Windows 10: How to make a user's application run in Kiosk mode

Discus and support How to make a user's application run in Kiosk mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Please can anyone let me know how I can make my own Windows 10 executable run in kiosk mode? I can successfully make the pre-installed Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Martin Hargreaves, Dec 9, 2020.

1. How to make a user's application run in Kiosk mode

Hi,

Please can anyone let me know how I can make my own Windows 10 executable run in kiosk mode?

I can successfully make the pre-installed Windows applications run in kiosk mode, but this does not allow me to select my own 'program.exe' file.

Please excuse my ignorance on the latest methods of MS s/w development. The last time I developed s/w for Windows I was using Visual Studio 2005!

If anyone can explain from my background of 15 years ago what I must do, or articles/books I need to read to understand to determine how I can make my own Kiosk application then I would be very grateful.

Thank you,
    Martin...

:)

Martin Hargreaves, Dec 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 - 1803 - Kiosk mode - UWP application

I'm currently facing an issue with dev of kiosk mode application in windows 10.

After sleep, the application crash.

Our current setup :

-Windows 10 – 1803, last update

-Hardware : replicable on any devices

-User in kiosk mode with Set-AssginedAccess without password

-Sleep mode on button pressed.

Example with very simple project ( without any code behind ) :

• User logged with kiosk app
    • Press button to turn sleep mode on
    • Press again button to turn sleep mode off
    • Kiosk application crash and restart, with blue screen in between.

camillemuller2, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Jacob.J.O Win User
    KIOSK MODE

Good Day,

Is it possible to run any application type in KIOSK mode for Enterprise or Education versions?

I tried to run Visual Studio Code in KIOSK mode ( only the black background can be seen ) using Windows Imaging and configuration design and I was deprived User Interface of all local accounts except for the KIOSK profile. Is there an option that
    should be used not to disable the user interface and whether it is possible to remove KIOSK mode and restore User interface?

thanks in advance for any help. I look forward to hearing from you.

With Best Regards.

Jacob.J.O, Dec 9, 2020
  4. How to make a user's application run in Kiosk mode

How to prepare application for Window kiosk mode?

I have an application written in C++. It consists of 2 exe files and several dll. The first exe file (Launcher) checks for updates and starts the main exe file. Main exe file provides main functionality.

I want to run this application in Windows kiosk mode. But when I activate this mode on the Choose app step it shows a fixed list of applications and do not allow to select arbitrary exe file from the disk.

How to add my application to this list? Or maybe there is another way to setup kiosk mode which allows using any exe file from disk?

Andrey Epifantsev, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

How to make a user's application run in Kiosk mode

1. How to make a user's application run in Kiosk mode - Similar Threads - user's application run

2. MS Teams Application In Kiosk Mode ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Teams Application In Kiosk Mode ?: I want top set up a service desk using MS Teams but in a different way , I want to setup a kiosk with Window 10 and want to use MS teams as a Kiosk application logged in with generic account so that any user can chat or call my service desk ID which i will create but question...
  3. MS Teams Application In Kiosk Mode ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Teams Application In Kiosk Mode ?: I want top set up a service desk using MS Teams but in a different way , I want to setup a kiosk with Window 10 and want to use MS teams as a Kiosk application logged in with generic account so that any user can chat or call my service desk ID which i will create but question...
  4. MS Teams Application In Kiosk Mode ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 Support
    kiosk mode: I want to setup kiosk mode to control applications that the users can use , I followed the below url to setup it , however , I can't find chrome browser in the application list , therefore , I would like to ask how to control the user can use chrome browser or not ? another...
  6. Kiosk mode slows my application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kiosk mode slows my application: Hello,I have a an Qt Application that I want to put on Kiosk mode.I used this link to do that : https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows/configuration/kiosk-single-app#powershellThe goal of my application is to display content but with triggers imagine you have a product in...
  7. Problem running ClickOnce application in Windows 10 multi-app kiosk mode

Problem running ClickOnce application in Windows 10 multi-app kiosk mode: It works until the ClickOnce application is updated after this it’s not possible run the application. Is there any other way of doing this for a ClickOnce application? The XML configuration file for the multi-app kiosk setup looks as below: <?xml version="1.0"...
  8. How to run Excel on Kiosk mode?

How to run Excel on Kiosk mode?: Hi all, For Kiosk mode, I can choose to run apps like Paint or Calculator. But I can't seem to choose Excel. How do I run Excel on Kiosk mode? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-excel-on-kiosk-mode/e2e45847-70ce-4278-8c5b-f5867ab185c3
  9. KIOSK MODE

KIOSK MODE: Good Day, Is it possible to run any application type in KIOSK mode for Enterprise or Education versions? I tried to run Visual Studio Code in KIOSK mode only the black background can be seen using Windows Imaging and configuration design and I was deprived User...
  10. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kiosk mode: how do I remove the kiosk mode from my xplane11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kiosk-mode/228bbfb6-fed9-46b9-9244-cccf66bb4cda