Windows 10: How to make active taskbar window more visible

Discus and support How to make active taskbar window more visible in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have about 10 windows open on the taskbar and the active one is a very minimally different shade making it hard to quickly find the correct window.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yankee_6, Jan 18, 2020.

1. How to make active taskbar window more visible

I have about 10 windows open on the taskbar and the active one is a very minimally different shade making it hard to quickly find the correct window. Is there a way to change this? I tried high contrast theme and thought it was perfect at first because it let me pick the color of the active window, but it changed the look of so many other things that I didnt stay with it.

submitted by /u/Yankee_6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Yankee_6, Jan 18, 2020

2. taskbar not visible

Hi,

follow these steps

Step 1

Press the "Start" key on your keyboard, which has a Windows icon in it. This means that the taskbar and will open the Start menu.

Step 2

Write "taskbar" in the search bar of the menu. The second result under "Control Panel" in the category of search results will be "automatically the taskbar".

Step 3

Click on "Automatically hide the taskbar." This opens the "Properties" window of the Taskbar and the Start Menu.

Step 4

Uncheck the box next to "Automatically hide the taskbar."

I hope this can help

regards

MiguelChiappori, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 18, 2020
  4. How to make active taskbar window more visible

Taskbar disable, key command to activate

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I would suggest you to auto hide the taskbar. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.
    • Check on the box Auto-hide taskbar, click on Apply and click on
      OK.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

How to make active taskbar window more visible

1. How to make active taskbar window more visible - Similar Threads - active taskbar window

2. Make active window more obvious on taskbar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make active window more obvious on taskbar Windows 10: In Windows 10, the active window is represented on the taskbar by a very subtle shade affect see pic. Is there a setting or registry hack that would make it more obvious? I keep trying to switch to the browser window I'm already in, which is confusing Pic: Can you tell which...
  3. Make active window more obvious on taskbar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make active window more obvious on taskbar Windows 10: In Windows 10, the active window is represented on the taskbar by a very subtle shade affect see pic. Is there a setting or registry hack that would make it more obvious? I keep trying to switch to the browser window I'm already in, which is confusing Pic: Can you tell which...
  4. Make active window more obvious on taskbar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can I make the cursor appear more visible?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I make the cursor appear more visible?: When on night-time mode, the cursor is hard to see. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-the-cursor-appear-more-visible/b9834c44-135c-4097-9074-9be043ee61b1
  6. How do I make the taskbar be more transparent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make the taskbar be more transparent: The taskbar has some transparency effects, but it's limited to lights and background colours. I want it to show text and images blurred out. Like the old windows aero theme. Where the taskbar showed everything that was behind with a cool blur. submitted by /u/al3x_7788...
  7. How can I make the crosshair in Snip & Sketch more visible?

How can I make the crosshair in Snip & Sketch more visible?: When activating Snip & Sketch the grey coloured crosshair for selecting square areas to be snipped is barely visible against the darkened background. This makes is difficult to quickly locate the crosshair and draw the selection. Is there any setting for the app that could...
  8. Making scrollbars more visible in Windows 10

Making scrollbars more visible in Windows 10: Thought I'd post a solution to this issue that works to my satisfaction. I installed the free WinAero Tweaker app. Under Advanced Settings > Scrollbars, you can change the scrollbar width. Making the scrollbars wider makes the scrollbar handles much more visible. I hated...
  9. How to make only Time visible in Windows 10 Taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    How to make only Time visible in Windows 10 Taskbar: [ATTACH] Windows 10 Taskbar is one place which offers shortcuts and icons for every running app. Using it, you can manage your calendar, pin your favorite apps to it and move them to the desired location. Also, you can manage your [...] This post How to make only Time...
  10. How to Make Window Minimise / Close / Resize Icons More Visible?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make Window Minimise / Close / Resize Icons More Visible?: My father finds it hard to see the window minimise /resize / close icons as shown below. [img] I've tried increasing the title bar size but this doesn't make much difference. The high contrast theme does provide more contrast for these icons but the rest of the display...