Windows 10: How to make an account have privileges over other accounts

Discus and support How to make an account have privileges over other accounts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to make an account on my computer have administrative privileges over all other accounts but I don't know how I can do that. Right now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/andyblinkblink, Sep 11, 2020.

1. How to make an account have privileges over other accounts

I'm trying to make an account on my computer have administrative privileges over all other accounts but I don't know how I can do that. Right now the other admin account seems to have privileges over the other one and can makes changes to it but i want the other account to have those privileges.

submitted by /u/andyblinkblink
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/andyblinkblink, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to make an account have privileges over other accounts :(

Zakin, Sep 11, 2020
  4. cjayed Win User

How to make an account have privileges over other accounts

Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?

I just finished reinstalling Windows 10 (Creator version) and decided to have the installation process create a Microsoft Account instead of bypassing that step like I have on other laptops in the past and creating a local account later. After the install I went to Accounts in the settings and saw that the Microsoft Account was listed as an Administrator. I always thought the main user should only have standard privs for security purposes. Thoughts? Should I create a new admin account and try and change the MSA to a standard account?

cjayed, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

How to make an account have privileges over other accounts

1. How to make an account have privileges over other accounts - Similar Threads - account privileges accounts

2. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  3. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  4. How to make standard account into administrator account if you have deleted the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make standard account into administrator account if you have deleted the...: By mistake I have deleted an account which is administrator. And know I have one account in my laptop which is standard and I am unable to do any thing which is related to administrator. It is showing error while doing anything....
  5. account administrator privileges?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account administrator privileges?: Before installing a new motherboard and upgrading to windows 11 I was co administrator of a pc account. Not now. How can I recover .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-administrator-privileges/ed399470-405d-4a34-868e-dcfd2975e0f3
  6. account administrator privileges?

account administrator privileges?: Before installing a new motherboard and upgrading to windows 11 I was co administrator of a pc account. Not now. How can I recover .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-administrator-privileges/ed399470-405d-4a34-868e-dcfd2975e0f3
  7. Windows accounts privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows accounts privileges: I recently replaced my HDD with a new one and reloaded all my files and apps from a backup to a fresh installation of Win 10 Pro 64 22H2.I now have two accounts listed: my usual account under my name and another account called 'Administrator'.I have gone through the Accounts...
  8. Windows accounts privileges

Windows accounts privileges: I recently replaced my HDD with a new one and reloaded all my files and apps from a backup to a fresh installation of Win 10 Pro 64 22H2.I now have two accounts listed: my usual account under my name and another account called 'Administrator'.I have gone through the Accounts...
  9. Windows accounts privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Administrator account does not have administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account does not have administrator privileges: Hello all, my default user account is set up as an administrator account yet still does not have all write privileges needed when installing to certain drives (C, in this case), and I believe it is causing problems with certain software working the way I need it to. Please...