Windows 10: How to Make Better Contrast to Make Words Easier to Read

Discus and support How to Make Better Contrast to Make Words Easier to Read in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When reading news from many media sites, most headlines are okay, but once clicked on and it goes to the subject matter, it's often light gray color... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ImLost, May 16, 2018.

1. ImLost Win User

How to Make Better Contrast to Make Words Easier to Read

When reading news from many media sites, most headlines are okay, but once clicked on and it goes to the subject matter, it's often light gray color against white background, feel like Im going blind trying to read it. Im non-tech, found places to make changes, but no luck, ends up changing the wrong things, or it only affects the desktop and icons.

:)

ImLost, May 16, 2018

2. Make Windows Phone OS as a Better OS...

Make Windows phone as a Better Phone...

It's my concept of Windows Phone,

*first of all, the start screen scrolling as vertically to horizontal or categorized live tiles...

*start screen and action center can rotate screen as to landscape mode...

*add a new home screen (activities/timeline/appointments) etc...

*make 'all apps' screen redesign for easier for users...

*redesign action center for easier for users...

*make long press on start button as task manager/recent apps button...

*make search button as everything searchable like files,apps,games,photos,videos,etc...

and also on internet...

*and make windows phone as

smarter,smoother,speeder...

and

simpler,easier,better...

cdeef92a-ead0-4635-a832-0f6106a32179, May 16, 2018
  3. How to make Narrator read ENTIRE Word Document (Windows 10)?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to fix it.

Narrator reads what is displayed on the screen, including the contents of the active window, menu options, or text that has been typed. Narrator is designed to work with Notepad, WordPad, Control Panel programs, Internet Explorer, the Windows desktop,
    and some parts of Windows Setup, and may not read words aloud correctly in other programs.

Please try to disable and enable narrator and check if it helps:

1. The quickest way of getting into the Settings in Windows 10 is from everyone’s favorite, Start Menu. When you make a click on Start Menu, you will notice Settings listed there. Click on it and your Settings window will be opened.
    2. As you have entered the Settings, you see many options listed. Find out Ease of Access and click on it.
    3. The Ease of Access will again list you many options under it. And by default Narrator is selected at the lists on the top.
    4. Select the option that allows you to use the slider and switch off the Narrator and again switch on.

Also, refer the below link for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/hear-text-read-aloud-narrator#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

Please let us know if the issue got resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, May 16, 2018
Thema:

How to Make Better Contrast to Make Words Easier to Read

1. How to Make Better Contrast to Make Words Easier to Read - Similar Threads - Better Contrast Words

2. How to make website fonts bold and easier to read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make website fonts bold and easier to read: My 80 year old eyes don't do the job they used to do. I like to go onto my computer in the bedroom after waking, and though the screen it is attached to across the room is a 55" TV, I have difficulty reading many webpages because the fonts, while large enough, are not bold...
  3. How to make website fonts bold and easier to read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make website fonts bold and easier to read: My 80 year old eyes don't do the job they used to do. I like to go onto my computer in the bedroom after waking, and though the screen it is attached to across the room is a 55" TV, I have difficulty reading many webpages because the fonts, while large enough, are not bold...
  4. PRO TIP -- How to make subtitles way easier to read

in Windows 10 Support
    PRO TIP -- How to make subtitles way easier to read: I answered my own question here but I wanted to share a tip. I found a movie on YouTube I wanted to watch. The good news was that it was high resolution and widescreen. The bad news is that the subtitles were way too small. So I opened MAGNIFIER in settings. I changed it to...
  5. how to make "Only allow these websites" easier?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to make "Only allow these websites" easier?: Hi, I used "Only allow these websites" in Microsoft family account to my daughter in "content restriction" section. I notice you have to add or approve each individual web page even if it's from the same websitedomain. for example add website...
  6. Making window resizing easier

in Windows 10 Support
    Making window resizing easier: Is there any way to change how close the mouse pointer has to be to a window border in order to resize it? On my system (running version 1909) the pointer has to be within a few pixels of the border in order to get it to turn into the double-ended arrow, which can be kind of...
  7. How to make it easier to ask your question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to make it easier to ask your question: Have you ever wondered what this icon, in the 'compose your question' window, is all about? [ATTACH] You're about to find out ... It's a helpful way for people to ask questions in the Microsoft Community forums. I'll bet you didn't know that you could insert a table in the...
  8. changing screen & icon size (make larger, easier to read pages)

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing screen & icon size (make larger, easier to read pages): My pages and characters are just too small! I forget how to make larger. Help anyone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-screen-icon-size-make-larger-easier-to/d8368f93-d24e-4d59-8c01-af637ffc37e2
  9. make windows better

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    make windows better: How we can make windows more secure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/make-windows-better/f254e71f-8722-4fb0-9551-90c305d5cee9"
  10. making fonts bold therefore easier to read

in Windows 10 Customization
    making fonts bold therefore easier to read: Hello I have been reading some of the comments about later editions of Windows 10 home, having "improvements" which effectively make life harder for some users, myself included. I have a mild visual impairment and need to have fonts in BOLD for ease of reading/eyesight on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make contrast better