Windows 10: How to make a toggle switch in batch file ?

Discus and support How to make a toggle switch in batch file ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to toggle between this: wmic process where name="ScpService.exe" CALL setpriority "high priority" and this: wmic process where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by XMcQcX, Dec 20, 2019.

1. XMcQcX Win User

How to make a toggle switch in batch file ?

How to toggle between this:

wmic process where name="ScpService.exe" CALL setpriority "high priority"

and this:

wmic process where name="ScpService.exe" CALL setpriority "normal"

When set to high, toggle to normal and when set to normal, toggle to high. Without creating 2 differents batch files.

:)

XMcQcX, Dec 20, 2019

2. toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

Because you have done me the courtesy or replying, I will comment on your suggestions rather than simply
    burying myself in the AutoIt script literature.

Although the Task Bar COULD be hidden or locked, I can confidently assert that in the circumstances of MY use, the task bar would be locked, but not hidden. Unlocking would be one of the steps (the first ?) in the 'batch file' clicking on which would achieve my aim.
    I guess if I confine myself to ONE switch that TOGGLES, another step would involve determining where the bar is 'right now'.

Different screen sizes and resolutions would not be applicable to MY USE of the script.

'not really worth the effort' I suspect there is wisdom in that, but the challenge attracts me.

I have spent MUCH effort in automating the switch from which of two monitors is the Primary one, and ended up with an unreliable script - using Macro Express.

Sebastian42, Dec 20, 2019
  3. toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

So your suggestion of using autohotkey, is not (yet) capable of moving the taskbar ? - let go toggling by means of a batch file.

Sebastian42, Dec 20, 2019
  4. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

1. How to make a toggle switch in batch file ? - Similar Threads - toggle switch batch

2. Screen switching via batch/powershell file possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen switching via batch/powershell file possible?: Hi, I have three screens connected to my PC, 1 x TV and 2 x TFT's.I'd like to be able to automatically switch between different screens as being primary whilst disabling the others via double click on, perhaps, a batch file.Essentially I would like to be able to have three...
  3. Screen switching via batch/powershell file possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen switching via batch/powershell file possible?: Hi, I have three screens connected to my PC, 1 x TV and 2 x TFT's.I'd like to be able to automatically switch between different screens as being primary whilst disabling the others via double click on, perhaps, a batch file.Essentially I would like to be able to have three...
  4. Bluetooth toggle switch issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth toggle switch issue: Sup, fellow nerds! My bluetooth toggle switch is gone. I've tried many advices from the internet, but none of them seemed to work. Can you guys help me? submitted by /u/J45PB3RRY [link] [comments]...
  5. Batch or Reg edit to toggle Background profiles?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Batch or Reg edit to toggle Background profiles?: Is there some for sort of reg edit trick or batch file (The later being more like. I know they are very different) to set two background/wallpaper "profiles"? By default, I have my wallpaper set to a folder based slideshow. But if I host a conference meeting with a client, I...
  6. Bluetooth toggle switch disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth toggle switch disappeared: I cannot turn on Bluetooth on my Windows 10 laptop. After I run the troubleshooter, the display states that my device does not have Bluetooth, which I know is incorrect. Please help me to fix this issue....
  7. Batch file to toggle between balanced and high performance power plan

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file to toggle between balanced and high performance power plan: Is it possible to toggle between balanced and high performance power plan using a batch file ? powercfg -s 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e and powercfg -s 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c When set to balanced, toggle to high performance and when set to high...
  8. How to Batch Rename files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Batch Rename files ?: I have a lot of files i want to give names to. I already found a way to get names into a text I need. So all these names i have in text, i want to give to other files. How do i do this in a batch process ? Currently trying to learn FastStone Image viewer. Seems to be...
  9. Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD: I have a Windows application that when launched with the Task Scheduler on start up does not have focus (i.e. I cannot execute keyboard commands in the application until I click the application into focus). Focus is on the Desktop. The application is started through Task...
  10. How to switch fn toggle WITHOUT bios

in Windows 10 Support
    How to switch fn toggle WITHOUT bios: My BIOS doesn't have a option to switch between hold fn+f1-12 and I don't have a OEM windows I have retail Windows 10. It's very annoying to press fn+f4 etc to switch volume, brightness, wifi etc I want to just press the f4 alone etc. So is there A way without using the BIOS...