 11: In trying to use OneDrive to back up folders on my D: drive I found a website that suggested I could do it by creating a JUNCTION thus: mklink /j "%UserProfile%\OneDrive\D_Desktop" "D:\Desktop"I did so for the D:\Desktop directory and for the D:\Documents directory. It didn't...
  8. Finding and Deleting a <JUNCTION> or <SYMLINK> in Windows 11

Finding and Deleting a <JUNCTION> or <SYMLINK> in Windows 11: In trying to use OneDrive to back up folders on my D: drive I found a website that suggested I could do it by creating a JUNCTION thus: mklink /j "%UserProfile%\OneDrive\D_Desktop" "D:\Desktop"I did so for the D:\Desktop directory and for the D:\Documents directory. It didn't...
  9. use same settings for an app across windows users with symlinks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    use same settings for an app across windows users with symlinks?: hello there, i have that program (not an MS store app, just a regular program with few basics config files) which store his settings in c:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\app and i need that the program share his settings between windows users despite of it not offering such...
  10. CMD script to recreate users AppData folder with all symlinks non-admin

CMD script to recreate users AppData folder with all symlinks non-admin: can you provide a simple cmdline script which can recreate AppData folder structure along with all the symlinks must run without Admin Priviledges...